Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
i was surfing with a few friends at about dusk so i threw on the docking lights, and rear transom lights, i get pulled over and he gave me a ticket for my docking lights being on and my rear light, along with mc's were not block letters, and along with my registration tag was not 3 inches' apart, i measured it and its 2. so i left the water with 3 tickets for no apparent reason, i hate marine cops, don't they have anything else to do??????????? and i was the only one on the lake to.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
I have gotten a ticket for tower lights at night and it was a misdameaner (spelled wrong) charge referred to as "blinding lights". The funny thing is the cop wrote the CF #'s down wrong and somebody else ended up with the fine
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Whooaa...that visit with the marine patrol didn't go well. For 3 tickets I would show up at court after I fixed the lettering and registration tag mounting and take pics to show the judge. Probably get most of them thrown out.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-05-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
Sorry, but you deserved it on the docking light ticket. Rules and reg's are clear, while underway, only white 360 and green/red up front. The docking lights will restrict the visibility of the green/red Nav lights and an oncoming boat would think he was approaching from your stern, and not realize you were heading right toward him.

maybe you should read the safety manual or take a course, since you dont understand why you got the tickets. $.02
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Hate to say it, but TigeMike is right. The docking lights are illegal as hell on a boat. If you gave the cop any attitude it would explain the other two tickets.

I'd bet a judge will reduce the fines if you fix the issues though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-05-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Did he give you a ticket for surfing after sunset/dark? Sounds like he should of or could of given you a 4th ticket. These rules are in place for a reason. So you don't kill someone. As long as you learn from it then don't don it again it is all good.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-05-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
so how close can you be to your dock before you can use your docking lights?
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
I'm with TigeMike too. I was out on the lake watching the fireworks 4th of July and people cruising the lake with their docking lights on. It's so hard to tell what end of the boat your looking at and it is also blinding as can be! Very unsafe to do.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
I have to agree as well, the docking lights are only for the dock & loading. My brother-in-law always insists on using his useless forward facing tower lights when on the lake and one day he'll get popped too. As for the rest i'd have to say it's due to getting the light ticket or 'tude. Afterall if the lights weren't on you might have not been stopped at all.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
On my old boat I got the docking lights ticket also. Seems pretty lame at the time but makes sense I guess.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
The tower lights (docking lights) are only legal inside of the markers (bouys)
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
good one guys! are u stupid? but i can cruse around the lake at 3 am? with no lights? that makes sense. and no i was surfing 30 mins after sunset btw, and its legal, mabee you should read ur rules and regs to ****

(Message edited by MC4Life on August 05, 2009)
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
TigeMike must be a marine pig, ( sure looks like a huge tool)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-05-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
^^^Warning man your battle stations.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-05-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
Yep, we are the stupid ones, but you got the ticket, hmmmm?

What's a "marine pig"...Water cop? That's a new one Sorry, i'm not, I just try to be a safe and responsible boater.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-05-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
so did you get a ticket just for the docking lights what about the underwater led's?
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
ya he just stated clearly that those were illegal to
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Speaking of tool, looks like we have a future candidate for the pwned thread.

Utah law says:
Navigation Lights:
All boats must display the appropriate navigation lights while operating on Utah waters between sunset and sunrise. Navigation lights must conform and be located according to United States Coast Guard specifications.

And the Coast Guard says:
Powerboats-Separate or combination red and green sidelights, 112.5°, visible 1 n.m., placed above hull at least 1 meter (3.3') below masthead light. Masthead: white, 225°, visible 2 n.m., at least 1 meter above side lights. White stern light, 135°, visible 2 n.m. OR, one all-round (360°) white light (should also have sidelights).

The bottom line is if you can't see your nav lights 360° around the boat, then your getting a ticket.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       08-05-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
Straight from the 2009 Colorado Boating Regs

#207 - LIGHTS
1. Every vessel, except hand-propelled vessels when on whitewater,
in all weather from sunset to sunrise shall carry and exhibit the
lights required in this regulation when underway or moored in
other than a designated mooring area. During such times, no
other lights shall be exhibited, except such lights as cannot be
mistaken for the lights specified in these regulations or do not
impair their visibility or distinctive character, or interfere with
the keeping of a proper lookout.

