Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
What do you think is fair?
I bought a board from the WakeWorld classifieds last week. I have purchased stuff before with great results. However, this time purchase hasn’t gone so well. The board was advertised as having a “blemish on one of the molded fins”. I sent an email asking if there was any damage. The seller replied, “it just has one blemish on one molded fin”. I received the board. It had three large epoxy globs on three of the molded fins (See pictures). One fin has a chunk missing from the fin, visible through the epoxy. I don’t want the board. We have exchanged emails. He claims he, “honestly somehow did not notice that before.” The question is what should the seller have to pay?
Should he pay a:
1) full refund and I should pay return shipping
2) full refund and he pays return shipping
3) full refund and he pays return shipping and $50 for my time and trouble.

Also, should his name be posted to let others know about the transaction so they can make an informed decision about whether to deal with him?

Additional Information:
He is an older guy (late 30s). He has posted many times with astute observations about boats, boards, etc…so he is not a newbie. From a video he is an advanced rider. Also, gathered from posts, he owns a nice late model boat and vehicle, so he is not a charity case. Further, during our email exchanges he is increasingly playing hard ball regarding return shipping.
Last, he pulled the classified right after I sent the money via paypal.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for you input.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (martinique)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-21-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
I think thats the same board I got screwed on...He told me it was mine I paid him then a week later he refunded me....is that an 07 transcend Platinum from a guy in TX who's name starts with a G? If so good luck because he was a total jerk to me. I am so glad I didn't get it...I would demand a total refund for false advertising
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Thats a rough deal man, I would demand a full refund and have him pay shipping if you can get away with that. I also think others should know who this guy is, but I'm not sure if posting his name is cool or not here, I'd wait for more input. Good luck
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
HEY, If this guy has in fact done this twice, please reveal him. I sure don't want to get stuck buying his junk.

Sorry it didn't work out. The Transcend is such an awesome board. Definitely more than a "Blemish." That board is hammered!
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
AG,
Same guy, same board. Given that any shred of doubt about his knowledge of the damage has been removed, his name is Gene Williams from Texas. Outing him might cost me, but I'll take the bullet to make sure he doesn't do it again.

AG-I am sending you an email.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-21-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
What is his screen name on here???
Reaveal this so everyone knows. Please
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-21-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
what a maggot.............should ban his punk ass for that imo
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
His screen name is Gene3x, I almost bought this board but passed once I saw the photos. The photos he took where of the whole board and was hard to see if there was any damage, but I did see a problem with one of the molded fins but could not tell how bad it was. I'm glad I passed. If you used Paypal File a claim, You may get your money back.
Good Luck
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think the guy should give you your money back and pay shipping.That is what most companies would do. Outside of that thanks for outing him I hope it doesn't cost you.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
He needs to return your money and pay for shipping the board back to him. What a sh*tty thing to do! No way he didn't realize the damage to the board. And thanks for revealing his name. In the long run, I don't see how that can possibly cost you ... you're the one who was honest and he's the one who is dishonest. Now his reputation is as damaged as the board and if he wants to make good, he'll refund the money and shipping. If he doesn't, then he never intended to do it anyways. Wishing good karma to you!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
wow. some people are just slime, plain and simple.
Old     (norcalboardsports)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-21-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
That guy should at least give you a full refund. Being a owner of a board shop I would have to use that board for a demo and fix it better than that CWB demo boards would never look like that
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
"Blemish" haha thats a total joke that board is hammered!!!!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
He's a rip-off artist and a jerk apparently.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-21-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Have you talked to him? I hate to see someone get bashed when they haven't had the opportunity to make it right. Like many do with broken boards before they have even tried to return them. If you have then bash on!
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
Thanks all for your input.

