Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
Well, we nutted up and had a Vday ride.. Was cold, but loved every minute of it. Now, as for the board, unbelievable. Exactly like described, a ps3 on Roids.. This dude cooks on edge, and has an awesome pop.. Been four months since I have last ridden, and was taking my tricks huge.. Way bigger than normal. Feels excellent in every aspect. I cant wait to get back out there and give it some more time on the water. If you have a ps3, or anything for that matter, do yourself a favor and demo and it will change your life.

(Message edited by lyle on February 17, 2009)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-17-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Have you ridden the Watson? If so how does it compare?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the review!

I'm excited to demo the S4!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       02-18-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
I rode a Watson 134 last year, S4 134 now. They feel pretty much alike, though the S4 is much lighter, hence much faster and spins faster. First session on the S4, toeside jumps felt a little awkward, but now I have the idea TS jumps are actually better/easier than on the Watson.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
what if i hated the ps3 and thought it popped hard ,was fast,but landed like a ton of bricks..

the watson board ddint pop as well but landings were way softer and board was easier to ride overall..

so how does the new s4 one compare to the old?
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-18-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
bill, you mean the old ps3?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
yea i guess it was the 2007 ps3 i rode and it was terible on the landings,felt like i was jumping off a building when i hit the water..Pop was unpredictable,i hated it..
Old     (richsur)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-18-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Hated the ps3, love the new s4.
I rode the Shane and Lyman last year.
I like the lyman but it has a tendency to get a little out of control speed wise, the s4 pops alot like the shane and the lyman but is more controlled speed wise. Very nice toeside pop, I cant comment on landings as I cant really tell too much difference in any LF board.

The only downfall the S4 has is it is much more locked in than I am used to but I like the other aspects of it enough to overlook that.
Old     (wakeboarder12390)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-18-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Did anyone test the fly yet?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-18-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Watson has more rocker and bigger 'spine' or double to single concave. Thus the PS is faster. I went with the 07 Watson. Dude really it's three years old already? Crap.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-25-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
Flyhigh you are correct ,i just demoed the S4 and my first impression was man the TS pop is so smooth you would thnik you are riding a Continuous Rocker board with the pop of a three stage.Its fast and pops big but is also smooth and predictable.

It night and day from the old ps3 and my only complaint is it doesnt land as soft as my CWB stuff and im old and beat up and that counts.

I am going to demo it again and go out 5 more feet and see how it goes but this board is the best LF board ive ridden out of the Lyman,watson,and old ps3..

Its like a lyman but a bit tighter,the lyman was too loose for me with all the fins on it ,both 08 and 09 ..

this S4 has a potential to be my 2009 ride if it passes a few more tests.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hijack

Bill,

You should try and get a demo on the O'Brien Decade. It is very fast with great pop, and smooth pop. Very predictable, and the landings are super soft.

I hear you about being beat up, so the landings are a big deal for me also. The Decade has a large spine that really helps soften the landings.

End Hijack
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-26-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Bill glad you got a chance to check it out. Loving that board, cant wait to get back on it
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-26-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
I'm going to be demoing both the S4 and Decade.

May the best board win!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
Josh,

Be sure to post up what you think. I would like to hear your opinion.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
jakober

i would demo one but first im not sure exactly if there is a proshop near me that still Has Obrien and two if they will let me deno a n 2009 decade because of late the shops have been making us pay for demos and they wont let us demo the higher end stuff.

It never has been like that before but they are tightening up..

so not much chance ill get on opne of those unless you guys start a pay it forward thread for this board say in a 139 to start and me first! :-)
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Bill,

I won't be hitting the water for a couple of weeks (lakes are still frozen) so maybe I could send you mine, it's a 139? As long as you are willing to get it back to me before the ice melts!

Let me know what you think.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-27-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
J Jakober.. dude your amazing!! Thats some true faith in a board right there
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
yea Jakboer go ahead and send it if you think it can get here and ill have time to ride it and it gets back to you on time for you to riode.what is a legitmate time you may take your first set?

Chris and Obrien have always been stand up ,only issues inavailabitlity and i havent found a Obrien that worked well enough for me to switch,yet ;)

ill pm my address and we can work out the details..

tia br0