Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-07-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
So, today I had planned on meeting someone at 7 just outside the lake. I waited for a half hour, and the person never showed.

When/ if you get stood up, what actions do/ would you take?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-07-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Dont invite them out again, until they can show some accountability.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
seriously, who does that and doesn't call? maybe they're in jail?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
damn rob! sorry to hear that.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Wait to find out there excuse/reason and thenm decide if it was justifiable if not chew there ass
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-08-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
I read your other post and think you did the right thing by bringing this situation to light. It didn't sound like he really had any excuse at all for not showing/calling/emailing/posting. The fact that other people know who this person is will influence there decision to have him as a third in the future. If I'm ever a no-show it's because I died in a car wreck on the way to the lake!
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
Hey Rob, you remember this post?

By Kristin DeLong (escapade4k) on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 5:10 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hi Marc, I'm the third
Thanks Robb! I can't wait!
Attila- work less, board more...you'll be happier
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-09-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
looks to me like robb's the 1st, you're the 2nd and kristin's the 3rd.
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
Sorry but this is the way I read it.

Yo Robb, Sat? I'm down, yer boat or mine?

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 2:27 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
we can take mine.

By marc (7890303) on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 3:03 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
ok, we need a third, Sat 7-10 rain or shine! I even have a spring suit, if needed.

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 3:28 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
we have a third, but four will be fine.

By marc (7890303) on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 3:53 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
you, me, & who, & who

By Kristin DeLong (escapade4k) on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 5:10 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hi Marc, I'm the third
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-09-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
What I meant by that was, yes, we have three.
1) me
2) Marc
3) Kristin
4) Anyone else that may want to come. Leo, Tom, Doug, ......???? (In case someone reading the post thought the boat was full)

... Since you replied "rain or shine," and then Kristin introduced herself as the third, I didn't feel the need to reply again to the post.

.......... There have been posts about what wake is better? What boat is best? Well, this being the wakeboarding section, I thought I'd throw an actual answerable question out there.

Robb

(Message edited by boarder_x on October 09, 2006)
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-10-2006, 12:30 AM Reply   
I agree with Joe.

Marc it is good to see that you will make up for f***ing up and filling up the tank of Rob. I think that this should be a new rule for no shows. If you don't show to ride -without a phone call or e-mail on time, you fill up the gas tank!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-10-2006, 12:44 AM Reply   

quote:

By marc (7890303) on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 8:21 pm:

Hey Rob, you remember this post?

Hi Marc, I'm the third

posting that over and over again isn't going to take away from the fact that you flaked. plain and simple. everyone knows it.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2006, 12:55 AM Reply   
is it time for another "Don't be this guy thread". At least you still got to ride! I would have been just about ready to blow things up had another pull not been found. But paying for the whole tank! Honorable but man....You still rode. I could see maybe half a tank and lunch. Or a 12 pack of choice. Hopefully you guy's work it out, Never know when one of you will need a 3rd again in a pinch.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2006, 12:59 AM Reply   
Oh yeah the excuse wasn't all that good either. And Marc the more you post that the worse it makes you look. Damn I guess there goes my chance for a pull on either of those boats.....LOL......Johnson, Tanner I need a pull help a brotha out!
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       10-10-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
I'm being quoted all over Wakeworld today...does this make me famous? Can I get royalty payments? The Attila fan club just isn't pulling in as much as expected...
Since I flew up to Sac to wakeboard, I'm just very grateful that another opportunity presented itself.
But hey, that's why we are all here isn't it?
To wakeboard.
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Funny how things that are said on this site are things most people wouldnt have the balls or boobs to say face to face. I posted a full tank for the flake, take it or leave it. I'm posting all over trying to reach Rob & no reply. oh well, sorry again Rob. all you others should seek therapy. they still rode. hey hillbilly, you can ride w/ us...I own my boat. To forgive is devine, all others F... off
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2006, 11:07 PM Reply   
Well.. how about this... I usually rent a boat every week for 4 times a week when I ride the most, it's kind of a club boat. Well, since Wednesday I had called and confirmed my spot at 11 a.m. till 1 p.m. for Saturday, I invited 2 friends to come over with me. I pick them up at 10 am since it is a 40 min drive, the sun was shining, we get to the place, the day couldnt have been brighter, the water was GLASS and I see the boat parked beside the ramp.

On Thursday afternoon the boat broke down and the secretary of the club who is in charge of taking reservations for the boat, who I had talked to on Thursday morning because she was cancelling my Thursday afternoon ride (before the boat broke down) didnt bother calling me. So there I was, with 2 friends in my car, absolutely PERFECT conditions and no boat! and I really mean no boat, cause that is the only boat there, and I have no other place to ride right now. I was fuming. Im still mad.

This has no relation to what happened to marc and robb specifically, but i didnt get to ride and Im still angry about that... ohh... that water was almost like a dream that day!!!

(Message edited by criswb on October 10, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-11-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
"who does that and doesn't call? maybe they're in jail?"

I had that happen! The "inmate" will go unnamed though.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-11-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Marc -

I appreciate your apology. This thread was only to get info, not to create a Cow-Town brawl.

I was ready to move on, and drop the subject, but you posted Kristin's comments on every Folsom post. That was a little much. You said it was because you were making sure I found it. Well, I was at work, and then had things to do. When I checked back (I don't live on this site), there they all were.

No, I do not want your CC#, (I'm not pouting) and no, I do not want you to fill the tank (it's already full anyway).

I would like to just move on.

Robb
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
"who does that and doesn't call? maybe they're in jail?"

J-rod, man that was not a good day.

(Message edited by twakess on October 11, 2006)
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I knew you were gonna wear that at some point on this thread Squid. HAHAHA
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-11-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
hahaha when I opened this thread I was thinking it was Squid hahaha. Man that was a funny story. J-rod mad and Squid even madder in Jail hahahah sorry bro I still laugh at it.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
haha, ya I can laugh about it now but at the time it sucked.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
That was pretty funny.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
One call do ya call your gal and tell her your be out in the next. Or call J-rod and tell him your in jail. Get your arss kicked call. Oh good times.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Squid, I can't believe you threw yourself under the bus like that. But I knew it was you as soon as I saw who the post was from.Good Times...
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-14-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
Rob, what goes around comes around. I set out to ride w/ 2 new riders for saturday, my boat granitos at 7:30, I was on my way & received a call on my cell at 8am saying, blah blah blah, I cant make it....all I could do was smile & think of you. again, sorry for the flake. no sh*t, gas on me next time. run it dry & call me, lets ride. 916-521-1495. heres a pic of this morning, nothing but fishermenUpload
Upload