Ron,
Yes, I've exchanged emails over the last week and a half with him. He hasn't offered an apology and wants to play hard ball negotiations over the cost of shipping it back to him.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
This guy has done it twice? Does he really expect someone else to fall for it and not want a refund? What an idiot. Thanks for letting us know.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
Cry baby....get over it. Used is buyer beware, ask for pictures next time of all parts.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Clarification: Turns out I jumped to a conclusion. AG never received the board. He had another issue with Gene involving the same board...AG never received it. Gene refunded his money, but not without hassling/threatening AG.
So, as far as I know. I am the only one he has pulled this stunt on.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-21-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
1st I offered to refund his money for the board and shipping there and half of it back. I am not surprised I am gwtting flamed by hearing one side of the story. Stop and get the facts before you respond to this crap. Oh and I provided very good pictures. I am moving out of my house & on my Treo this whole week and don't have time to defend myself. After this post I will have to think long and hard about any refund. By the way... I bought the board on here from a fellow wakeworlder and am not crying like a little girl. The other guy is b*tching because I never even sent the board to him! I gave him a FULL refund because I got payed from both of them! Thanks guys for the support.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Hmmm...I never received pictures from you. I took your word for it when you said there was only a blemish on one of the molded fins. You are a 38 years old and have many posts on here. I trusted you.

Gene wrote
"I bought the board on here from a fellow wakeworlder and am not crying like a little girl."

So are you saying your received the board in this condition and therefore you knew about the damage?
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Ha! I think Gene's profile pic about sums up his actions and what you can expect! That's too funny!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-21-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
He sent me one pic of one fin. I offered you a full refund plus half of the shipping and you come flame me on here. Nice. I did send you pics. Don't lie. Do I need to post up all of our emails? Guess what you think this helps the situation? You just got everyone on a bandwagon that doesn't exist by making false accusations. The other guy was b*tching because I sent his money back (IN FULL) and gave the board to you.
Old     (txmajik)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Quit acting like a punk and handle business like a man in private via e-mails and or PM's.

Welcome to the real world - it is buyer beware when you buy used equipment - if you want a perfect board, go buy a new one! If you want a "cheap" board, buy used and don't cry when there are problems with it.

And the buyer pays shipping, even when there is a problem with the merchandise.

Maj
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-21-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
BTW thanks Ron & Rich for being the only one's to keep a level head without jumping to conclusions before you have heard the facts. I actually would still send the refund in full if I could expect to get the board back. Based on his actions I am unsure if I would really get the board back! Oh and I did not see any other blems on it but the one. So I am not observant. I told him it was not a perfect board but still rode the same and it does.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-21-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Additionally.... the damn board was a steal at $225. A Transcend Platinum for $225? Take the time to look at the pictures for God's sake.

Thanks Texas Majik
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Gene you are a grown man playing kid games. Someone nails for lying, so you call them a lier.
1) Produce the email that you sent to me with pictures. 2) I sent you a total of 5 pictures (including the ones above), I have the emails to prove it, anyone who doesn't believe me, email me and I will send you the sent emails. Also what do you need pictures for? You saw the damage in person. 3) Nice, you promised AG the board, held his money, waited to see if you could get more, received my money, which was more, and sent his money back. Speaks volumes about your integrity.

BTW--You didn't answer the question...you received the board with the damage, knew about it, and passed it on to me. Isn't that right?
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-21-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
A blemish usually doesn't require gops of epoxy. Way to take the extra time to make it look half decent, did you do the finish work with a cement trowel?

When I buy used equipment, I expect it to be as advertised by the seller. The buyer in this instance has every right to demand his money back plus shipping. My real world has consequences for your actions - Sell junk on-line without proper disclosure, get called out.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
My question is what did you expect for a steal price like that?

COME ON, sounds like you need to learn some communication skills and stop jumping to conclusions and opening up the "court of public opinion" on a really subjective matter that most people on this thread have nothing to do with.

Learn this....