INNERTUBES, AND SIMILAR DEVICES
1. No person shall operate a vessel on any waters of this state for
towing any person on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, innertubes,
or any similar devices, unless there is in such vessel a person,
in addition to the operator, in a position to observe the progress
of the person being towed, and capable of relaying messages to
the operator.
2. No person shall operate a vessel on any waters of this state towing
any person on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, innertubes, or
any similar devices, nor shall any person engage in water skiing,
surfboarding, or similar activity at any time between the hours
from sunset to sunrise.

(Message edited by liveoz on August 05, 2009)
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
I think the picture is getting clearer on why you got three tickets.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-05-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
Just one more thing to prove you were in the wrong.

From Colorado boating laws.

"Towing activities must take place during daylight hours (sunrise to sunset)"

By the way, nice quote. And from another thread I am guessing you wear a lot of Affliction Tshirts.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
^^^^ I agree

I second Bill K's pwned nomination
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Wow...
Gobig... could you actually be andy?

(Message edited by kirk on August 05, 2009)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
What good would driving around with ones docking lights do anyway? It's not as if they provide a great deal of light or are even positioned to do anything other than docking. Mine shine slightly down and out. Oh, and don't jump other people's schitt cuz you ****'d up but hey good looking out.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Brett, use the proper terminology... it's a Douche Cape!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Wow, what's up with the lynch mob? You would think it's winter already.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Anyone wanna bet on how many posts this thing ends up being, $20.00 buy in

docking lights are illegal outside of the bouy, watersports are illegal after sunset and that's it
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-05-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
186 posts where do I mail my 20.00
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Be back in 4 days. $20 & I'm in. 175 posts.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
How about an over under bet?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
Alot of these agencies are running out of funds. Sounds like the cop was in a mood. It used to be a warning was good enought the first time, now it's all about the money. Did he board you and check everything on the boat as well? Knit picking all the little crap just makes him look like an a$$ anyway.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
** Hi-Jack***

Just a question here....I understand you do wrong, get caught, pay the price. I get the reason for no dock lights, but...For those that run at night do you use any other light at all? Is a handheld 9 bazillion candlepower spot fall into the illegal category? Based on the definitions above it sounds like it would.

On Memorial Day we rented a floater campsite at Oroville. We weren't able to get to the launch until 10pm. I knew the site # and location from the previous season. Googled the GPS coordinates...good to go. Checked in and found out they moved the site...so much for vectoring in on GPS. Guard Shack guy gives me the "not to scale map" of the lake with the approx site circled with a sharpie. Moon...none, just plain but-dark. The spot light in the other boat in the armada craps out. My spot craps out...called McGyver and he couldn't fix it. I know there are obstacles in the water that can't be seen even when we were running less than 5mph. BAM...on go my lights. I have a bar with 3 driving lights forward and one backward. The forward ones are pointed out to illuminate the water in front. Clearly illegal, no question. If I got stopped I probably would have asked if I could just pay in advance to run with the lights until we found the site, otherwise we would be adrift in the middle of the lake.

Just wondering if there are any other legal options besides running dark or sleeping in the car on the launch and wait for sunrise.

End hi-jack
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
what if the docking lights were tinted green and red?
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
882001 you just threw a huge monkey wrench with that question
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
by the way guys i was warning about not using them, i wasn't complaining, try opening ur eyes mabee??? i just hate pigs my bad

Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
good question steve. is there a law again holding any lights?? like flashlights or any thing? and Sparky he didnt board but he checked all the regulars, fire ext. reg, horn, ( by the way was the first time i have been asked to check my horn) hand held throwable, and jackets, he was is a real mood..

Old     (rubin)      Join Date: May 2006       08-05-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
"what if the docking lights were tinted green and red?"

The red and greens must only be seen from certain angles
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-05-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Green and red are for the purpose of knowing what side of the boat you are see. It is the same with aircraft, green is the port side and red the starboard. I don't believe it will work with the tower lights, but I am not Johnny law either.

3rd nomination..
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-05-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
You guys are the reason we have so many screwed up laws in the first place.American nazi's think they can tell everybody how to be safe.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-05-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
Yeah Brock, next thing they will be telling people what side of the road to drive on. Stupid safety laws................
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
Go Big: "by the way guys i was warning about not using them"
Not really, you told us a story.... about how crazy stupid you are.... then you continued by following up with...
"but i can cruse around the lake at 3 am? with no lights? that makes sense. and no i was surfing 30 mins after sunset btw, and its legal, mabee you should read ur rules and regs to ****"
which you were wrong on all of them.
So at this point we can all gather you're a dickhole, a "****", cannot read regulations, and cannot spell.

