Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    byerly137pro            07-21-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
I'm going to wakeboard school where they have a brand new Super Air Nautique 210 Team Addition, which I hope is going to wicked fun, since all I've ever ridden behind is a Jet-ski (sucks major a$$). I was wondering if anyone has any comments or advice for me and what should expect. I already know how to jump pretty high and can go W2W.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
Which school are you going too?? It depends on just how they weight it. If its loaded to the gills, the wake will be really, really steep, personally I don't like it at all. A lot of people love it, its just something that you learn to get used too. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
You're gonna get booted out of control the first few times but you'll probably learn to love it pretty fast. Most people love it but there are a few that don't.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
expect a wake that's huge, solid, steep....which happens to be my favorite!
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-21-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
No wake compares to it! My favorite by far and I am lucky enough to have a SAN.
Old    gobiggrom54            07-21-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
Has anyone here ridden behind an x2 and a SAN? If anyone has, im curious to know the differnece in the wake.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
SAN: Steep and solid with a short transition (Distance between outside of trough to tip of wake)

X2: Not quite as steep with a kick at the top. Longer transition than the SAN.

The X2 is probably the most user friendly wake I've ridden. It took me no time at all to get used to it and I love it.

The SAN, once you get used to it is probably my favorite. It bucks you straight up with very little effort.

The SAN takes less weight for the wake to get to an optimal size (for me).
Old    norcal_99            07-22-2004, 1:18 AM Reply   

Personally, I like the X2 wake better because it's easier on my knees.

The SAN wake is awesome, no doubt about it, but the short transition kills me.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2004, 6:16 AM Reply   
Rene you are right, that happens to be my only complaint about the wake.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-22-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
I'm glad that the wake of a SAN (or SuperSport in our case) is not as steep as our "old" 2001.. Those wakes were killing me. But I rode a MC205 last week and the wake was indeed mellower, but solid and just as big...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
I got to ride behind Wes's SANTE last night on miles of glass . It was the biggest, sickest wake I have ever ridden. I had to tone it down because the SAN wake just makes everything so easy. I own a Wakesetter, but the SAN wake is def my favorite. I love the kick it delivers.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
I here bought a brand new 04 x-2 and I personaly love it.before I bought it I demoed alot of boats,when I got behind the x-2 it was over.The wake was incredible and it also helped that interior was the cleanest of any boat and the standard wakeboard racks STYLISH!!!

never rode behind a sanger but I looked at some 2 years ago......NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-22-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
Ed - I believe they are talking about Super Air Nautique (S.A.N.), not Sangers.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
and this whole time every time I seen SAN I thought they were talking about sangers.thanks for clearing that up for me.make alot more sence now
Old    byerly137pro            07-22-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for the comments
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
Nautique was also at the boat show when I bought my x-2 and can't say I was IMPRESSED especially when it was just as much or maybe even alittle bit more than the x-2.We are on WAKE world but for 52 grand the interior needs to be NICE TOO.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-22-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
I own an X2, and up until yesterday, had never ridden behind a SAN. I rode behind a 2003 with one 600lb sac in the middle of the floor, stock ballast, and 5 guys. I was very unimpressed. My two other "SAN Virgin" friends felt the same way. Even at slow speeds like 22-22.5 mph, the wake was not very large. It could definitely be a big nice wake with A LOT more weight. It was very clean at all speeds, just not big enough AT ALL.

For somebody that doesn't ride in heavily weighted boats all the time, this boat would be a dream come true. I know at the beginning of this season I would have thought the SAN wake was the craziest wall of water I've ever seen. A lot of things change though in 5 months!

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
Iwould definetly like to try a SANTE with alot of weight in it.anybody out there with a SANTE lets exchange pulls. I got alot of weight in the boat.
Old    color_pros            07-22-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
Joe....You are one of the only people I have ever heard say that.Put 2500 lbs in it and see what shes got then.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-22-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
The exact opposite of Joe's opinion.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
wow...i've never heard ANYONE, whether they like the san or not, say anything remotely close to what joe_788 said.

figures a mastercraft owner said it. hahahahahahaha! just kidding!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Ditto.

It takes significantly more weight to get the same pop in an X2.

Either way, when loaded properly, both wakes are amazing.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
What's the year Nautiques stared making boats that create huge wakes.got behind a 1991 nautique direct drive with close to 3000 lbs of weight and I wasn't sure???
Old    byerly137pro            07-22-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
why does everyone keep talking about the Sante i asked about the SAN=Super Air Nautique 210
Old    tutman            07-22-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
SANTE=Super Air Nautique Team Edition
Old    byerly137pro            07-22-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
ahhhhh i see i feel like a dumbass
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-23-2004, 6:07 AM Reply   
I've been behind a lot of different boats and there's always someone that does not know how to weight their boat. I've been behind many SANTE and know the wake is awesome. I did ride behind one that sucked and that was probably due to the owner not knowing how to weight it. I have an 02 X-Star and soon an 05 X2 and I have mine dialed. Anytime someone new takes a set behind my boat they compliment the wake. Take a set behind a boat from someone you respect and then hold judgment.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
I think this SAN needed A LOT more weight in the rear. The wake was not very large at all, and only had a little bit of vert down at the bottom.

Then again, here's what I'm used to riding:

big x2 wake

Easily double the size of the SAN we rode on.

