Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (rhawn)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Sup peoples. I'm just going to use the standard form I've seen in a couple other threads. I'm the primary rider, I'm 6'5" and 230lbs. I see myself as more of a surf style rider, carving and trying to get air. I do want to learn how to turn 3's, shuvs and what not. I currently ride a 5'6" Broadcast.

1) Is price a factor? Yes, but not if it affects the quality and caliber of the board.
2) Is made in the USA a factor? No
3) Is hand made a factor? No
4) Are graphics important? Im not gonna pick a board just cause it looks cool but it would be nice for it to look good. Copied answer here, hell I wouldn't even care if it was used.
5) Is durability a factor? (some surfboard construction is almost delicate compared to a wakeboard) Yes, it would need to be durable.
6) Is fitting in a wakeboard rack important? No
7) Will you be the only one riding this board or will it be communal or will you teach others with it? If so - ages, weight and size of the other folks. We will keep the Broadcast for teaching people and for the wife, until she needs something new. But the other rider's who might be using it all fit in the 200lber category.
8) Do you mind buying it online, or is it important that you buy it at your local pro shop? It doesn't matter.
9) Do you have an concerns with material used in construction, for example it has to be epoxy, or no wood? No

and finally

10) How do you see yourself riding it...do you have a skate background where you want to do shuv's or possibly a longboard background where you want to hang 10?
Looking for a surf style board, with the option to do basic surface tricks, 3's and maybe 1 day a shuv.

Thanks again, your suggestions are appreciated.