Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    sonicr1            07-27-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
Has anyone had problems with the wind shields spitting apart... it's to the point that my center window doesn't touch the driver's side anymore. Is there an easy fix for this, or is it back to the dealership?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-28-2003, 6:49 AM Reply   
mine is not as bad as yours, but it has split a little bit. the distance at the bottom is still normal but at the top, it barely touches. i buddy that has an x10 had it as bad as yours. he took it to the dealership and i think they remounted the entire windshield. dont know if that fixed it or not.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       07-28-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
I have the same problem with my Nautique. I would be interested to hear any solutions. The dealer recommended checking all the screws to make sure they are tight and to adjust the support struts. It doesn't feel like mine is loose anywhere so I doubt the screws are backed out. I adjusted the struts as much as I could but it didn't help much.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-28-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
William,
Don't know what year your boat is, but there is dealer service advisory about this problem with some '02s and early '03s. Check with your dealer as it is an easy fix.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-28-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
zedz - you know what the fix is? i am curious because i was told by my dealer that it is normal. didnt make sense to me.
Old    sonicr1            07-28-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
It is an 02... good to hear that there is an advisory. I just hate taking it to the dealer, they always have it forever!!!!
Old    wakelvr            07-28-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
My brand new 03 x2 windshield needs to be remounted as well. The center window doesn't shut snug like it should. When it is shut, the top of the entire windshield sinks in the middle (not as bad as this sounds, but not perfectly straight like it should be). My dealer has no problems remounting it. They said they would have it for less than a week. I inspected about 30 MC's recently at my dealers warehouse and none of them did this. I guess we were lucky?? (joking).

Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
Service Advisory # 2003.APR17.SA-004
"Driver Consol Flexing and Windsheild Misalignment"

What the bulletin boils down to is removing a block that the kick panel was secured to and attaching it directly to the floor liner. This bulletin was aimed at 205V in the 2002 model year but we have seen the problem on some other models. Hope this helps.
Old    sonicr1            07-29-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
Mine was fine at first, perfectly alligned, but as we have used the boat, it got worse and worse.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
Sounds like what we have seen before. Use the bulletin number when you talk to your dealer. Should be no problem fixing it. Sorry to hear about the trouble, but it seems to happen mostly to 02s.