Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-24-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
This past weekend had the pleasure of working with Larry over at Fresh Air Exhaust and getting a setup for my boat. Below are some pictures of the exhaust ports, the setup dry fit, and a couple photos of the unit finished on the boat. Install was a piece of cake, and even with taking photos took me all of 40 minutes. This was on a wake series Sanger V-215

Mounting to the wake plate lets me retain the ability to remove the swim step often; but if you do not do this they also have the option of a quick disconnect on the swim step to keep the unit rigid.

Never done a full blown review before but wanted to give my opinion as I agonized for months over whether or not it was worth it and finally pulled the trigger (so I assume it may be the same for others):

Fit/Finish: The unit is flawless, powder-coating is incredibly glossy, and the thing is damn tight on the boat….doesn’t go anywhere once completely installed.

Color options: Currently (from the conversations I had) they are looking at moving away from a powder-coated option and going to a brushed option as their “base” unit. Went with the black because of the boat colors, but the brushed would have looked killer matching my tower as well. I know the tower has got to be the easiest thing ever to clean on my boat so I would only assume the brushed option to be the same.

Mounting Options: As I indicated above I went with a wake plate mount to keep the install compact. Between this and the swim step option they basically have every ski boat out there covered. They also have angled exhaust port mounts allowing for different items in the rear (wakeplate, wedge, etc.)

CO2 level: I have not yet died from CO2 poisoning since install so they get points here.

Sound: Here is the real reason I wanted this puppy……until you ride in a boat with one it is difficult to explain how much noise it gets rid of. The video I took turned out terribly so I will be doing better ones this weekend that ill toss up in this thread. In the no wake zone it feels like I’m silently floating across the lake, and under load with weight at 30mph I can easily talk to all of the others in the boat. ON THE WATER NOISE WAS THE BEST IMPROVEMENT!!!! While riding I get a much crisper sound from my tower speakers and can hear the music much easier….I never realized how loud my boat was!

All in all, this thing is great and I wish I installed it earlier. Big props to Larry and team over at FAE as well because they were on the phone with me anytime I called to answer a question about the install, and followed up quickly when I placed my order (shipped same day at my request). I look forward to many more lake trips with my newfound silence (except for the loud music of course).
Attached Images