Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-14-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
I need some advice on a new rope. Just bought a new Straight LIne Team rope and have been disappointed. It doesn't seem to coil as nicely as the A line, and if you set it up at any length other than the ones it offers the cover just breaks. The core is fine but having several breaks in the cover just looks bad. I like the coated lines because they are easier to see and float a bit better. Ideally a long line of 80 feet, 85 with the handle, that coils well, is easy to see, has several five foot sections and a cover that won't break if you shorten it or go between section lengths.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Going between sections will probably cause problems on all coated lines. I don't have any ideas for you there, except to find some 2.5' sections.

I've been riding the Proline LG handle/line combo for the last few years and haven't had any issues. You can get 2.5' sections for this line, too (though I think they have to be ordered seperately). It's a 80' mainline (85' with the handle). The first ride they have some stretch, but once they're pulled out it's fine.

I've gotta say, though..... I think the coated line thing is a gimick. I loved my Accurate jacket lines back in the days. They coiled nice and lasted forever.
Old     (twhood)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-17-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
I have a ronix r8 mainline that is 80 feet with 5 five foot sections it has the protective covering too that is fairly durable
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
My buddy's Ronix RX (the glow in the dark one) has a few knots in it and the covering is gone in those sections. I agree with Evan, I dont think any coated rope will stand up to going in between sections.