Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (dre7ams)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
I am thinking about buying a boat pretty soon. I have been riding with 2005 X-Star and I had a chance to ride with 07 X-Star a week ago. I think both are pretty much same except engine horse power. But I don't know about X-2. If there is someone who has chance to ride with both, X-Star and X-2, please advice me.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-19-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
XSTAR
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-19-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
i just sold my 04 X-Star, and i now have a 06 X2 which i got in the spring. They are both awesome boats but it depends on what your looking for in a boat.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2006, 3:28 AM Reply   
What if you're looking into the bigger, better, more poping wake?
Old     (munchies)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 3:47 AM Reply   
if you want judge the wake of the mastercraft boats the xstar is on the first place, then the x1 and then i don't know maybe the x2?
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-20-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
I will second what Sam says...if you are looking for the best MC wakeboard wake, then its the X-Star IMO - nothing beats a slammed Star.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-20-2006, 6:09 AM Reply   
But like Paul said, you have to slam the x-star to get that awesome wake. Stock isn't that great. Now the x-1 throws an awesome wake that just keeps getting better with more weight.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-20-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
The only thing on the x-star is that with all the weight, fuel consumption will suck, and it will be a pain filling the sacs, and or moving lead. The x-1 on the other hand throws a great wake, and doesn't need near as much ballast.
Old     (munchies)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
you need to slam every boat to get out a good wake, as bigger the boat is, as more weight you need, but once dialed in the xstar wake is untouchable!
btw: hey paul sick profile shot!
Old     (djhuff)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-20-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
Ride them.
I personally put the X2 in front of the X1.

Don't ride the dealer demo (unless they have the wake dialed with sacs), ride someone who has one in your area. Ask the dealer, they probably know someone who would be willing to give a pull for some gas money. Lots of factors to consider such as how much weight is needed for each boat - hassle, towing that weight around vs sacs, gas consumption, cost of the boat, but a message board is not the way to make that decision. Take the opinions as things to look for, and go get behind them.

BTW, my X2 is for sale (only because I want an 07)
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
I wasn't gonna do it, but Sam's post of "untouchable" forced me to...

You should get a Correct Craft, they are untouchable!

I think a 236 is in your future!
Upload
Upload

Sorry guys, I had to do it!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-20-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I wonder how many guys just won their bet?
I knew it wouldnt be long before Red suc210nuts would hijack. I mean san210nut LOL
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Billy, I missed it by one post. I was guessing he would be in by the 8th post.

Oh well, this is how he always is..
Old    gride300            10-20-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
the best boat anyone can buy for wakeboarding is the newer hull xstar. then i'd go with a x1. the x2 wake blows no matter what weight i think. as far as correct craft, get a 220.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-20-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Have had way better wakes from the X1 than Xstar.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
I told you all, I had to do it!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-20-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Bayliner
Old    gride300            10-20-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
i have an 05 x2 and the wake is money. i'm a fairly good wake sculptor. aside from 210's , the old x2's, and x stars though im out of my element.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-20-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
X1!!!!!!!!!
Old    gride300            10-20-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
only thing i dont like about the x1 is how they my resale value
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-20-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
I VOTE X1.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-20-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
X1 - narrow and steep wake that just gets better with weight. Handles good but rough water ride is lacking. Wakeboards & wakeskates great but very hard to get a good wakesurf wave.

Xstar - wide wake with the perfect ramp and ask any pro which wake they prefer, its the star. Handles like a big boat but cuts through rough water well. Wakeboards the best, decent wakesurf wave and too big for wakeskating.

X2 - wide wake that has a pretty steep lip. Handles the best of all three and rough water ride is similar to the Xstar. Wakeboards good, wakeskates better and wakesurfs the best of all three.

Just depends on your priorities.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-20-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
x star
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-20-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
darren I beg to differ on the X1 not being a good surfing boat. We have had many first time surfers learn to freeride without the handle behind our X1 this summer, and that was only with stock ballast and the crew. Add some extra weight and it gets even better.
Old     (habcaw_creek)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-21-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
We had stock ballast, and 17 ppl in my friends 02 xstar and the surf wake has scary big. Some of us like to hold onto the rope and cut in and kill the wake and do fins out and stuff but once anybody got ontop of the wake they didnt make it down.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-21-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Roddyrod,
I'm not saying you can't surf an X1, but of the three it has the weakest wave. If you surf an X2 you will see what I mean, we were surfing 20ft of the platform this year.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-22-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
the most important question you should be asking yourself is....

