Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-01-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Ok guys yesterday I had my 2001 210 super air out all day. The vdrive pressure light was going out like normal around 650 rpm soon as I put it into gear, but at the end of the day it wasn't going out until 12-1600 rpm. I checkeD the level an it looked slightly low but within the limits after pulling out of the water. I checked it again today after sitting and the level looked normal. So I have several questions
1 could a bad pressure switch on the vdrive cause it to come on later?
2 could the oil just have thinne out when hot causing it not to trip the switch?
3 I beleive there is no pump in the vdrive and the gears self lubricate so as long as the oil levels are good I should be okay correct?
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-02-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-02-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Not familar with your v-drive but I would presume if you had fluid in the acceptable level you have only a faulty sensor. What exactly is the pressure light checking for? The Pressure in the v-drive case? Aren't the v-drive cases vented? I wonder how it could build up pressure? Wish I could help! Wish you luck!
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-02-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
It is a pressue sensor. There must be gear driven pump that is driven off the drive shaft. When in neutral no pressure so lite is on. When in motion the pump ciculates oil in the v drive. If your level is ok I wouldn't worry.
Old     (scott)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-02-2010, 11:05 PM Reply   
My Sanger does the same thing. When i took it to Sanger, they said it was normal. What they said is the same as what Derek said!