Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Folks--My son has been boarding for about 2 years on a Liquid Force 119--he is now 8 years old and around 60lbs.

He is getting to a point where the board seems to wash out on him when he charges the wake--like he is not getting enough bite. The LF has a center fin. I was looking at the Surge 125 and it looks like the rocker and molded fins are much more aggressive.

Does anyone have any experience with this board and/or reccomendations for a good "next" board.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
if you want to save some money i think that board is still good.....it just sounds like when he turns the board to the wake he is to aggressive and the board slips.....have him turn in a little on the casual side then when he starts moving across he can start leaning back. This is always done progressively not all at once....thats when you slide out. You can pull the boat over with a finless board so its just his technique. may go to learn wake and watch how they do it or get instruction.

if i were to upgrade him from here personally i would go near hi end gear.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
having said that the surge is a nice board plus you can ride it without the fin when he is ready or wants to. That mold is from the old absolute pro model....its a nice ride.

for the boots I would shop for a pro model boot from 06 to 08. any pro model boot will do. But for the kids i would stick with the hyperlite line (murray) or liquid force (watson)

i put my kid who is 11 but also 60lbs.....in the 2005 parks boot...nice support comfy, needs lube though....but you can get them for 50 bucks and they are promodel boots.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on August 10, 2009)
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
Thanks Michael. I found a new Surge with Seven bindings for $200 shipped. Looked to be a decent deal so I bought it.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
....thats a great deal! ....enjoy!
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thanks again Michael for the tip
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
just a heads up. i think the seven bindings are the worst ive ever used, they are so uncomfortable to me, ive also ridden the answers and i hated them. so maybe im just anti CWB bindings
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
The Seven bindings are fine, you got a good deal too.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
i was just giving my oppinion on them. everyone else in our boat seems to like them
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
By David Christman (lfrider92) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 5:10 pm:

"idk if the ltd are diffferent. but the regular answers, i found really really uncomfortable"

By David Christman (lfrider92) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 3:23 pm:

"just a heads up. i think the seven bindings are the worst ive ever used, they are so uncomfortable to me, ive also ridden the answers and i hated them. so maybe im just anti CWB bindings"

Hmmm...i just hapened to catch this...
a little confused eh??? :-)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
i said i didnt like the answers twice. how is that confusing?
the seven are worse to me, but i also dont like the answers. whats confusing about that?
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
haha sorry, i read it wrong, i thought on the 08 answer LTD thread you said they WERE comfortable, my bad
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
i sat there and read your post like 4 times. and was like wtf is he talking about. haha. its all good though. ive made simple mistakes like that. and for the record, ive never worn the ltd. so idk if they are different
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
not different, just diff color so in other words still super comfortable ;D