Long story short, I feel your three tickets are deserved (if you seemed like a cool guy I would have sympathy) and that maybe boating just isn't for you.... stay off the lake, take up TV, way less rules involved.

+4 for Pwned.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2009, 9:35 PM Reply   
Holy god the grammar, please consult a Harbrace Handbook.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2009, 11:56 PM Reply   
I'm not buying this guy is 29. He's talking like he's 19 and trying to impress other 19 year olds.

Go Big... If you actually are 29, you still have alot of growing up to do, or catching up. Either way, keep posting replies, and maybe you can be the next RyanXstar or whatever that guy's name was.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2009, 12:02 AM Reply   
Nick Tomsyck... "Stay off the lake, take up TV, way less rules involved." LMAO!
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-06-2009, 3:52 AM Reply   
State laws on towing skiers are all different. NC law is its illegal to tow a skier "Between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise;". Not that I would, but it's not illegal.

Also, you don't use any lights after sunset other than the navigation lights. Let your eyes adjust and only drive as fast as you are comfortable.

(Message edited by bremsen on August 06, 2009)
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2009, 4:25 AM Reply   
GoBig, in my opinion ... you're "that guy" -- in case you didn't know. Lighting rules are there for a reason and you my friend, have a blatant disregard for the rules of navigation!
I pray for any other boaters that have to come across you.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
I concur with most on here....We were on the lake at midnight at some guy came up behind us with his docking lights on and it was blinding!!!! I didnt think it was a big deal until I saw it first hand and now no more docking lights on when I go at nite.

Also, in regards to the surfing at nite in MO it is not illegal. It is illegal to be pulled by the boat by a rope but as long as you dont use a rope then your fine. I am sure if you were surfing at nite without a rope then the water patrol would find something else to write you a ticket though
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-06-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
I know it doesn't apply to most lakes or watersports. But what about all the ocean going work boats. I know when I was out in the G.O.M. the workboats in my area had large lights on them and the ones on "deadliest catch" have massive HID type setups on their bow.
Is it different for commercial boats?
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Brett564--
I'm turning 19 in a couple days.. I do not talk anything like "go big (mc4life)". Nor does he impress me.. ha

GoBig--
Sounds like ya deserved em. Hopefully in time you will learn the rules of the lake.I was privileged enough to grow up on the lake. So, I know my fair share of the boating laws.. In time you'll learn 'em too, but ya never know, maybe ya should just pick up tv like nick said. haha
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-06-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
You people are hilarious,taking fifty thousand dollar boats with thousands of pounds of water in them(which is illegal)and jumping all over the place with serious risk of torn acl's,busted eardrums,dislocated shoulders and sometime broken bones yet this guy is being unsafe because he used lights at night
What about the hundred cars you pass on the road going home?Can you even see what side is green and what side is red from a three amp marker bulb covered with a colored lense?Hipocritical if you ask me.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-06-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
Brock,
When you pass cars on the road going home, you can see what cars are coming towards you and what cars are going away from you by the color of the lights ...
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
How is that (thousands of pounds of water) illegal?? Maybe in certain lakes.. But you'd see a lot of tickets handed out when DNR pull the loaded down boats over.. What law states that you can not add ballast to your boat? Maybe I just missed it.. As for the risk of wakeboarding, Isn't there risk in walking out your front door? Driving a car? Riding a bike? Snowboarding? The list goes on. It's what we love to do, sure theres risk, but theres nothing like the feeling of stomping a new trick or riding butter for that matter. And ya, it was unsafe, he had the lights pointing out making it difficult to tell which end/side of the boat was which. And cars it's totally different, You have an assigned side of the road to drive on, lakes, you're supposed to go in a counter-clock manner (I think, I always get them confused when off the water lol) but you still get people who ignore that. And as for the question about seeing the side, yes. I was out on a canoe at about midnight and there was a pontoon on the opposite side of the lake (fairly sizeable lake) and I could make it out clear as day.. In fact, he was making his way accross the lake and would have run us over, had I not been able to tell his heading by the green/red lights..