Caveat Emptor
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
Under the doctrine of Caveat Emptor, the buyer could not recover from the seller for defects on the property that rendered the property unfit for ordinary purposes. The only exception was if the seller actively concealed latent defects.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
Good luck with that claim. The doctrine usually applies to real property and not a wakeboard that is significantly cheaper than what you can buy normally.
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-21-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
Dave Oneill, at this point the thread is more about your ego than anything.

If you sent the money before you saw the additional pictures that you requested then thats your bad.

If you want your money back, the offer is on the table. Whats the problem? Ship the board back, then you get your refund. You eat the shipping there, he eats the shipping back. Thats the way it works.

Personally, with the way you are acting, I would never sell you anything in the near future and I would reccomend to everyone else on WW that you have drug into it that they dont either.

And the next time you want to attack someone publicly you better be ready to stand toe to toe with them. Thats what men do.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-21-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
Rich, just curious, if you feel the doctrine doesn't apply to used wakeboards, why did you bring it up?

Dave, Gene, hope you guys reach a mutually acceptable compromise..

My $0.02:

1. The damage on the fin is definitely not a blemish. If I were selling the board with that kind of a "blemish", I'd be very clear with the buyer and would send some very clear shots, in an effort to prevent exactly this type of situation.

2. On the other hand, $250 for the current year top of the line board is about 50% off, which sounds like a case of too good to be true, which it sounds like it was. The situation being what it is, I'd probably keep the board if it was ridable, would just buff down that excess goo.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
The actual doctrine and the general principal are 2 different items. Caveat Emptor is simply "buyer beware" and is a good fit for what went on.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2007, 11:07 PM Reply   
It comes down to integrity. Pictures can hide things. We all know this. When you ask a man an honest question, you expect an honest answer. Rich (rson), Texas Majik, and Justin (according to your profiles, all from the Dallas Texas area, same as Gene), after reading this thread, honestly, would you trust Gene at his word? Would anyone who has read this thread? If not, it is worth it. Is the integrity of the WakeWorld classifieds better protected because of this thread? I like to thinks so. If it is, it was worth it.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
Actually, I am in Keller.....no one knows where it is so I say Dallas. However we are 50 on CNN's list of best places to live.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2007/top100/

I have never met Gene other than on the forums.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-22-2007, 1:05 AM Reply   
Rich,
I am sure Keller is a nice place to live. Your Texan pride is shining through. I have traveled throughout Texas on business, and I like Texas. The people that I have met are a 180 from what I have experienced today. The Texans I met are hard working, honest people. They are also very loyal to Texas. Loyalty makes a community strong. However, those that violate that loyalty though lying and cheating violate that loyalty. Violations of trust weaken the community. I think the Texans I have met, and there are many, pride themselves more on straight forwardness. Further, though occasion has not arisen, I am pretty sure most Texans I know would be quick to expose those Texans that don’t adhere to the values of honesty and integrity. The point is WakeWorld is also a community. Loyalty requires honest people to sacrifice, to ensure its integrity. The bottom line is those that lie and cheat need to be exposed in all communities, to ensure viability. Don’t you agree?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2007, 1:25 AM Reply   
Dave you are being a drama queen and making a bigger issue then this really is..he offered you your friggin money back plus some of the shipping.It wasnt like he left you hanging..this absolutely DID NOT warrant a post and ripping his name through the mud..

if Gene would have just not returned your calls and tried to make this right then post but this makes you look like a cry baby ahole ..

BTW epoxy or not he told you about the issue and gave you an excellent deal to begin with..

after this post you would NOT get your money back from me and i would make sure you never rolled through my area and let me see you in person(hypothetically that is :-) ) ..

this was way overblown and overstated and very unfair..

you are a d@#k for putting this all over a public message board..

that goes for all the people who jumped to conclusions and ripped gene before you knew the whole story..

shame on you !
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2007, 1:40 AM Reply   
bill, you must be "good friends" with gene.

just kidding bill. how's it goin' man? long time no see (post)! hope all is well.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-22-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
Send the board back to him! Send him his damn money back! Split the shipping and be done with it.

