Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-15-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
I'm going to buy some Watson bindings but my shoe size is almost exactly size 9 (fairly wide). So my dilemma is do I order the 8-9 or 9-10. I did search around at a couple of shops around the area to try some on, but the best I could find were the 9-10 boots. I have also rode someone's 9-10 boots and they fit, but there is some heel lift and a little toe room. I would really like to get the 8-9 because I like a tighter more supportive binding and I am almost willing to deal with hassle of exchanging, but if I could, I would really like to avoid exchanging. Anybody with experience?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-15-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
If you can find some 8-9's get them. They will be hard to find the longer you wait. Or go with another boot and your tib/fib and ankle will thank you later.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-15-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
I have the same foot. Size 9 and wide. Go with the 8-9s! They felt great on me.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-15-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
How do you guys like the Watson's? I have riden LF boards my whole life and pretty much refuse to ride anything else but LF bindings just never ever fit my feet right and killed me. Plus I like a slightly more supportive binding as well and from my understanding the Watsons and Soven's are pretty supportive. Point is I havent tried a current year model LF binding on and I'm wonder what you guys think? I gave up on their binding a few years ago but have been rather impressed lately... and just picked up a 138 shane hybrid ltd (best board ive ever ridden)
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-15-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
I like them...alot of my friends have them as well. I have the Watsons, Sovens & Shanes but like my watsons the best.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-16-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
Out of the 3 which are the stiffest?
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-16-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Well I ordered some 8-9 Watsons, so thanks for your experiences. To answer D_Ave: the Watson's are comfortable, I've been riding someone else's and even though they were looser, they were still really supportive. I previously had the same feelings as you toward Liquid Force bindings, actually all wakeboard bindings. What I like about LF now, where I actually want to buy them, is that they use insoles now. So now I can put some orthotics or better insoles in there to help protect my knees. I also really like the Hyperlite Systems (The Marek specifically because they're so stiff, supportive, and use insoles). The Watsons and Sovens are stiffer than the Shanes. Between Watsons and Sovens, I think it's a matter of preference - velcro or laces. I feel like I can't get velcro as tight as laces.