Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-25-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
If....riding on a smaller part of the lake and crossed paths with another boat several times. Their rider falls as I am about to hit a d-up and head back in the other direction. They decide to go that way and cut us off. I mean like within 100 feet. So my driver stays behind them. They proceed to try to start a fight and ask why we were following to close. And the best part...all he could do was challenge me to a "ride off." hahahaha.
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-25-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
Tell him you were there first so go find your own spot to ride.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-25-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
It's never the easiest decision to make. Sometimes you litterally just have to stop, apologize to the rider, cuss about the other idiot and then resume when it's safe to do so.

Up here I'd say less than 5% of drivers know how to share the water (at least the case on my lake) with other users, maybe it's different there, but take nothing for granted. There's more retards on most lakes than knowledged boaters.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-25-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
We got up early & headed for our secret cove. when we go there there was another boat already running a different pass. Before we got all sacked up, one guy came by & said we can take turns instead of fight eachothers rollers.... they even changed paths for us..... Worked great
Old     (krieg)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
Unless people stop breeding, which is unlikely, the only true course is coexistence and cooperation.....so says my zen calendar anyway....
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-25-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
Men handle all disputes with a bout of leg wrestling, it's only fair. If no one is willing to leg wrestle, dance off.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-25-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
obviously talking to the idiots didn't work in this case, but Most of the time, you can educate and/or reason with the idiots. MOST of the time. the rest of the time, just keep your distance.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-25-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
tranquilizer dart.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-25-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Sounds like an 80's movie...

Montage with bad 80's music please
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-25-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
Hmmmmm......I would have poached his line. Just told my rider to hang and zipped around him and and had clean water. Then I would have exchanged fingers.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
I had a similar situation come up a few weeks ago. We were riding a local line and had been there for hours. As we were between riders, another boat pulls a rider into the line. As we watch, his rider falls a couple of times, each fall followed by a huge power turn. Well, we managed to stay at opposite ends of the line and just deal with his power turn rollers.

But as I was towing my GF to the end of the line and about to turn around and come back, I look back and see the other guy's rider fall behind us. Big power turn as he goes back to his rider. We continue underway, and as we approach him, it is clear he is in a hurry to pull up. He pulls up starting about 150 yrs in front of us to take the butter. We end up about 75 yards behind the rider.

Well, fine, he pulls up in front of me - so I follow. I am not going to turn around in the middle of the line. So his rider starts giving us the finger. Then hucks some stupid spin attempt and falls, so I shut down right next to the fallen rider with my rider at the end of the line.

He starts screaming at me for following him, and I asked him why I should give any respect to some power turning ahole that pulls right up in front of me and gives me the finger as he steals my line. He came back with the tired old response about having to power turn to protect his rider (we were the only other boat on the line). We had some pretty heated words, but the end of it was basically, "Look guys, all this anger is only going to wreck both of our days. I am not going to run over your rider and I trust you not to run over my rider. Please stop power turning and lets keep the water nice..." Then I pulled up my rider and kept on.

It wasn't a nice polite exchange by any means, but at least they stopped power turning and started sharing the line right. I think sometimes you just have to step up and tell people you are not going to tolerate that kind of sh!7.

(Message edited by texastbird on August 25, 2008)
Old     (jmattnc80)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
I say come back by and nail a backroll right in front of him as he sits in the water.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
take him up on his challenge. throw a fashion air, frantrum, or tindy and claim victory.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-26-2008, 5:14 AM Reply   
Stephan I think that is the best choice. Next time I see them I am gonna challenge him to the leg wrastling. Ryan while I wrastle him I will play "Highway to the Danger Zone!" Andy believe me I exchanged the finger with him all the way through a backroll. Haha.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
Superman that oooooooo
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
Well, I'll tell you what jesus would do...