Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (quackerstacker)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-14-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
Ok, I've been searching for a good wakesurfing boat and have found a few of interest. I've found a 2006 Tige 24ve with 485 hrs for $40,000 and may go look at a 2008 Centurion Enzo 230 with 231 hrs for 49,900 both from dealers with small warranties. I also am looking into possibly just breaking down and getting a new 2013 Axis A22 or maybe a Moomba Mojo 2.5 but I don't know about the surf wake on the Axis or Mojo. Which boat should I lean toward getting since both me and my gf surf goofy side?
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-14-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
I was in the same boat (pun intended), my choices came down to the 24Ve and a 230 enzo, I went with the enzo as my last boat was also a centurion and we really enjoyed it.

We are all regular footed so it made sence, If we were all goofy I would have went with the Tige, the only downside with Tige's of that era is you will have to build a ballast system for it.

We had a Mojo out with us last summer for two weeks, we tried a bunch of different things with an awfull lot of bags and we could never really get it dialed in. Thats the problem with new hulls as it takes a long time to figure out the right perscription, I am sure someone with figure it out. I was kind of disapointed because I was really excited about that boat and its features, I was convinced it was my next boat.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-14-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
The Tige and the Centurion both have awesome waves.The Tige will have the better Goofy wave. When weighted properly you can surf 15 to 18 feet behind the deck on the Tige.The price on the Tige sounds a little high.We have friends who just bought a 2006 24ve loaded Tower with speakers Clarion stereo kicker amps and in boats. Speed set and only 102 hours for 35k. I would think 36- 38k would be more in line with the hours shown.Does it have the Marine Power 340hp?
Old     (quackerstacker)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-14-2013, 8:00 PM Reply   
Yes, it has the 340hp motor and I too think its a little high I would offer much less for it. What is the difference between the 2006 and 2007 24ve? I notice that everyone likes the 2007 over the 2006.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2013, 8:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap View Post
We had a Mojo out with us last summer for two weeks, we tried a bunch of different things with an awfull lot of bags and we could never really get it dialed in. .
Plug & play 1,100's in the rear, for regular rider, it's simple to T off the port fill/drain line (Mojos use reversible pumps) and add a 370 under port side seats, throw a Y in at the center tank vent into an IBS and factory vent line into the IBS vent. No drilling into your boat, no adding pumps, control it all from drivers seat, it's maybe a 3 beer job and the result is a great wave.

The Enzo would be my choice over the Tige, if it came down to those 2.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-15-2013, 3:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerstacker View Post
Yes, it has the 340hp motor and I too think its a little high I would offer much less for it. What is the difference between the 2006 and 2007 24ve? I notice that everyone likes the 2007 over the 2006.
The 2007 had a more reliable Speed set. Other than that i don't know of any others.My old 2007 22VE now has over 600 trouble free hours on the Marine Power 340 H.P. The new owner is in the same Campground as us at the Lake. The Tige is awesome on the Goofy wake.That's my side,but i can ride port side too.
Old    Axis22            07-15-2013, 5:03 AM Reply   
If I was in your boat I would order a 2014 axis with the surf gate system
Old     (bigkdog100)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-15-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
Supreme V226!! booya!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
I think you should test drive them all and decide which is best for you! I personally prefer the Tige's but you might prefer something else. Definitely bump up 1 year on the Tige, 2007 is a much better cruise control.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2013, 3:37 AM Reply   
Totally agree on the 2007 for the speedset. The 2007 24Ve will have the same great wave on both sides, and the enzo will also have a great wave, but not as good on goofy.

Only issue the with the 24Ve is that Tige went to smaller rear lockers and space under side seats for this model after the 24V. It is some work to get all the weight you need in that rear corner to really appreciate the 24Ve. Without that rear weight, it will have a great shape, but lack push. We opted for busting out the back walls, moving batteries and making big sacks that went all the way back, then it was incredible. Some have removed the floor and then removed the foam and put in a later model hard tank in the boat that adds 250 lbs.

The 24Ve is an excellent platform for a great wake on both sides if you take the speedset and ballast into consideration. The regular wake on the 230 is also one of the best ever.
Old     (quackerstacker)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-16-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Totally agree on the 2007 for the speedset. The 2007 24Ve will have the same great wave on both sides, and the enzo will also have a great wave, but not as good on goofy.

Only issue the with the 24Ve is that Tige went to smaller rear lockers and space under side seats for this model after the 24V. It is some work to get all the weight you need in that rear corner to really appreciate the 24Ve. Without that rear weight, it will have a great shape, but lack push. We opted for busting out the back walls, moving batteries and making big sacks that went all the way back, then it was incredible. Some have removed the floor and then removed the foam and put in a later model hard tank in the boat that adds 250 lbs.

The 24Ve is an excellent platform for a great wake on both sides if you take the speedset and ballast into consideration. The regular wake on the 230 is also one of the best ever.
Where did you get your sacks made at and do you have any pics you could possibly share with me to give me an idea of what I would need to do to a 24ve or perhaps even look toward getting a 22v? What about the RZ2... I know it takes less weight to dial in (or so I've heard) and does it throw a good goofy wake?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
I love my 2007 RZ2! Throws the same wave both goofy and regular. Has an ok pocket length and decent push. The '07s had an awkward swim platform that I upgraded to the '08 version. Easy to ballast, just get a big custom sac and fill it up! Ragboy had an RZ2 as well and put in some R&D time on it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-16-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have a 2011 RZ2 with the custom ballast bags in the rear.I am a Goofy side rider.With the custom bag full and both front bags full[ pro - ballast option] off side rear at 50% full. I get lots of push 12-15 ft behind the deck and the wave is waist high[ I'm 5'6"]. Regular wave is also waist high but i can get 15-18 foot back on that side. The RZ2 and 22VE or 22V are all excellent surf hulls.