Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-29-2005, 2:50 AM Reply   
Have these been posted?

http://www.wake.com.au/

(Message edited by cam on July 29, 2005)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Too cool...loove the swivel racks. It's a good adaptation
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-29-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
That swivel unit looks huge! They could fit a motor and gear assemble and make them powered swivels under those cases
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-29-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Sweet. Looks great. I love how everyone is moving to the swivel racks. They are really quite functional
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
Jason ~ My thought EXACTLY!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
and doesn't that AIR symbol look like Malibu's?

Hummm...I'm not sure I like the way they went with it.If they were gonna wait that long to put a new product out,they should have went more original.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
They finally moved away from a fixed tower foot! woo woo! Long time coming but so glad they seem to ahve twigged.

Racks look sick but i'm unsure about the cross members on the tower
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-29-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
If that really is the new air symbol, then I only have one thing to say:

"Hello and welcome to 2 years ago".

The racks look functional, but are butt-ugly and exactly how much hardware does it take to get that thing to work??

The billet is kind of "whatever", it makes no sense.

What's with the extra tubing on the front of the tower. Looks like the 2000 MC Zeroflex.

I guess I am not seeing the whole picture here and a side shot for the overall of the boat. Everything looks functional, but I am not seeing the continuity, yet.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
I'm feelin' it. Time to start saving...
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
I love the look of the tower feet. But not too sure about the rest of the tower look...

Has the windshield been updated to be more elongated along the sides -- or is that just picture angle?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-29-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Is that the 210? Do you have any photos of the 220 yet?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
wow...finally no more flight clips.

They always have sexy accessories. Good stuff.
Old     (patoloco)      Join Date: May 2002       07-29-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
Flux - my thoughts exactly..

I love nautiques in general. But jeesh....its like they hire some great engineers and design experts for the hull, stringers, etc.....but then put no effort into everything else......

I mean really....a semi-tribal graphic???? There are commercials out there making fun of that fad.

And who is going to be the first to slice off a finger on that random pointy edge on the billet.

I'll guess I'll withhold final judgement until I see more photos.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-29-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
From what I heard those towers are an option...they still have the original FCT...I think.

I too am sad to see the graphics to 'tribal' Oh well, now if I order one I'll go no graphics...which I would have done anyway.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
Slice off a finger lol. Hey at least the finger slicer is contained within an outer boundary and you won't get stabbed or poke out an eye like you could with the MC swivel racks plates...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
Love the racks....maybe enough to get 2.

Not a fan of the tower.

Enough has been said about the graphics....
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-29-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
IMO- The Malibu tribal graphic kind of defined their look for the most part. I know there are other ones out there, but that Nautique graphic is just way too close and buys into the cliche. They should have left that one alone, or gone a much different direction. The orginal AIR logo was simple and played right into the collateral thing, as does the red white and blue board with star. That is/was all good stuff.

IMO the 02's and 03's were the best looking boats they made. The graphics were understated and the logos were clear. They muddles it up in 04 and 05, making it into a big oval thingie.

The FCT was always industrial looking, and bought into the whole understated thing which really is their best asset on how the boats look. The tower plays a huge roll in how wakeboard boats look, you need to be really careful on how things look when mounted to the tower. The pivot racks look like an afterthought, not so on the MC's as they are built in and the tower plays on the pivot point.

They should have incorporated the pivot point of the rack into the billet.

I am rambling and need to see the full on logo and side shots of the boat. I'll stick with my 02', it's perfectly understated.

PS-> I like my flight clips, they work great and I can hang boards by walking from the deck to the tower on the rail no problem and nobody in the boat has to budge.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
I am with you on the flight clips. In fact so much that we have them on our X2... I love the fact that they don't stick out from the tower -- nothing to bend, very small chance to catch rope, simple rugged design. It is IMO easier to step on the gunwale and just drop the board in the clip than reach to outside forks (used to have a Titan tower with fixed racks). While the swiveling thing is cool, it is moving parts that I have no need for in a location that will get wet constantly.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-29-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hmmm,

I have been using my old Monster board racks on my 05 SV211 because I didn't want to pay $800 for the flight clips. Now after seeing their swivel option I am re-considering last year's flight clips. The racks look like overdone and I don't like the boards hanging that low at that angle, there's no way they will fit between the uprights of my dock's canopy. Being that far back I would expect the rope to catch on the boards.

