Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    atom_ant            08-10-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
I guesss it's Jacksonville, but anyway Just seeing who is going to be there this Saturday
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
i'll be there. look for the older style dark green super air. it'll have a red substance, parks, and the gate in the racks.
Old    atom_ant            08-10-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
right on, I'll be in a black and blue ski nautique with a pylon. we will be tripping over our boards and sacs. What is the best ramp to lauch at?
Old    lucky            08-11-2004, 4:44 AM Reply   
Launch at Trout Creek, I checked it out last Sunday. Drive down 13 (San Jose) You will cross over Trout Creek and then turn left into a little park. There is a nice double launch right there and it is a short ride to Six Mile. There is a map right by the launch. I don't think I'll be going but it sounds fun.
Old    lucky            08-11-2004, 4:48 AM Reply   
Those direction were if you were coming from Jacksonville, either way if you are in the right area it is easy to find. Do not go to the launch on six mile creek it is too shallow for an inboard. It is really sketchy, it is in a old run down RV resort broken bottle and rocks at the launch. The ramps on Trout Creek are as nice as the ramps on Black Creek.
Old    skiantique            08-11-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
I might be there. Look for the oldest Nautique u can find and that will be me. Oh and you guys know we have 2 hurricanes expected to hit this weekend.
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
Greg-I'm planning on going as well. Hopefully we can finally get a chance to meet. Will you be in the new Super Air? Does anyone know what time it starts?
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
Sorry-I just re-read the post and it looks like you're not going. Oh well, if you want to come with us you're more than welcome.
Old    skiantique            08-11-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
Salesman named grahm at aqua east told me 8 a.m.
Old    lucky            08-11-2004, 8:34 AM Reply   
Jade, I was not going to go becuase I didn't have enough people to fill my boat, if you guys want to go I would be happy to bring my SAN.

I called Aqua East and they said it will start at 8:00.
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
I'm definitely interested, but we may want to stand by as it looks like Charlie may be making a visit. I guess we can talk on Friday night and see how the weather is holding up. Do you still have my #?
Old    lucky            08-13-2004, 4:52 AM Reply   
Jade, I still have your #, but its not looking good. I heard they are considering rescheduling. I'll make a call late in the day and see whats going on.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-13-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
I got word a few hours ago that it is off for this weekend. Rescheduled for next weekend.
Old    atom_ant            08-13-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Charlie blows

(Message edited by atom_ant on August 13, 2004)
Old    atom_ant            08-13-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
Greg, good looking out. I was planning on using the one on six mile. You saved my prop!! I may be there next weekend just to watch. I fractured one of my ribs Thurs. at OWC behind the boat just doing a TS backroll.!?
Old    atom_ant            08-13-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
I may still go next Sat. w/out the boat so if anyone has room I can drive like a pro. I dont think that I will be riding though.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-19-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
Lets bring this back up.... Who's gonna be there and what are you riding in. I'll be in the advanced division and possibly the wakeskate division. Same boat and everything as i said above.
Old    lucky            08-23-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
Pretty cool event even though the rain came in so strong. I hope there are more like this. Great location for everyone to gather.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-23-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
I agree it was awesome. I got 1st in wakeskate and 1st in advanced so i was pretty happy. The prizes were pretty sweet this year. Greg, if you saw the float with the palm tree on it, that was me.
Old     (blackcreek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2004, 5:19 AM Reply   
Too bad I was out of town last weekend-Damn Charley!
Old    lucky            08-24-2004, 5:27 AM Reply   
Justin, We were a few boats to your right. White SAN with royal blue "N", black tower, black bimini. Congrats on your performance. We bolted after the storm but we are already excited for Lakapullza at Kingsley.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2004, 6:47 PM Reply   
Yeah, I think you guys passed us while we were at weedman's. What is the deal at kingsley?
Old    lucky            08-25-2004, 5:23 AM Reply   
Sept. 17,18,19 I don't know the details for this year but last year they had a contest, sliders, and DJ's and parties at night.
Old    grizzle            08-25-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Greg,
Don't know why wakeworld keeps taking down the Lakupoloza info.
Old    lucky            08-25-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
I don't get it, there are discussions about events all the time under the normal discussion page. Have you emailed Dave to ask why?
Old    grizzle            08-25-2004, 7:09 AM Reply   
I tried to e-mail Dave, but I think wakeworld e-mails are on my work's black list. There are several e-mail extensions that are flagged and deleted before they come or go. I've updated my profile with my new e-mail address, so you can hit me up for the new info. Basically we have to meet with the campground directors where we held the contest last year about some changes they want for this year before the plans get finalized, but sponsor's are already pumped !
Old    badams            08-25-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Greg, please forward any details Clay provides!

Old    atom_ant            08-25-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Grizzle, what up!
Old    grizzle            08-25-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
Wuz up atom ant ! Are you in Orlando now, or still out at Kingsley ? I'll be in Jax on Sept 8 for a meeting so maybe we could ride that afternoon ??
Old    atom_ant            08-29-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
I'm down in Orlando now. Whenever I get a chance I'll probably head over to EE's place for some riding.