Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-15-2009, 12:45 AM Reply   
My first time might of found the pocket for a few seconds. I have no help in the boat and looking at the 1st pic the wake looks good but in the 2nd pic I don't like how my board is cutting the wake to nothing. Is this a problem? The 3rd this might be the few seconds I found the pocket. Any help would be great. Thank you.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-15-2009, 4:02 AM Reply   
knees over toes , seems you have a wakeboard stance, turn your front shoulder into the wake and board on toe edge
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-15-2009, 5:36 AM Reply   
^^^^ X2. Try to get the weight off your heels and on to the balls of your feet. Cant tell from the pics, but it also helps to have your toes more toward the edge of the board.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
1. Get your weight over your toes or on your toe side edge. To do this lean over forward and touch the top of the wave with your right hand while holding the rope in your left hand. Get off your heel edge.
2. Keep most your weight on your front foot (left foot). You are way too rear foot heavy in these pictures.
3. Keep the board pointed at the back corner of the boat and not outside the back corner.
4. Be careful letting the rope handle dangle at your feet or behind you. You could fall onto it or even worse into the handle and get seriously hurt. Make a safety investment and get a real surf rope.

5. Try these suggestions, take more pics, and report back. Good luck..... you'll get it!

What board are you riding?
Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-15-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Cool thanks for the help I will use. Bigcatpt I can't remember the brand of the board but it is a beginner that is 6 feet. To tell you the truth I was surprised I got up on my first day. The stores are all out of surf ropes and better life vests.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-15-2009, 4:30 PM Reply   
I tell my beginners to drag their back hand in the wave. Puts them right into the sweet spot and gets them used to being pushed by the wave. It also keeps you from sitting on your heels too much.

Front foot=gas
Back foot=brakes

When slack, drop rope, don't throw as you'll tend to stand up and lean back. Have someone ready to pull the rope in.