The billet thing on the side of the tower is just plain ugly, it doesn't match anything else. However being around CC's for 30 years I accostomed to seeing things like this as southwest based design elements. Ever notice how the southern chopper designs are similarly quirky when compared to clean California designs?

IMO the old simple air graphic was best, now it's diluted and overdone, maybe the sport graphics will still be clean.

CC's are usually function over form, it looks like they have tried to add form in an already functional design. Unfortunately, I don't completely agree with this "form" and even think it may detract from the function of the boat.

But hey, I have always been way too critical, at least I speak what I see...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-29-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
I think those racks may have been outsourced to Titan? Check out the fork and overall design.

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
If you look at the tower they're hybrids of the old 04 SAN tower with the lower legs having an overall radius and then the old MC tower with the extra tubing on the front legs.
I suspect they're understanding that people are putting up 80-100lbs of speakers and lights up on these towers and need to stiffen them up.
It looks like you'll still be able to put board
racks on the billet piece, judging by the holes on it.

I do like the swivel board racks, I think I'll start saving my money and sell off my Boss board racks.

Chris
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-29-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
I've spotted a couple of things that are different that the 05 version. Don't think either makes a big difference but more so style change. The cup holders are stainless steal like the 226 has been. Also, the windshield is longer on the side of the driver and passinger, like the 226. The Super 210 had a shorter windshield on the side. Longer windshield keep the wind off your arm on cold days. The short one is nice for grabbing the dock, hi 5's for the rider or grabbing a board.

I would love to see a side shot so I can get a better idea how the overall package looks. I'm sure it looks good.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
My favorite part about the short windshield is that is is much easier to talk with a downed rider. This is harder in an X2 and harder still with the VLX.

Minuses IMO are the wind and the look.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
I think the new graphic would look awesome if they would just leave the flaming tribal crap off. I really like the shape of the letters and the air symbol in it.

Can someone photoshop away the tribal crap??
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
I always liked the flight clips, I also liked the unique look they gave and the way you could always identify a SAN with them due to the boards slight tilt.

I think the new items are a poor attempt to follow other competitors, if your gonna swivel might as well spend the time to get around the bungees and make a clamp similar to MC's. Now someone can swivel the rack so the recoil of taking the bungee off is aimed directly at their eyes.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-30-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
Also note the 2 piece windshield and tower base plates.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-30-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
They almost had it they just went too far. I think the logo should look like this. Ok this is the best I can do with Paint but hopefully you will get the idea.
Old     (jose_cuervo)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-30-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
IMO, I too dont care for the tribal grapics. I wish they kept it plain and simple.

The tower looks beefier, legs are re-inforced and the top brace looks solid. I like the idea of a stronger tower - But, I dont care for the tribal stuff brace they added where the board racks use to be.

I also see that they moved the subwoofer beneath the drivers kick panel, thats a Good Move.

As for the swivel racks, I dont think its the cleanest design. I really think CC could have done better and designed their own, something original and not sub contracted.

Im still eager to see what the 220 will look.
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Yuck! I guess thats what you get when your design team doesnt actually ride. The new windshield makes it even harder for the driver to talk to a rider in the water as the boat circles around. I personally would order a boat with the traditional tower and clips over that.
Not sure about the Hull graphic but the transom decal says "Correct Craft world record towboats" the letters are silver carbonfiber, I do like the way they look.

On the subject of the 220 dont hold your breath for anything spectacular.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2005, 7:59 PM Reply   
I think they should of keep the clean classic look. To me looks like they tried to chase a Bu and sanger look. I will not be getting a new 06 this year they let me down.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-31-2005, 12:27 AM Reply   
Jon,

I gave it a try. Cleaned it up a little for a version without the tribal.

From this:

To this:

Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       07-31-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
If anybody cares the boat with the clarion strickers in some of the pics has diesel in it.
Old     (radmaster)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2005, 1:43 AM Reply   
love the new tower and the swivel racks, don't mind the decal either tho i do prefer the one supraman edited. We didnt specify new tower on our boat so i'm not sure if they're gunna be doing the old style aswell as this newer style or if they're just gunna be doing this newer style only.