Old    norcal_99            07-23-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
Joe788, That wake doesn't look that big at all.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
Dear Joe, can you do a crowmobe? hmmmmm looks like you ride a continuous rocker board. I have a friend who has an x-star and I have a SAN. The SAN has one of the most comfortable and ergonomically set up interiors as you will find. The pimp shizzz they have had on their boats for years is just beginning to take hold by others in the industy. in general comparison, when riding a continuous rocker board a more mellow, mastercraft wake is better. if you have a steep wake with more steep transition the difference is night and day when riding a three stage board. you can't go wake to wake feeling like you just hit a double up with a mellow mastercraft wake. I just ssem to float with ease. 3stage with SAN wake is a fine example of products that compliment each other perfectly but then again it is all about what you like. I grew up riding continuous behind a disastercraft and have evolved into what I like now. who knows what the future will bring, my style may progress and I may go back. But not soon with a SAN in my backyard.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
I think that looks like a very healthy wake. But still not as steep as a SAN wake.

"Easily double the size of the SAN we rode on."
-let's not get carried away now. Comments like that could damage your credibility.

Old    norcal_99            07-23-2004, 8:15 AM Reply   
Ringo, What does doing a crowmobe have to do with anything?

Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
his level of riding and ability to come off a wake in more than just one way. hitting a wake in a different way will give u a different rotation, pop, and feel. It was simply a question of his understanding of different riding and not in any way supposed to demote his comments or place him below anyone as you seem to be implying?
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   

"Easily double the size of the SAN we rode on."
If you double the size of pwc wake you get the sized wake coming off his x-2
Old    norcal_99            07-23-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
I'm not implying anything. I'm just curious why you asked.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
A few things I do like better about mastercraft is the driveability of a weighted boat and the zeroflex flyer seems to be higher off the water than a flight control tower
Old    zboomer            07-23-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
It was 100% inevitable, this would turn into the 9-millionth "my wake is better than your wake" thread.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
mine is better! lol jk

but it is
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
your list of tricks has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to compare wakes.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
First, that's not me riding in the picture. I ride a Hyperlite Era 140, it's a mild 3 stage board. And no, I can not do a crow mobe. I do have four other inverts, but that is irrelevant.

We were at a wakeboard school in the morning riding behind the Super Air, and one of the instructors rode in between lessons. Turns out he lives near me, so we invited him to ride with us later that day. He went bigger behind the "Disastercraft."

Like I said above, I'm sure the SAN can make a huge, spectacular wake. It's just going to take a lot more than a 600lb sac in the middle of the floor to do it.

Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-23-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
Like I said above, I'm sure the SAN can make a huge, spectacular wake. It's just going to take a lot more than a 600lb sac in the middle of the floor to do it.

Exactly.

Jeff – How much weight do we usually run in the SANTE’s we use in the tournaments?
Old    wakelvr            07-23-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
What John Jared said!!

The key to a great wake is proper weight displacement. I have been behind many boats. Nothing bugs more than a boat not weighted properly.

The X2 and VLX are my favorite wakes. It's all personal preference though....

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
Just my opinion and don't #&$# me for it.
I think a X2 needs more weight to make the same wake then a SAN. I'm biased but our 97 SuperSport with 1200lbs has the same wake (height) as my friends 2004 X2 with 2000lbs.
The wake of the X2 is mellower and more friendly. But that is everybody's own preference. With the LF Balance I like the X2 wake more, with the Parks I like our SAN wake more... Each of his own..
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
My trick arsenal has everything to do with being able to compare wakes. If you are scared to go big then it is obvious that a mastercraft is better for you. Unless it is a new X-star I don't want to hear anything about a mastercraft wake being better than ANY super air.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
"I don't want to hear anything about a mastercraft wake being better than ANY super air."

HAHA!! That is funny!

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-23-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Ringo, get off your high horse. You seem to know what you're talking about, but quit talking smack.
I was doing inverts, sliding canoes and hitting home made kickers when you were still wetting your bed.

P.S. Congratulations on your abilities.
Old    byerly137pro            07-23-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
WOW! I never knew when I started this thread about what to expect for when I ride behind a SAN on August 9th that it was going to cause so much contreversey over which wake is better. I say even though I've never ridden behind either boats, everyone has their own riding style and their own preference. If you like SANs or you like Mastercrafts or whatever else just enjoy the sport because we are fortunate to have such an awesome sport.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
peronal opinion: as a mastercraft owner ofcourse I'm gonna stand up for x-2.never rode behind a SAN but like my buddy said they are just "hatin"
everybody is tired of hearing mastercraft this Park Bonifay that and the only reason ringo said unless its the new x-star he don't wanna hear it is because he can justify because of the price of the new x-star.
ringo if you like to promote your SAN dont talk smack about other boats!!!and yes my wake is bigger and better than yours. just kiddin.
Old    1kanaka            07-23-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
Funny how threads about wake turns into "I can pee farther than you into the wind" contest...

MIO...wake size is good but proper technique is better. You can have the best size/shape wake there is, but if your technique sucks you'll suck. I've seen guys throwing the same tricks they do behind a SAN as they do behind a hardly weighted AIR 216. And yes they CAN do a crow mobe...

(Message edited by 1kanaka on July 23, 2004)
Old    color_pros            07-23-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
Joe 788 like you said
"Like I said above, I'm sure the SAN can make a huge, spectacular wake. It's just going to take a lot more than a 600lb sac in the middle of the floor to do it. "

Thats all it was.Try to treat yourself to one wieghted to hell the right way.I think it might change your mind.Just give it a chance.

(Message edited by color pros on July 23, 2004)
Old    ntron            07-26-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of SAN with 1600 pounds of water in about 5-6 feet of water it is shallow I know but we can always find good water. Just Thought I would add my two pics of the boat and the wake behind it.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-26-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
nice picture. You can't see the wake at all.