Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-07-2014, 4:08 PM Reply   
My son's 9 and weighs 97 lbs and wears a 5.5 shoe. I've done a little digging on Evo and other websites. Its looking like He might be needing a 130cm board with bindings that range 5-8.

Are these sizing charts accurate?

Before dropping coin, is this the size board he needs?

He is a beginner and rode a little last summer on a borrowed board.

Any info would be most helpful.
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-07-2014, 7:11 PM Reply   
My 9 year old son rides a Ronix Vision 120, we just moved him up to the 5-8 bindings If your son is already at 5.5 then get the 5 to 8. I am partial to the Ronix kids boards, I think they have the best kids shape. My daughter rides the girls version the Ronix August and she loves it. Seems to be easy to learn on, yet progressive enough to advance. So my recommendation would be Ronix Vision with Ronix Divide boots 5 to 8.

Have fun!
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-07-2014, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by csherbo View Post
My 9 year old son rides a Ronix Vision 120, we just moved him up to the 5-8 bindings If your son is already at 5.5 then get the 5 to 8. I am partial to the Ronix kids boards, I think they have the best kids shape. My daughter rides the girls version the Ronix August and she loves it. Seems to be easy to learn on, yet progressive enough to advance. So my recommendation would be Ronix Vision with Ronix Divide boots 5 to 8.

Have fun!
Thanks for the info. One thing I'm worried about is getting a board that's to big and it being to hard to ride.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-08-2014, 3:54 AM Reply   
I agree with the above but at 97 lbs he is almost out of the board at 120cm. My oldest rode the Vision and he loved it. Just moved him into a 130 BILL and he is 92 lbs. but 13 and has been riding for 4 years. He can shred the BILL at 130 no problem.
The Ronix Vault 128 is the same concept in shape but bigger. I would go 128cm and let him grow into it, not out of it. Read the reviews online regarding the vault for progressing young riders. I picked up a nice 128 Vault for my 10 year old son and it is now the most popular board on the boat among the 4th through 7th grade regular crew. (because Cam wont anybody touch his BILL)
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-08-2014, 4:04 AM Reply   
Thanks BaitK, I'll keep digging.
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-08-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
I decided to go with a 125 hyperlite state 2.0 package with the remix bindings. We discussed several boards and this is the board that evo recommended for a longer term use. I'll post up how things go once we start ridding.
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-08-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
I decided to go with a 125 hyperlite state 2.0 package with the remix bindings. We discussed several boards and this is the board that evo recommended for a longer term use. I'll post up how things go once we start ridding.
Congrats. I'm sure it will work great. It's a blast to watch the kids progress.
Old     (alyyybo)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-13-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by csherbo View Post

Have fun!
How much does your daughter weigh? I weight 87lbs and am looking into buying this girls board to save some money but i'm unsure if I am too heavy for it
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-18-2014, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyyybo View Post
How much does your daughter weigh? I weight 87lbs and am looking into buying this girls board to save some money but i'm unsure if I am too heavy for it
Hi Alysha, she is just under 5' and is 82 lbs. Seems to be no problem for her.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2014, 11:27 AM Reply   
I have 2014 LF Classic 130's for the Groms