Gene - I was totally on your side here until I saw your profile pic with the anti-Christ. J/K. I do hate her though but to each his own.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-22-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Well, based on the pics, I think I have a solution for you Dave. Since it is obviously total junk and is worthless I will take pity on you and give you $100 for it. That way you don't have to look at a new board you STILL got a good deal on that is obviously TOTALLY un-ridable based on the looks of that damage. It really is a shame you paid full price for that.

Oh, wait, you paid about half price for a current model year board? It has epoxy on it, that means it won't get water-logged. Ride the crap out of it, hit some sliders, go wakeboarding and get the F*** over yourself. Did you seriously expect to have a perfect board for that price?

For the record, I do know Gene, I have ridden with him and I am proud to say I would still buy a board from Gene and feel confident that if there was a problem I could easily handle it between he and I with no need to drag his name through the mud on a forum in front of a ton of people who have no idea who we are.
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       07-22-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Ron, I agree that the picture of the Anti-Christ at 1st made me very suspicious of the integrity of Gene. Then I read the quote on the picture... I suggest you revisit his profile

As for the rest of this crap. Take it off the message board and work it out on the Phone so there is no more confusion. That is the worst thing about email, people think it can replace a real conversation between people.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-22-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
The things that I have sold on WW I have always told the buyer before hand of all damage if any. I then tell buyer if he is not happy for any reason. I will refund his money and buyer covers the shipping cost there and back.
Dave
I would take Genes offer of only paying the return shipping and be done with it. Just my thoughts.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-22-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Why not just suck it up and put alittle sandpaper on that board and go ride it?
Old     (matt_c)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-22-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
for that price($225) its not bad. Maybe would have offered $200.
But a little sandpaper($5) and about an hour you could get that fin to look fine.
I never notice the bottom of my board when I'm riding, WAIT...I cant even see it while I'm riding...

If it rides the same, what difference does it make. :-) Go ride and have fun. Its a used board.

You should see the bottom of my board I ride. Its definitely not pretty but still rides fine.

Now my opinion on the whole deal...

Gene, offered a refund, so I'd just send it back. And be done with it...simple.
And the whole shipping thing...seriously how much is shipping? $12-15? thats nothing. I could find that walking around the street picking up pennies all day. its not worth the headache or time it takes to post on the internet. I'd just assume pay it, and be done with it. More important things to worry about. Online transactions.... lesson learned. Not the first time, and wont be the last.

He also said it wasnt perfect. WHOA! wait right there. That would have raised a RED FLAG for me. Everyones perspective of what a blemish is subjective and I dont want others deciding for me what a blemish is, so I'd want to see if for myself no matter what it took or how long it took to get a pic(if I was a serious buyer).
So you being the buyer should have asked more questions or DEMANDED MORE PICTURES REGARDLESS WHO SELLING THE BOARD, EVEN IF IT WAS CWB THEMSELVES.

I'm responsible for my own decisions good or bad so if I didnt cover all my bases, I cant blame anyone but myself. I wouldnt by anything without seeing it first. Unless its a heart transplant or something..ha!

Gene's not scamming anyone if he's offering to refund your money. What does he get out of refunding peoples money everytime IF THEIR NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR PURCHASE? Seems like he has good "history" if he's done this already for someone els, I dont know the facts of that story but seems that he did refund the guys money. Also the fact that Gene has been willing to correspond(email) with you after the purchase says something for his character. People buy and sell things online everyday and some people just take your money and run, and you never hear from them again.

Oh and..I'm Matt from Dallas,Texas ...I love lamp :-)

(Message edited by matt_c on July 22, 2007)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-22-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
that he pays $50 for YOUR TROUBlES is BS!!! you caused him more trouble by ripping the guy up without even getting in contact with him like a real man should, now if the guy won't answer your calls or e-mails after a week (heck its summer, people go on vacation) then i don't mind if you rip on the guy

but $50 is completely over the top, your troubles included 5 minutes of looking at the board and not being smart enough to ask for pictures, and a couple more minutes to pay pal the money over
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
I'm with Dave. He got bent over and hosed on this deal.
Old    akman            07-22-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Send the board back and split the cost of shipping seems like the easiest course of action and you are both out equally if you ask me.