why the hell do i wanna surf when i can wakeboard?!?! hahaha we have only surfed with our 05 x2 about 4 times...with the X1 wake u'll never go back to surfing again!!

when are u thinking of buying??? but wat ever you buy im sure that its going to be the most fun ever
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
The x-2 has the cleaner surf wake with a stock setup. If you put 17ppl in anything, you'll have a big wake to surf behind. I like wakeboarding, but I love surfing. I just get too beat up trying new tricks while wakeboarding.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-23-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
darren - just as a side note, i had spoken with a few pros and in '04, they were telling me how they liked the old Xstar better (205 hull) than the picklefork Xstar for normal riding. however, if its double ups, definitely the new xstar.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-23-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
I have ridden both the x-star and the x-2 and IMO it isn't even a question. If you are going to weight it heavy go with the x-star. It is one of the tops wakes I have ridden. It may even be the best. I have a 210 (supersport nautique 2100lbs ballast) for reference. My other favorite is the 05and higher vlx with 2800+ lbs. The x-star I rode had around 2800lbs as well.
I didn't care too much for the x-2, I would definitely ride it any day but I would choose a x-star if I had a choice.
Old     (wakebuddy87)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-23-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Looking for a new boat right now anybody know anything about the X-45? Also the difference between that, the 23 lsv and 247 lsv?
Which do you guys prefer?

Thanks
Chris
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-23-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Amen to Reed. I got hosed as well.
Old    abadsvt            10-23-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
What about the X1 resale value? Do they loose alot of money right away?
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-24-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
Chris,

I rode an x-45 the other day. The wake was ok, but was a little to wide for my taste, it had decent shape and good pop. It only had stock ballast so I am not sure what it would do loaded out.

I rode a 23lsv this summer and the wake was very nice on it.

I would try to demo them both and see what you like. I haven't been behind a 247 yet. I think the 24 foot boats are just a little too big also. I guess it depends on where you ride and what you are doing with it most of the time. For me a 21 is about right.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-24-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
ok i normally dont get involved in these "which is better" threads b/c they usually digress into boat brand opinion, but sticking TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION and assuming Sean has narrowed it down to these two for some reason (dealer support, quality, features, who knows- who cares, its his decision):

I rode almost exclusively behind two boats this year. My 06 X2 and a buddies 05 Xstar. I love both boats and given the choice again of which to buy it would be very tough. I also rode behind plenty others, and have great things to say about all, especially Malibu.

Let me start of by making the bold comment of if you think the wake behind the 06 X2 sucks, you don't know how to ride it. I looks small comparatively, but I guarantee you will get enough pop to get as much air as behind it as you can with the xstar with 2500 lbs. It is a more technical wake. This has been stated many times in this forum. It will force you to have a more perfect form and approach when riding it to get the potential. The Xstar is an easy wake to ride. Additionally, you can weight the xstar down more and make the wake much bigger than an X2 or a malibu or anything else. This is because of the long ramp - it never gets real peaky. This is the main reason the xstar is typically rated #1 when polled amongst riders who are honest (not pumping their sponsor/boat choice/dealer buddy) and who have ridden behind many boats. So if the best (biggest, easiest) wake for wakeboarding is your priority, the choice is likely clear.

However, for most like me that is not the only priority. The X2 is better for wakesurfing. It has better fuel economy. It doesn't swamp the nose as easy. It is easier to store (shorter). It has the same cockpit size. It has a smaller sun deck (bad for boat bun). It has different styling which some like better (me). It has better tower racks in my opinion. It has a different looking dash (again cooler looking imo.) Both seem to handle rough water very well. It is much more manueverable, weighted or not. The wake seems to realize its full potential in shallower water (one of my biggest factors since our river is shallow). The Xstar is probably due for a redesign soon and the X2 is brand new (maybe means better resale on X2?). The X2 throws the rider more for inverts on toeside, like peaky-er wakes such as SANs. Both wakes are extremely wide when compared to SAN and malibu, so you can go bigger and still be wake to wake.

I have heard 06 X2 is "X-Star for kids" or "baby X-star". In size, yes. But the X2 demands a higher riding skill to get potential, so in that sense, not for rookies.

I obviously ended up with the X2 so I made my vote, but after riding behind both for a summer, having to do it again the choice would be very tough. I don't think you can lose with either. Or with a Malibu or SAN or whatever you get. Demo all you can and see for yourself, especially what wake fits your riding style the best.

