Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
I have a 2008 LSV 23. One wake looks great, the other looks really washy. That is just using the tanks with no wedge. How do I fix that???
Old     (rarasaurus)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
You have to have even weight on both sides of the boat. If one wake is washing over you have to move more weight to that side of the boat. Try playing around with where people are sitting most of the time it only takes a person to move from one side of the boat to the other.
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
So the washy side is the side that needs more weight?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
yes... the heavy side will be clean, the light side will wash.... just slowly add more weight to one or the other until the rooster tail/wakes are even....

do you have batteries, subs, amps, etc etc stacked to one side...that adds a lot of weight that usually doesnt get accounted for
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Whats your speed. If you are too back heavy and going to slow the wake will be susceptible to washing out/crashing over.

If you are properly weighted, an LSV can go down to 17MPH and still have both sides clean from 50 to 70 ft back.
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
We have been using 15mph. I do have the amps and battery on that side as well. Do you know if I can add to the ballast while I am driving?
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-08-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
15mph might be a bit slow, unless your using that speed for young children or a new rider. I believe the faster you go will help firm it up aswell.

Try 19-20mph, but like people said aswell, try evening out the weight.
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
I am gonna try it this week. Thanks!!
Old     (madriding1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
I have an '08 LSV as well. With no ballast filled the wake is almost perfect at about 21mph and a 75' rope.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Martin, I have a 08 VLX - I have been having the same issue with starboard (passenger) side. The port side is always clean and crisp. I ride at 19.8 mph and 75ft rope.

What side are you having issues with?
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Silva I am experiencing the same side. Driver side looks really nice. But reading your thread and mine, I think we have a plan to fix it. I know I am just going to slow to start with so I hope for better results Thursday!!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-08-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
19.8 and 75 foot of rope...I ride a paltry 70' but run about 23mph. I don't know if I could make it w2w at 20mph.

I would also check wakeboard positions as well. I know when I have just one board up the wake will wash opposite from the loaded board and thus I load more ballast to the unloaded side. Sounds weird but I figure the damn wakeboard must be acting like a mini wing and pushing down on that side of the boat.