Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (rascal23)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
I have been a loyal LF board buyer for the last 8 years. I started with the Trip, then Substance, and now the Fish. I love the feel of the Fish, continuous rocker, fast, responsive, and fun. Now I am looking for a full size board once again and I have heard great things about CWB. Can anyone provide any comparison of CWB to LF? I am also debating between the Transcend, Absolute, and Marius. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Comparison of LF vs. CWB? In what regard?

Both make great boards, but in California, the local riders get a ton of support from the CWB reps. The service is great for us. We get the new stuff early, our warranty cases are handled instantly (when they do occur), and they bring cool new shapes and ideas every year. You don;t have to be a pro to get love from CWB. They make a point to support local amateur riders and anyone with love for the sport.
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
i ride an absolute platinum 141 and absolutely love it....

DRew
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
i ride an 05 absolute and it is a great board... im a beginner but am about to break into the intermediate class of wakeboarding. It has been a solid board that has allowed me to learn and push myself at my own tempo.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-01-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Of the three you mentioned I like them all. I'm small and normally ride my Absolute Platinum 135, its perfect. Occasionally I break out my Marius 140 and that thing is fun a crap to ride finless, still has great edge hold and a strange but huge pop. I think the Transcend and Marius pop different and need to be demoed, the Absolute is the consistent work horse, it just plain rips. Oh and CWB has the softest landings ever!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-01-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Absolute 06' Foam is my current board. I love it. Landings are softer than my continuous murray board, it was ridiculous the first time I rode, I couldn't believe it. Can't say much about durability, but I can say the ride is incredible.
Old     (rascal23)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thank you all for your input. Are any of the CWB boards comparable to the LF Fish? Is it best to demo the CWB boards to see which is the best fit? Is the difference between the platinum and non-platinum worth the extra money?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
love my marius....the absolute is very good too.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
I don't think any of them really compare to the Fish, but the one that may come close would be the Marius, IMO. A little wider profile on the ends, etc. Still not like the fish, but definately a different shape (rocker and bottom contour also)and a FUN board. I like it finless.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
I think the plattys are worth the extra money, but your best bet is to demo both and see what ya think.
The Absolute, Marius and Transcends are all great boards. Best of luck to ya
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-01-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
demo a marius,

if you like the board but wand more speed, then do one of the other 2...
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-01-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Greg ~ If you like the Fish get the 134 Marius. I ride the 129 Fish and it's the closest board to it. If you want a board that rides close to the Substance, get the Absolute. The Absolute is better in ever aspect IMO. Faster, Pops harder, and lands softer. Good luck in your search.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
I think the Marius felt the most like the fish. If you rode it finless, it would be even more like the fish.

Just a thought, but you may not want something like the fish once you demo these boards. The platinum Absolute, for example, is totally different than any other board I have rode. You can feel the flex and pop, it's insane!