Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
I'm looking at a 2005 Enzo 23 foot boat. It's the dealers demo. The price quoted is around 46K plus taxes. It's got 35 hours on the engine. It's pretty much got standard equipment. The trailer is galvanized. The boat is still considered new and under warranty. Does this seem like a fair price? I've demo'd the boat already. Everything appears in good working order. Thanks in advance.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
Going to need more info.
what options?
Storm I II or III
Stereo, perfect pass etc
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Not sure about the storm I, II, III. It does have a stereo. No tower speakers. It does have the triple ballast system. It also has perfect pass. It has a teak platform. That's about all I can really remember about it.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-25-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
I bought my '02 as a dealer demo boat in '03. Got a great deal, and registered as the first owner, so the clock didn't start ticking on the warranty until the day I bought it.

I don't know if your deal is good or not, but my question would be why the guy has an '05 demo boat still on the lot. Keep in mind that your boat will be 3 years old in a few months when the '08's start hitting lots (if they haven't already).
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
To get an idea of the value you need to find out all the options then go to http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-24-38-5692-0-0-0&l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5694&gc=MR&gtc=MR&m=1515&y=2005& ml=S

You will need to select the Correct Enzo storm series if you dont the numbers will be off.
Then select ALL the options.

This will give you the average used value for the boat. In my opinion the boat should be Higher thatn the average price since it has never been titled and comes with a full new warranty.

It looked to me like the price was about right it all depends on how you value the fact that it comes with a new warranty and the options
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-25-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
I will admit that I don't know alot about enzo pricing, but that seems lke a lot of money for a two year old demo.

I was buying a new boat a few years ago, and the dealer that I was dealing with was trying to get rid of some enzos, and they were priced around that back then
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
Probably not a bad price if it is well equipped. If you are serious about buying it I think I would find out exactly what options it does have so that you can get an accurate value.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
yeah what he said and the guy before the guy before....oh wait that was me. The value of any boat is all about the details

(Message edited by krbaugh on May 26, 2007)
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-28-2007, 5:16 AM Reply   
Kevin,
When you go to NADA, if you choose the correct storm package, does it not include some, if not all, of those options? Seems to me, if you add the options, it kind of defeats the purpose of adding the proper storm package.
Just wondering how to get an acurate value. Not that we want to sell ours! Just checking.
Matthew, Kevin knows his stuff, he helped when we bought ours
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-28-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
That’s right you don’t want to make the boat more expensive or cheaper than it is so like I said before to know if the boat is worth the price on paper you have to know the options. When you select the correct Storm package everything that is included in the package is already factored into the price, but every other option that is not included in the package needs to be added
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-28-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
That's what I thought. Thanks!
Lauri
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-28-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
in '04 i got a my SANTE brand new for 51k. For 48k now, you can pretty much get into an X-1(original x-star) or a VLX, maybe a couple thousand more.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-28-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
You do need to compare apple to apples The Enzo is 23' Long with a 102" beam