And yes the X1 wake (which is essentially what I rode behind before) is awesome. But that boat is TINY inside, so I do not consider it in the same class overall, and the original question wasn't asking about it.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-24-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Xstar
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-26-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Have been traveling, so sorry for the late reply here guys-

Sam, thanks for the comments mate!

Darren & Andrew, good explanation - I would say you have both pretty much covered the X-Star vs. X2 question.

Red, I guess Sam's comments around the X-Star wake being "untouchable" are from his personal experience with the different wake boats mentioned on this thread (I also share opinion towards the X-Star wake). However, I also know that tons of normal folks as well as Pro riders who also have the same opinion.

From my side it’s only further enforced when I see these types of acts only being performed behind an X-star...

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=401&ImageID=11

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=401&ImageID=12

Upload

Upload
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Mastercraft pays the tour to use their boats, therefore most of the pros want to practice behind them so they can perform on the tour. The Nautique wake is very unique and is totally different from the X-Star. Many of the Pro's personal boats are Nautiques so don't give me that blah, blah, blah... Nautique will not pay to be part any event or directly advertise in anything that doesn't promote their values. The fact that Nautiques are so popular without all the advertising and without pulling all the "big" events shows you how much of following Nautique has. I too can post pictures with people behind 210's with people up in the air..
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
OBTW, who are those idiots standing in the bow in those pictures? Those pictures IMO hurt wakeboarding, they flat out show how a few idiots ruin the sport for the rest of us. Nice way to promote safety, no wonder we have all these idiots driving and riding like fools in our local lakes, they want to be like the pro's! In one of the new nautiques you don't have stand like and idiot, you sit in the stadium seating facing the rider.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Yeah cuz you sure wouldnt fit in CC's tiny bow. The new CC's remind me of a chic with little teets and a BIG BUTT

(Message edited by woreout on October 26, 2006)
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
umm...I want to say the guy standing in the front is Parks. I could be wrong, I know it was discussed in a previous post somewhere. Either way, I think it was someone who can do whatever they want in a boat. Would you tell Parks to sit down? Neither would I.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-26-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Red, although you are pretty informative on many of the features and info on Nautiques, but this last statement is a little bit, if not a lot, of BullSh_t. Quit with the propaganda, Please....

"Many of the Pro's personal boats are Nautiques" Yeah, the ones sponsored by them get them. The pros sponsored by MC get X-Stars, the Pros sponsored by Malibu get Malibu's, etc right on down the line.

"Nautique will not pay to be part any event or directly advertise in anything that doesn't promote their values" I believe that is a blanket statement true of all advertisers, not just Nautique.

IMO, try keep it real or you stand to loose a lot more credibility than you already have....
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Yes, I would. I would tell him to be a good representative of the professional wakeboarding community and not to act like an idiot. I would tell him that as a professional wakeboarder people look up to him and will do as he does, therefore he has a responsibility to promote safety and all things good about wakeboarding.

I know a professional marksman who specializes in shooting his .45, I would also tell him not to point his gun and to promote safety on the range.

I know a police officer who is the official pursuit driver. I expect him to stop at red lights when not in pursuit...

But the best example I have, is YOU. You think Parks or who ever it is, is above the law, safety and above common sense. You imply that because he is a good wakeboarder that he can do what ever he wants...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Yeah I guess pro riders should be angels, hell might as well include surfers, BMX,Supercross and all extreme athletes should be dressed in knickers and a bow tie as well. GET REAL RED. I'm sure some of your CC riders have been in trouble before. Maybe at their own event in Ga.? You should maybe stop selling wrecked boats to innocent buyers as well. Bad Bad suc210nuts.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
I am implying that he has spent a whole lot of time in a boat. If he (or who ever it is)wants to stand up to watch someone throw a sick batwing, and he thinks its safe to do, he is experienced enough to make that call himself, and doesn't need me or you to tell him what to do. Red, are you just trying to make everyone on this board hate you?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-26-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Yes, and Parks would hopefully tell you to "GO PISS UP A ROPE"

Trying to compare pointing a .45 at someone and a police officer not in pursuit to someone standing up in a boat is a fallacy at best....

Credibility is down another notch, again...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
That idiot standing in the front of the boat is Rusty Malinowski (sorry if I butchered the spelling). I am pretty sure he is one of the hardest working pro tour riders and has done a lot for the sport. Like land the first switch ts 1080 on film....
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I knew it was one of them.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I'm sorry, I take it all back.

As someone who watched his cousin die in a boating accident where a women watching her son on a tube instead of watching where she was driving, I guess I have skewed viewpoint on this subject.

I don't look for people on the internet to hate or like me.