Just my $.02 (again)
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-06-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
um duhh drew you don't read your regulations ever day!!!!!! you are a bad kid! lol j/k marine cops need money there getting shut down in a alot of places next year. Daniel,,, it is so not diff, so lets hear an explanation from all these safety officials..............
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Brock, the thing about loading a boat with water (which, depending on the state, is completely legal.) or serious risk of "torn acl's,busted eardrums,dislocated shoulders and sometime broken bones" is that should something bad happen, it only affects you and/or your crew. Running without proper lights is just plain stupid. I don't want to run into you and endanger my crew AND yours because I couldn't tell if you were coming or going.

Is that hypocritical? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

EDIT: spelling errors.

(Message edited by pwningjr on August 06, 2009)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
"Marine cops" as you call them probably should be more strict. It is crazy how many idiots are out on the water.

They need to pass a law to get a boat driver's license or something similar to a normal driver's license.
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Ya, Indiana marine cops have gotten especially bad.. A local lake, which I used to enjoy, you can't go on the freaking thing without gettin' pulled over for some b.s. charge.. Last summer we had waverunners (gasp) but used em to tow wakeskates and the ole kneeboard. lol My mom got pulled over for "not having a spotter" even tho my sister was sitting behind her looking at my younger brother who was being towed. Needless to say the guy was a d*ck and threatened to give me a ticket (I was riding the other waverunner around, but mainly sitting at a distance watching my brother) for no apparent reason. He also said and I quote "I could put your a$$ in jail right now if I wanted too." even though I hadn't done anything..? I walked away with a written warning and my mom walked away with a ticket which we fought in court (my dad's an attorney and said the case was solid) and lost (he also said, "If we don't win this, nobody can fight a ticket in this court and win") Insane. So now we get crap water at a lake 6 miles away, but at least the DNR guy is nice.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-06-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
56 and counting
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Drew, how old is your sister? I believe a spotter has to be a certain age and that the waverunner/seadoo pulling the person has to be at least a 3 seater. I don't necessarily see why he couldn't just give your mom a warning but at some point they have to give tickets I guess? Gotta keep that revenue coming in. A ticket on the water isn't exactly the end of the world. It's not like it affects your driving record or anything and screws up your insurance.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-06-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Im so going to win this one

pay up lol
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
She is/was 7 at the time.. the WaveRunner is a three seater and is marked (U.S.C.G) as a three seater, not just us packin' three on.. haha And we checked on that, in Indiana --

Requirements for Towing Skiers IC 14-15-3-20; IC 14-15-12-7
--Every boat or PWC towing a person(s) on water skis, an aquaplane, or a similar device must have a person on board, in addition to the operator, observing the towed person(s) at all times.
--If towing a person behind a personal watercraft, the PWC must be at least nine (9) feet in length and be rated for three people—the operator, the observer, and the retrieved skier.
--All persons being towed behind a boat or PWC on water skis or any other device must wear a U.S. Coast Guard–approved PFD. Ski belts are not USCG–approved.
--Persons may be towed behind a boat or PWC during daylight hours only
-------------------------------------------------
also, the WaveRunner is 10 feet in length and says so on Title and Registration
(EDIT)
No Indiana Boating Law about age of spotter, just that the spotter must be able to clearly communicate the skiers wishes/or that he is down, with the exception of towing on the Ohio River, a spotter must be at least 12 years of age.

(Message edited by cdhayes2 on August 06, 2009)
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-06-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
wow i drive with my docking lights on at night every night, so opps my bad to all you nazi's, "marine cops" were suppose to be gone this year in my county, but i don't know what happened to them, i pretty much met all of them in my county,( not a good thing). i mean what else do they have to do beside bother people, thats there job, a friend of mine had a cop removed from our lake for harassing them, they just need to calm down and stop being jealous of boats being worth more than they make in 3 years

(Message edited by michridr69 on August 06, 2009)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-06-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
You can really see much better with them off onec your eyes adjust...
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-06-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
Sucks about the tickets... I don't have docking lights, but I do have LED's everywhere, including all the exterior vents, and underwater, I also have a big flood light for flashing buoys... I guess I'm being pretty irresponsible...
Really if I see lights out in front of me, regardless of the color or the amount, I'm getting out of the way and probably gonna slow down. I don't really see what the big deal is, barges and big fishing boats are lit up like Christmas around here and nobody seems to mind.
Oh yeah, totaly leagal to ride till 1/2 hour past sunset here...

