Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-18-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
Had my boat on the water for the first time this year doing a demo for a potential buyer. Tried filling the ballast tanks and had grief. One worked (after the switch was on for a while) one just spun the motor but no suction.

When I got home I pulled the impeller off the pump and it looked like the pump shaft had spun in the impeller and rounded of the shaft hole.

I seem to recall that there is a replacement impeller for the Jabsco pump and I need to get one (or a pair) now! The existing impeller seems quite large for the size of the housing. Is there an easy fix for this? Is there a replacement impeller (with housing if I must) to fix the problem.

Thanks for your advice.

Bob
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
Bob there is a replacement impeller. I replaced mine on my Centurion and have not had a problem since. I called Centurion one day regarding the problem had the new impeller in 2 days took 5 min. to change it.
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Thanks Lance. My dealer also handles Centurion. I'll call him and see if he can hook me up with the replacement parts.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-19-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
Bob you may also want to get silicone grease and greas up the inside of the pump. (where the impeller goes). I had the same problem that you did. I changed my impellers greased up the inside and haven had a problem to this date. That was over a year ago. I usually grease them up twice a year. It takes only a few minuates and is a lot cheaper than having to buy new impellers ever year
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Good advice Rod. I'll do it when the new impellers arrive.

I did find a source for replacement impellers for model 18220-1121 (PN 6303-0001). Jabsco Service in Seattle has them in stock and will ship overnight UPS today. $15.41 each so I ordered 2 and will replace them both.

Way better than having to get the whole new pump.

Thanks for your help.
Bob
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
I also saw on another thread that with the reversible pump to run it on "fill" for a few seconds after you empty the ballast tanks. This helps to flip the blades while they are wet and makes them easier to spin the next time you fill the tanks.

So many tricks to learn.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-19-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1505&catalogId=10001&c lassNum=233&subdeptNum=232&storeNum=11