I don't sell wrecked boats to people. I repair wrecked boats as a hobby and sell them after they are fixed at auction to buyer's who can and do ask me the history of the boats.

(Message edited by san210Nut on October 26, 2006)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
I would like to see Red tell Rusty the proper way to ride in a boat.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Red is Right, Correct Craft DOES have very high standards and strict policies in regards to what tournaments it will pull. If you havent had the opportunity to read "Parting The Waters" ( a book of correct crafts history), I would encourage you to do so. And yes, it is a faith based book, and NO, im not trying to use it for that purpose. BUT, the book will tell you of a company and its owners, that have ran their business with the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.. Then maybe people wont make stupid comments about "the meloons fire theyre own family members." maybe if you knew the whole story you could actually make an informed comment instead of sounding a fool. And truth be told, although im sure parks can stand up in the front of his boat safely, all it takes is one person to look at that, try it, and fall, for it to have had a negative impact. I would like someone to tell me what good can come of showing a picture with a person standing up in the front of the boat. Sure, the batwing or indy glide is cool, but would the picture be any less appealing had that person been sitting down???
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
Watch out Chris Weber, you are risking making everyone on this board hate you and losing your credibility on this board...Oh no!
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
And also, Many of the pros who ARE NOT sponsored by a boat manufacturer, choose to ride 210's. go to florida, and 210's and x-stars pretty much are the majority of the wakeboats. And i give red props for not taking shots at anyone who disagrees with him on a subject. suc210nuts is just childish....sorry, but it is....isnt this supposed to be the mature board?? just becasue you dont agree with someone doesnt mean you should talk trash. But, hey, its not my call to make. I commend Red for actually taking pride in the boats he loves and showing it.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-26-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
I think its Rusty in the front of both boats (not 100% sure though) - Both of the photos were taken during the Parks Double or Nothing contest's 2004 & 2005.

I would imagine that this is in an area that is not seeing normal boat traffic; in fact, I believe it was on a private lake without any other boat traffic whatsoever. I would hardly imagine that this would be the way they sit in a boat during normal riding.

The rider in the first pic is Chad Sharpe (tail glide) - winner, biggest air 2004.

The rider in the second pic is Parks (batwing) winner, biggest air 2005.

Red, if you have any pics of riders going that big behind any other boat whatsoever, I would love to see them - these 2 pics are the some biggest airs ever as far as I know.

Also, the rider in the first link I posted is a Nautique team rider, landing the first ever 1080 on video behind and X-Star...
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
I don't think that Rusty stood up just for the picture, I think he stood up to see what was about to happen. It just seems like Red is only posting here to piss off other people and not to contribute anything usefull. CWEB - nice boat.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT in MY mind, that danny or rusty could land a 10 behind a nautique. The first one was landed by parks behind a 205V, and although this may start another entire war, im pretty sure a loaded SAN can throw as big or bigger wake than an old x-star. It just takes the perfect dub, and the perfect hit. But the fact of the matter is that the pros, do mainly practice behind x-stars b/c thats what the tour uses.....common sense...if the tour used 210's, it probably would have been done behind a 210.....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
I think thats Danny Harf filming Standing up in the second pic. The photo was from Parks DU in LK Alfred. cweb I respect what your saying, and think your pretty good dude, but the book about Meloons may be how they think, but not their Management. I worked for a CC dealer for several years, so I do know a little insight. Great company, but some not so nice things go on there, not that it doesnt happen everywhere else. Everywhere else doesnt write books either.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Dan, i think red is just voicing his biased opinion. Everyone does it. Thanks for the boat compliment....although i still need to change my profile, the pic of my 05 centurion is on there, and i dont have it anymore, i just bought a snowcamo 210..
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Billy, thanks, When i read that book, i was amazed at the integrity of the meloons, there will always be a few bad apples in a company of that size, but overall i was very impressed. Anyone who files bankrupcy, strugles for YEARS to get back going, and then repays all its debts, up to 25 YEARS later, when it doesnt have to by law, deserves much respect in my book. And that is just one example. The ethics, and faith base that CC operates off of makes me very proud to own their product.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
*** start of hijack *** CWEB, That Centurion looked sweet. I have a 2005 Elite V and live on the south side of Chicago. We should ride sometime. We are getting off subject though. *** End of Hijack ***
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
New subject!!! How bout them BUCS!!!
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
Who are the BUCS??? did yuou mean the BEARS????
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
Daniel Balich (dbdb),
If you get pissed off by reading an internet forum and hate people based on their viewpoint you my friend have a lot of room for some personal growth, as do I. As far as contributing I think I contribute here as much as anyone. I am the first to help out and provide all the posts for heater/shower installs, I post or link to all the new CC pictures and generally spread my viewpoint on what I think is the best boat out there based on my build quality knowledge which I think is extensive. I would like to ask you how you have you contributed so greatly to this forum that you can trash me?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
The 62 yard field goal Bucs.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
DA BEARS! DA BEARS! DA BEARS!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Dec 14th baby.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
Hmm...im thinking a trash talking thread in NON-wakeboarding discussion...ill get that goin right NOW!!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
Red,
Not trying to trash you here bud. I don't get all pissed off at people on internet forums either, and I can also say I haven't contributed anything useful. Everyone here knows that Master Craft / Correct Craft is a big arguement. Sean Lee was asking what would be your choice X-Star or X-2. You chimed in with a Correct Craft. You had to know that was going to rattle some cages.
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
Cweb wrote: But the fact of the matter is that the pros, do mainly practice behind x-stars b/c thats what the tour uses.....common sense...if the tour used 210's, it probably would have been done behind a 210.....

