Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-01-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Just got the official word that I need to move me and the family to ATL. Will be working near Perimeter Mall area and looking for places in the Gwinnett County area to live. Mostly because the taxes are cheaper and schools. Anyone have know what areas I need to stay away from or areas that I need to look into. Heading down in later March to find a house to rent first before we buy. Plus Lake Lanier, good or bad place to ride?

Anyone have a friend or know of someone renting there house out, needs to have garage for boat, please let me know.

David
Old     (jreilly2001)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-01-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Gwinnett Co is a great place to live. I've been here for about 10 years now and don't have too many complaints about it. Close enough to Atlanta to go for the day or evening but far enough away to avoid the headache when major events come to town. As far as schools go, look around North Gwinnett, Collins Hill or Dacula. These are about the best and safest choices. Maybe a little far from where you will be driving for work but cost of living is reasonable and plenty around to keep you entertained. As far as Lake Lanier goes, It gets crazy on the weekends but it's fine if you know the right spots. During the week its always calm. If you want, shoot me a pm with your email or number and I can try to point you in the right direction.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-02-2010, 5:31 AM Reply   
Dave, really sorry to see you leave the NC area man. And on top of that we never had a chance to catch up on Gaston! I wish you the best on the new deal...I am sure we will still be hearing from you up this way!

WakeVB
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
Suwannee area is great for Gwinnet and close to lanier . where are you working exactly, because traffic is like you cant believe. Also Duluth is nice i have a house there that i am renting out but i have a tenent until April. Lanier can be good you need to know the spots.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-02-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
Chuch - Hey man, I know it is bad, but I am trying to get back to Gaston Memorial Day. So maybe we can hook up then.

DH03 - thanks for the input. We will not get to GA until the 15th of May. If you haven't rent your house out by then, let me know and I will take a look at it. I do need a single door double garage for the boat. that seem to be the hardest to find in the area. I will be working at Ravinia across the street from Perimeter Mall.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-05-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
I think my garage may be to small unless you have a breakaway tongue. how many beds/bath do you need?
Old     (need2board)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-05-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
Ya be ready for some traffic, I work @ the HP building near Perimeter mall, Lanier isnt to bad, you gotta know the spots
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-05-2010, 11:39 PM Reply   
DH03 - My trailer has a break away tongue and the boat is 22' long without the swim platform. We are looking for at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bath. Nice neighborhood because we have a 3.5 year old. A back yard would be nice. Let me know if you have pics.

NEED2BOARD - I might hit you up when I am there to show me the good spots. I think I know where the HP bldg is.

I will be back down there on the 22nd for the whole week. Wife is flying in on the 25th so we can look around at a few places. Most likely we will be staying at the Hampton Inn or Sheraton just down from Perimeter Mall Thur and Fri, then stay in Duluth on Sat night.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-07-2010, 7:06 AM Reply   
sorry my house is a 2-1
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
If you need a crew my old crew is down for some gas and could show you some spots.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-08-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Sounds good to me. I will keep you posted when I get there perm. Again, will be back there 22nd of March.