Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
I have been looking aT different makers of boats and wondered if all of the gauges in the dash are plastic? I thought they would be glass. I may just be stupid but expected they would be glass like a car.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-23-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Cars have glass gauges?
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-23-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
if your driving a bentley or a rolls....lol
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
Maybe i am wrong about the glass. I demo'd one boat and the gauges were rattling when I drove it and when I touch it the bezel was loose and turned. Just wanted to to know if this common and an easy fix because this is the boat i want. Won't say what brand cuz I don't want any wars on here.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
the back plate on the gauge just needs to be tightened.
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
there was also some kind of glue seeping from the side of dash.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
well what kind of boat is it. it doesn't sound like its put together very well from the factory or the dealer isn't doin a very good job making sure everything is ready to go on it.
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
one of the big 3.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-23-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Boat Wars?...Hmmmm what are those little innocent wakenonup. This is your first post by the way....good job, very subtle.
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
pretty innocent huh?. I have read alot on here but haven't posted and really just want help not trying to start anything.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-23-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
OK, I say 8 to 10 more posts and the brand comes out some how.

Anybody want in on the pool.
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
not from me. Can't we all just be friends! I really just wanted info if this was a big deal or something easy to fix. Just help that is all.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-23-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
I have a good friend who used to work for a large car dealer. One of his specialties was getting rid of rattles and squeaks. His technique was drive around and hit the squeaky area with a large rubber mallet. That solved 90% of the problems.
The glue should be dry and you just gently scrape it off. The dash rattle might be something not tightened or it might be a resonance in a part no supported well enough. Tighten the first. Foam tape for the second.
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
thanks art. makes me feel better.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-23-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
Tell the dealership to fix it... like every one else does. If they can't get another boat tell them to drop the price until you can live with the rattles.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it's kinda hard to believe you're legit. I'm sure you understand because you "read this site a lot". You have a super generic profile, no posts and start out complaining about problems that most people just take up with the dealer first. It's not really a problem unless your dealer won't fix it or says they'll fix and don't.

There...that made me feel better.

It's a Malibu right!
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
Machew,
Sorry you don't think I am legit. For what means would I do this? I will not answer what brand of boat. It seems like that is what you want to be blunt. Thanks to everyone who gave
me help.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-24-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Wow!! Legit?? I guess you need 400 posts before you can mention a loose guage on a big 3 boat! must be a stressful sunday. too funny...

j karen, guages are cheap and shouldn't keep you from buying the boat you want.
Old     (wakenonup)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Thanks nacho. I appeciate you giving me an answer. Kinda sorry I ever started posting. Wow! It's like spies or CIA.
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       09-25-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Wow! New people can't ask questions on this thread cause they might not be legit. Machew I think you may be a bit paranoid. Not to welcoming to a new poster. j karen, those are minor issues just have the dealer fix them nad have fun! Feel free to post any time. I believe we are a free country and don't have to prove we are legit! LOL
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-25-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Let's ask Rusty Malinoski, he was on here a few weeks back!
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-27-2007, 11:32 PM Reply   
Free Country true...but after having so many troll threads thrown out by dealers on this website it makes you speculate. Which, if I'm not mistaken is also a right. Post away, but come out with honesty first. I still can't figure out why the dealer wasn't consulted on this matter first. Even the nautigirls suggested that. Also, the term "boat wars" came into play so early. Just seems questionable for someone who has posted one time in this thread only. I'm not the only one who has seen an explosion of troll threads on this site. Post away, if you're a dealer posting baited threads, it will come out somehow, I just hope someone else catches it so I won't be labeled as "paranoid". Now back to your regular scheduled posting. Welcome.