Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-23-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
I am so happy to see our sport growing and finaly heading in the right direction. Back in the mid 90's it was rider against rider and (trickskier) against (skater). Now its just all molding together. Before it was just small little clicks that didn't let others in or give them the time of day. Now its simi pro riders riding with first year riders. I almost left wakeboarding due to how it was on the tour back in the mid 90's it was everyone for themselves. I came from a skateboard back ground where we helped each other with tricks. I just want to say thanks to everyone I have meet in the last two years here on wakeworld and have ridden with you all have given me a new out look on riding and have stoked me to start learning new tricks again and progressing again.
Old    dahui            10-23-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
That post will bring tears to a glass eye - group hug...
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-23-2005, 9:09 PM Reply   
Squid, and likewise I want to thank you and everyone else I've met. Riding has become truly fun again and I'm not beating myself up so hard. I enjoyed sitting around talking with you about the history of the sport as we both know it and the directions it has come over the years. I know I'm not the only one who was trying to keep their jaw shut watching you when you're on your game and ripping.

I'm hoping this year I can help with the scene in Alberta. I was elected as Wakeboarding Director for Waterski Alberta. I'm trying to bring some of the stoke and feel from California to our scene. I can't lie, I won't be doing quite as much as this position could have me because the Director of Training Shawn Gratzfeld will be helping me out immensly. We're planning on tackeling the challenge as a team and bringing in some fresh ideas.

I know it doesn't quite work but in saying, I really need a few boats to have enough room for all of you, you just won't fit in 1 anymore, too many of you have welcomed me and I in turn will always have room for you.
Old     (jenw2w)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-24-2005, 5:49 AM Reply   
Jeffrey-where in Alberta are you?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-24-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
Jenny

I'm in Edmonton.