Dave and Gene....for what it's worth.

Put it in the "lesson learned" file and MOVE on, life is way too short to get your panties all bunched up.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-22-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Gene is offering the same deal as the best retail establishments out there, what more do you want?
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-22-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
dude, did you really think it was a pristine platinum board at $225?? c'mon now...

gene wouldn't screw anybody purposefully. i DO know him and know this is all a mistake.

but thanks to dave for starting a very entertaining thread.
Old     (sjrob)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
that board looks delicious with all that maple syrup poured all over it........

But seriously, I'm not sure both sides of this story, yet if you are selling a board that is that poorly repaired....state it......
Old    alanp            07-22-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
buff that shiat out and ride it. my board is 10x more thrashed than that one.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
I just dropped my board today, & dinged the outer edge of my Player 143. I freaked out for a minute, then shaved it down w/ a rasp. I will mix some fiberglass & seal it, sand it, & ride it.
The funny thing is that I will still ride as good as I did, I did before I dropped it.
Old     (bmcelwee)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
Sorry, didnt take the time to read everthing but sometimes you get exactly what you pay for...I think if you cleaned that epoxy up the board would be good as new. Just a little sanding and your good to go.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Couple of things:
-Where's a link to the original sale ad, that is important.
-Why was the board sold twice, to two different people?
-What is the timeline from the start to today?
-Why are some people threatening the buyer, like he did something wrong?
-I paid $225 for a used unmolested Platty Transend. Just because you can't find the deal, doesn't mean I can't find them over and over again. It's called patience and fortitude.
This deck as changed hands several times now, so a repaired deck, that is sold over and over, is never par for pricing. Hardly actually...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, why are all the people coming to Gene's bat from Texas? And Texas Majik is a new poster... Price and what he got don't matter here, all about trust and integrity. Like YA'll wouldn't be mad if someone sent you something less than you were expecting. Nearly every fin on that board is crap, sell it to these guys claiming a steal of a deal, cause it's new man!!! Who wouldn't want a brand NEW log of ish, still steaming?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-23-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
George - thanks for pointing that out. Sorry you had to shake her hand Gene.
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-23-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Wooooohhhh, slow down Columbo.

1: Who cares
2: why do you care
3: still why do you care, what are you going to call CSI and recreate the crime?
4: No one threatened him...just called him names.
5: That was a smoking deal.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
This "buyer beware" stuff is crap. When a board is hammered like that, you should protect yourself from these situations buy disclosing the damage explicitly.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Sounds like Gene3 can be a bit deceptive when selling things. He hasn't denied that the description may have been overly gernerous but only says that I didn't notice it.

Having said that, I think what Gene3 has offered for returns is fair and I wouldn't have thought twice about sending it back. Sure you might be out some shipping, but I view that as the risk of doing business with private parties over the internet.
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
STOP THE DRAMA!!!! You all sound like high school girls bickering! Let the men deal with it themselves and stop the slandering and he-said, she-said. This is a wakeboarding website, not Jerry Springer.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I really don't see any drama, only discussion. This may help future buyers and sellers on Wakeworld.
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-23-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
The question is what should the seller have to pay?
Should he pay a:
1) full refund and I should pay return shipping
2) full refund and he pays return shipping

Anyone ever bother to answer Dave's question? Oh that's right Gene himself offered #2 to you. I agree that "blemish" is a subjective term and it could be misrepresented so Gene should buy the board back.

Lets look at the choices:

Option #1 is what I would expect with an REPUTABLE retailer. Meaning I would pay shipping both ways in the event I wasn't satisfied.