But the pro tour uses X-star's. The Values of the Meloon family has nothing to do with the pro tour. Wouldn't you want your product to be the center of the Pro Tour? How come the X-star has won the riders choice award 4 years in a row? Is it because the train behind it? Red and Cweb, does mastercraft promote poor values? The fact of the matter is no one has landed a 1080 behind any other boat than a Mastercraft.

cweb wrote: There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT in MY mind, that danny or rusty could land a 10 behind a nautique.

The difference between Nautique and Mastercraft:
Could VS DID
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
I dont think people dislike Red because he expresses his opinion it is because he does it in topics that do not pertain to his opinion. If he wanted to come on this topic and say the xstar is better than the x2 or vice versa no one would care. But the person asking the question does not care about buying a Correct Craft Product.

Red, When you see San vs anything let them have it but when it has nothing to do with CC let it go once in a while. Everyone knows how you feel and are tired of hearing the same thing over and over in topics that you should not even be talking about your opinion of the SAN in.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Steve...its only a matter of time......And the fact that the Meloons Dont want CC boats pulling the pro-tour b/c of some of the other sponsors, shows that they dont care about what is best, only what is morally correct. And i respect that....ALOT
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
What is morally wrong about being the sponsor of the pro wakeboard tour?
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
CC has been asked to pull the pro tour but declined due to the presence of alcohol advertising at the event.

I often refer to CC in posts that don't since a lot of buyers assume they can't get into a CC when truth be known that the other boat manufacturers have surpassed them in pricing. Also due to a lack of pulling the big events many people don't consider a CC. Everyone when buying a boat should test drive as many as they can before the purchase IMO.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Not true, CC declined to do it in the first place.
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
I don't get your point. I'm glad you respect the meloon's and CC, so do I, i grew up with two nautiques. Why would you not care about being the best? If you are in business, like the meloons, you strive to be the best. I am all about ethically, morally right business, but you can do that and be the best.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ok, i dont want to get even more off-topic. But The meloons for a long time would not sponsor ANY tournament that was sponsored by an alchohol company becasue it was not their christian belief. Although this is not AS STRICT as it used to be, their reason for not pursueing it stems off of morals SUCH AS this one. I dont know the exact reasons, b/c i am not inn that loop. I only know what i have heard and read, therefore i dont want to make any incorrect statements, if i havent already. But they stick by their morals and values, even if it isnt the best business decision, which i respect. Its a shame more businesses arent run with this level of ethics..... (i am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM, saying any boat company, including mastercraft, isnt run well....just for the record.)
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
so cweb says it's a matter of time, and red says they declined to be a part of the tour. Interesting, which one is it boys?
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
If you dont mind the read, check out there book, it will give you a much better understanding than i can give you.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
If MC dropped out of PWT, CC and BU would be falling over each other trying to be the first one in the door. Are you saying CC events never have alcohol? CC sure is at the PWT event with boats on display. I remember the Pan Am games a year ago when CC couldnt keep a boat running, maybe thats why they cant get BIG ones.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-26-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
"so cweb says it's a matter of time, and red says they declined to be a part of the tour. Interesting, which one is it boys?"

so cweb says it's a matter of time (before someone lands a 1080 behind a CC), and red says they declined to be a part of the tour. Interesting, which one is it boys? Answer - Both.

BTW the only good information here is "Everyone when buying a boat should test drive as many as they can before the purchase IMO."