Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (chewy)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-20-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
Ronald Keren tried to sell a black and pink wakeboard boat on this site. He did not own the boat. Ronald Keren is a theif, he scammed me for a lot of money. If any one out there has had a similar experience with Ronald Keren, please contact me at 228-326-7476. Ronald Keren will advertise the boat for about half of what it is worth. Ronald Keren uses fake e-bay and google checkout accounts to steal your money. If you have any information please contact me, Ronald Keren needs to go to jail.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2009, 6:33 AM Reply   
Sorry about your loss... but...
Geez...
A half price boat and no red flags?
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-20-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
Wow man....that really sucks.....but that's a classic scam.... You should have known better!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-20-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
How did he get your money?? U sent money before delivery??
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
Is his name Ronald Keren? Bet that name is real. You might of well of bought the boat from Ronald McDonald or Ronald Regan!

Buyer Beware!!!!!!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-21-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
1st post and this is what you got?

Makes sense.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
No need to bag on chewy now. It's far too late to undo the damage and I imagine he's learned not to do that sort of thing now so further admonishment won't help anything.

Chewy, that being said you're unlikely to ever get your money back. Ronald Keren is likely a fake name and the person you dealt with likely does not live in the US. You still need to talk to law enforcement if you haven't already. Also, if you paid by credit card, you need to talk to your credit card company. Depending on the specifics you may be able to dispute the charge. If you paid by wire transfer, you do need to talk to your bank but they probably can't do anything for you.

It's not hard to fake an e-Bay site or Google checkout site. In the future (and for anyone else reading), ALWAYS type the name of the site in yourself and get to the item/checkout/whatever by searching. Don't just follow the link from an email or chat. Some of those sites are indistinguishable from the real thing. The is the same rule of thumb to follow when someone is calling you from a financial institution. Before discussing anything that may reveal personal information, call a number you know is associated with your bank (like from a statement or the back of your credit card) and ask from there how to get back in touch with the person who initially tried to contact you.

Best of luck to you.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Sam -
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/643400.html?1248316625

Should have done your homework on WW.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Wow....
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
I do feel bad, but what the F*&%!!!!!!!!! A little advice to all out there thinking that there are these deals for 1/2 priced new boats/slightly used boats, and I promise by following this you will never get taken:

BE A LITTLE BIT SMARTER THAN YOUR SHOE!!!!!
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-21-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that but I can't believe there are some people who haven't heard the classic scam lines such as "I'm out of the country", "we'll go through ebay", etc. Before giving up your hard earned money, do some research. There are some great deals to be had in this economy but those should be in person with product and documentation in hand.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
I always wonder why these people run these retarded scams...aparently people fall for it. Sad!
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-22-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
I feel bad for you man. Nice to see that you put out a warning to others.