(Message edited by alindquist on August 06, 2009)
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-06-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
ya its legal to ride till an hour after sunset here, I've never been told anything about the underwater LED's, i guess if a cop wants to give u a ticket, he will
Old     (pronuke)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-06-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Actually some states have started to require licenses to operate boats. In WA state it is a 100+ page book and a 100+ question exam for everyone (or will be once they phase in the process) not sure that it has helped but at least they tried.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-06-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
(Don't drive around with ur docking lights!)
YOU THINK! I cannot believe that a registered boat owner would not know that!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-06-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
registered boat owner, lol i didn't know that, but then again i would just keep paying em, i rock mine all the time!!!!!!
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Drew, I didn't mean to slam you with my 19 year old quote, but your starting to sound like Go Big.

Just like Go Big obviously did, you left something important out of your post. Besides doing nothing wrong, what exactly did your written warning warn you against doing? Also what did your mom get the ticket for which she fought and was still convicted?
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Whoa easy. ha I was just kidding about the 19 comment, I'm really not offended, seams most kids my age are stupid anyway. I probably should have thrown something at the end of what I said so you could tell i was joking.. Anyways, the written warning was for "reckless driving" which he claimed "I saw you doing it from the other end of the lake." ...? Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. haha I was sitting about oh, 80 feet out the side on the other, but there were a couple other waverunners (not with us) zipping by us on our sides.. And I believe I already stated that it was for "Not having a spotter" Also! in his police report, haha, he claimed we were pulling a tube behind a boat, not pwc, he also claimed there was one person in the "boat" so my sister didn't exist in his fairy tale.. And apparently I was on the waverunner circling around them while moving and spraying my brother with water when he fell..? Or i was sitting there.. Crazy how similar it seems from the other side of the lake.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
If they wanted you to drive around with them on, they would not be called "docking" lights, they would be called "driving" lights. Elementary,my friends....
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-06-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
drew - everyone on your lake (and every lake) hates seadoo'ers. they are generally the least intelligent and least experienced boaters.

i agree with everyone else, don't drive with your docking lights on...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-06-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
Driving with docking lights would be like driving with your brights on all the time on the road... not that I put that past andy or go big... and lord knows as you're surfing at midnight lights a blazin I'm sure you're blastin soulja boy as load as your boat will play it.

Want to post up a copy/pic of the ticket, I would like to see the time that it was given
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2009, 2:18 AM Reply   
OK Drew, all's good. Lets get back to Go Big! Go Big... WHERE ARE YOU???? We've had too many posts with proper english and spelling.
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-07-2009, 5:34 AM Reply   
haha. Cool.. Ya.. We have.. Where'd he go??

tj--
I'm not sure I quite understand what you're getting at...?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-07-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Who had 75?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
What lake were you on in Colorado when you got the tickets? Sounds like Carter maybe? They seem to be the strictest. Probably wasn't Boyd, the rangers go in at like 6 or 7pm on the weekdays.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-07-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Duh,
They are called docking lights, not ski lights, not surf lights, docking lights, This post gets more hilarious/scary by the minute. Seems like alot of people need to take a boating safety class. Go big could def replace xstar Ryan
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
oh NO he didn't.......

The legendary Ryan still lives

(Message edited by ghostrider 2 on August 08, 2009)
Old     (mastercraftboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-08-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
ok... im 13 and i know that theyre called docking lights for a reason, for anybody that thinks they can just throw on all their lights as soon as it get a little dark is just plain not thinking, if you read the laws rather than use them to blow you r nose with we would not have this problem
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
I know better than to use docking lights. They don't do anything unless there is something in front of you to shine on anyways.

In the great state of Minnesota we can ride an hour past sunset and I use my lights all the time. Mine are only 25 watts each for 4. I only use them surfing so they shine down towards the rear. When the rider goes down we shut them off.

Our local water patrol approved this because he said he could still clearly see our 360 degree light while we are under way. And with the lights shinning down they are not blinding anyone.