Option #2 is fair. Some retailers you don't have to pay return shipping. I do think that due to the nature of the "blemish" and you feeling like it was misrepresented Gene should pay for a portion of the shipping which he OFFERED TO DO!!

Option #3 is F-ing ridiculous. I would not expect to be paid $50 bucks from Amazon because they sent me the wrong book.

Personally I would take #2 and not worry about it. And for the record I know Gene personally and Dave if you had worked with him privately he probably would have been amicable to any reasonable request.
Old     (jrogers26)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-23-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
wow, G. Rios! I don't think that even warrants a response...

you're in the wrong forum, man.

Maybe try this one??:

http://www.politicsforumpoliticalworld.com/united-states/2981-bush-hater-6.html
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-23-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
So, let me see if i got this:

Guy 1 advertizes banged up board on internet
Guy 1 sells banged up board for great price
Guy 2 buy banged up board and doesnt like how banged up it is.
Guy 2 complains to Guy 1 that the board is too banged up
Guy 1 is generous enough to offer a full refund to Guy 2.
Guy 2 decides its better to post the non-issue on a public forum.

If you ask me, Guy 2 is lucky that guy 1 even offers this. He is much nicer than I would be. He offered a banged up board and the guy knowingly bought a banged up board. Thats why I just give my banged up board to my friends and family. Too many cry babies out there.

Let this be a notice to everyone. The "free board" bus has left WW. Everyone posting their sob story hoping someone offers them a free board is getting old.

And yes Im from TX and I know who Gene is. Trust me, he aint out to take some kids money on a shady deal. Like I said, he is much nicer than I. If it were me, he would be using those tears and a little sandpaper to fix it and go. If anything this post shows who not to SELL to.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
You Texas boys are like massuses and car seats. You guys have each others backs. You guys are all co-signing for gene in a major way. Post the original post in the classified section and we cann all see if it was misleading or not.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
"Take the time to look at the pictures for God's sake."

My observation is that anyone who would sell a board like that, and claim that they only noticed one blemish is either a blind man or a liar.

On some music gear forums people put a list of bad and good trade names in their sig. I'd put this one in the bad trade.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-23-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
next week on wakeworld.com *drama!* *chaos* *destruction of relationships* Gene sleeps with long time friend Dave O'Neills girlfriend behind his back while he still tries to find out just how badly he was screwed on his transcend. she is pregnant, whos is it?? could this be the end of a perfect friendship? tune in next week for the dramatic close of this love triangle.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-23-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
"You Texas boys are like massuses and car seats. You guys have each others backs. You guys are all co-signing for gene in a major way. Post the original post in the classified section and we cann all see if it was misleading or not.
"

It wouldnt really matter where he is from, but I admit its easier to see past the drama when you happen to know that the guy doesnt need $225 to make ends meet. He has his name out in public and is active in the wakeboarding community and knows how tight it is. There is no reason to screw someone. Besides, deceitful people wouldnt offer a full refund dispite having no obligation to do so. At best you have a difference in opinion on what is considered acceptably blemished/repaired or not. Maybe Gene's differs from most, but the thing we know is that he was willing to make it right for the buyer before it ever came on here.

What more could you ask?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
I am from Dallas, TX, didn't join yesterday, and don't know Gene from Adam. Point is, his offer is what any reputable online retailer, I don't see the problem. Personally, the buyer is pretty close to being a dumbass for buying a board w/o seeing the pics, which he self admitted. Not exactly an informed purchase.
Old    bocephus            07-23-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   

quote:

By Dave O'Neill (owaved) on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:36 am:

Haha...$50 for your time. I would give you the board back over your head and $50 for the hospital bill....

Caveat Emptor & CYA (One isn't any good without the other...) Did you ever hear "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is?"

EDIT:
I guess I should add that I would have been a little PO'ed to get a board like that if it wasn't described as such, however I would have had the common sense to try to find out why it was so cheap. I then would have handled it either with a phone or certified mail. I wouldn't call the dude out in a forum like this no matter what. I surely wouldn't be asking for an extra 50 bucks either! The extra 50 bucks is what did it for me...

