Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (saundo)      Join Date: Nov 2010       06-30-2011, 2:27 AM Reply   
Just wondering if any one has any experince towing a wake boat with a bagged truck. I have a nissan frontier on KMC 22"s and really want to bag it, not to lay rail though. There would be no chassis mod's i just want it to tuck a little. The only problem is during summer i need to use the truck to tow our wake setter. In theory it should actually make it better for towing, much like a semi with airbags. But i was wondering if any one has actually done this and towed their boat around, in any truck, and if so how was.

cheers
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2011, 6:01 AM Reply   
Id only tow with a dually that was bagged. I've owned four bagged trucks, and have only towed with the dually. A frontier with would be worthless with a trailer hooked up, let alone on bags. Also, 22s, the tire will be to small to support the load of the truck and trailer.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-30-2011, 8:35 PM Reply   
i have the firestone air bag helper springs on my dodge. i can load the truck with camping gear, hook the boat up, add about 20 psi in each bag and the thing sits like it was empty
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-30-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
The compression rate of a bag is higher than spring steel so it would improve stability and load capacity givin you had the correct shocks to match.Problems could arise from low loadratings on the tires or a idiot installing the system.I towed for years with a bodydrop on thirty five series tires no problems what so ever.
Old     (saundo)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-01-2011, 2:00 AM Reply   
tyres wont be a problem, the are cooper ltz 305/40/22 so they have a higher load rating then the tyres that came standard. do the bags them selfs have a load rating or do they just go off a psi rating ?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-01-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
Saundo what boat are you towing with your frontier? V6? If I recall the rate is around 6000 lbs or slightly higher. Don't push those limits, actually you should always be much lower then the limit regardless if it bagged or not. Have you towed with it already?
Old     (saundo)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-05-2011, 3:10 AM Reply   
towing a malibu lsv, its on the limit but there is not much else on offer that can tow more, for a simliar price, majority of cars that can tow 3500kg are upwards of 70k new. we have towed with it all summer and know plenty of people that have similar boats and cars i know it will do it, i was thinking that bagging it would be a good option because not only will it look sick slammed it will still be very much functional