Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
Anyone know how I can get my aluminum board racks and speaker cans back to their show room shine? The previous owner left the boat on a lift, in the elements. I have tried using a buffer and some polish which starts to bring the shine back but doesn't remove the excessive amount of pitting. I know I am going to have to resort to harsher measures, but don't want to ruin them with experiments! Anyone have similar experience with this problem? I have emailed Roswell (the manufacturer) but haven't received a response yet.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-27-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
.....yeah I use peek polishing compound and my finger inside a cloth.......you have to rub extremely fast back and forth for it to be really effective (if you even just rub at a good pace...it wont be fast enough) ......needless to say it is back breaking work.......I just do a little at a time over the winter.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-27-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
If they are chrome you can forget it. If they are aluminum you're OK. Those mothers buff balls work pretty good with cord 120v drill.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
that is what I was dreading! I was thinking about using something more abrasive or a polishing wheel on my grinder. I really don't want to have to buff it out by hand!