(Message edited by bocephus on July 23, 2007)
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-23-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
dude i would just ride the board, who cares if the graphics are a little messed up, even with a blemish ,an 07 transcend platinum for $250 is a steal. Beater or jib boards are always a good thing to have laying around too. lol
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
if it was such a great deal why didnt he just sell the board to one of his many friends in the scene? IMO. Gene was trying to get over if he wasnt he wouldnt have taken money from two people for the same board. Dave on the other hand should have done his due deligence. I understand where Dave is coming from he seen a board for a good price being sold by a long standing member of the WakeWorld family and thought he just scored. Should he have asked for more pictures yes did he play the role of sucker well yes. should he get $50 for his troubles no way
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-23-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
grios

ok i wont say whats on my mind but ill answer your question.

maybe nobody here was looking for that particular board when gene was selling it..if it was a 138 i would have bought it..however it was not but it was failry priced for the shape it was in..

BTW where are all your peeps?

also look close the fin damage is not that bad a few dings and a scrape ,what is making it look so bad is the epoxy job ,definitly looks worse then it is and can be sanded down and look pretty good and ride with no issues.

maybe you and dave are closer then you like to admit :-)
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
You should sand it, ride it & get over it. Have you even ridden it? You should dry the tears from your Mangina & go wakboading one of these days.
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Well put Marc FROM CALIFORNIA
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-24-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Every sucker has their opinion..... blah blah blah. I have been trying to raech this crybaby to get him his money back and the damn emails get sent back undeliverable now. Did he block me? i sent him a PM..... no response.
What do all you little self rightous turds have to say now?

BTW, thanks for all of your misinformed opinions.

Special thanks to all the people who had my back who I didn't even know.
I know it is hard to believe I didn't see the other blems, I MUST be blind. (I seriously didn't see them. Is it possible he screwed the board up more after he recieved it? I am still waiting to get my computer on to look at the picures I took before. (can't wait) The jury is still out. No accusations just have not had time to deal with anything lately. Except responding to this guy everyday with very little response. Anybody know where he is or have another email address for him?

Lord knows I don't want to "be a rip off artist" or "get my punk ass banned" or even do anything "sh*tty" I hope my reputation as liar doesn't follow me.

(Message edited by gene3x on July 24, 2007)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Gabby, you're funny!!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Why don't one of you buy it and sand it and ride it? Why would you even sell a board in that shape? That's the sad part. It is straight sad that any of you would actually tell someone they should get over receiving a board in that condition. Like it has been said, we don't know exactly what wording and all went on, but a BLEMISH is not 3 epoxy jobs. If it was stated as a blemish, it was bull-ish. You would not get over it and sand it. It seems to be resolved, and yes Gene has dealt with it very well. All these random "Dude just ride, have fun, it was a steal", no it wasn't, that board is now a slider board, and it's not yours, so the fact you think you can just sand it and ride on, well that irrelevant. IMO, that board should have been sold as a slider board for even less. Who cares what it was, it is now a Platinum piece of ****. A DAMAGED and slightly FIXED board, not a blemished. Everyone wants to just ride and have fun, but if this happened to you you would be a little upset. Point is, board shouldn't have been sold in that condition, and to just sand it sounds like a 16 yr olds quick fix answer. Again, Gene handled it well, and I compliment that, the fact so many people came on and said just sand it and get over it scares me to not trust buying from people on here.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
"What do all you little self rightous turds have to say now?"

Apparently people in TX have a different idea about community spirit and honesty in transactions. When someone sells something to a fellow WW member they are banking on the reputation of being a fellow WW member.

"Is it possible he screwed the board up more after he recieved it?"

You sell something and allegedly have no idea what condition it's in, then try and cast doubt on the integrity of the buyer? That don't fly.