Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    code6            04-22-2005, 1:20 AM Reply   
any suggestions on size and placing of sacs for a 19foot 2001 open bow crownline? Also, where can you find good prices on them?
Old     (mdiddy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
I had a 20 foot CrownLine for the last 5 years until I got my Supra 21V this year. We tried several ways of weighting the boat. For the best wake you will want to weight the boat the same front to back. If you can put about 400lbs in the front under the seats and 400-500lbs in the rear under the sundeck that works pretty good, Then you can fit a big sack in the ski locker, probably about 600lbs. This is nice because there is no interior space lost for people. With this set up and a few people the wake is surprisingly large and very clean(No wash out). The wake will actually get smaller if you weight the back too much. With this style of boat adding this much weight will require a lower pitch prop though for a decent pull. Let me know if you have any other questions, I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best set up for that boat. Here is a pict of what I had.
Crownline
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
M now honestly is the 21v really that much better then your properly set-up I/O ?
Old     (mdiddy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-26-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
Bob: Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "Better". The boat is 10 years newer, so there are naturally a few upgrades from the crownline. I went from 260hp to 340hp so that does make a huge differance in the pull. Both boats do have their advantages though. The Crownline did handle much better in choppy water, it was faster(top speed), and was much easier to dock & load on the trailer. It was also paid for which was nice. The supra does put out a larger wake with just the factory ballast, I have not added more weight yet since it is still under break-in. The handling when at speed is amazing. I also love the perfect pass and the heater. The supra has a ton of storage compared to an I/O. I still cant say any thing bad though after using the Crownline for 5yrs. We had a lot of fun in that boat. But I do love my new supra and its always fun to get something new. Probably clear as mud, but hope that answers your question.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2005, 5:23 AM Reply   
Well, yes clear as mud but i do understand (ill keep my i/o for now)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-27-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
just trim it down if you wakesurf!