Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-20-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
If there are any Table Rock Lake riders, help me out. I am going to be in Springfield,Mo on 6/30 and 7/1 for my sons basketball games. I am considering taking the boat with me as I will have from 2 PM on Sat till 1 PM Sunday down time between games. Is there any accessible riding spots on Table Rock or other lakes within driving distance of Springfield. It will probably be me and my 2 sons and maybe my stepson, we love to ride but are not that good yet. Mostly W2W and working on some spins. I also need to know particulars of rules and regs. i.e. down rider flags etc for Mo. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance. Fred
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Kimberling City is about 45 minutes south of Springfield and there is a ramp available the 13 campground... LOTS and LOTS of places to ride down here... Orange flag req'd when rider is in water... Other than that if you've never been on "the rock" its a gorgeous lake and you'll enjoy it. Email me if you have more questions...
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Whats up Fred. Hey I live in Springfield and like kstate said Table Rock is only about 45 minutes from here. I would say the best place to ride would be Cape Fair. If you are just wanting to ride Cape Fair has the best water. Kimberling City is a good place to go if you want to see alot of people. It is the busiest place at Table Rock. I am sure we will be down there that weekend too. Call Ski Shack here in town and they should be glad to help you out. As far as rules go, the main one is the orange flag. other than that we have about the same rules as most other lakes.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
I'm with Jay, I vacation in Cape Fair all the time and the water there is perfect no matter what day! And its very easy to get to from Springfield.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
13/160 South out of Springfield to Kimberling City, Right (west) on 76 (also called 13-250) to Cape Fair...

Cape Fair is money, just a bit further and drive slow that road is an m effer curvy! Enjoy the rock!
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
VERY VERY CURVY!HAHA I'll be there July 14-21...anyone going to be there?
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Hey Fred!! Another Okie!! I've been to Table Rock once with my boat, but it has been quite a while. I saw on your profile though that you ride at Ft. Gibson and Hudson. I spend almost all the time at Eufaula, but I'm going to be on Hudson from June 30 - July 4. My fiance's family has a little cabin there. I'm really unfamiliar with that lake - maybe you can give me some advice, or we can get together or something.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Anybody that comes down can give me a call and we can hook up. 4178805356 Have my cell on me all the time.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-21-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
Dennis, I will be at the Rock that week as well, probably in Cow Creek most of the week because we'll be staying in Kimberling.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-22-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
It sounds like Cape Fair is the place so I'll probably plan on that. i assume a place to stay will be around somewhere. I'd like to do Sat afternoon and then early Sunday before heading out. I appreciate all the info and I'll get a flag ready. I'll PM you guys later. okwakebdr I'll get a hold of you and guide you on Hudson. I keep my motor home there and know the lake well. Me and the boys are normally there on week nites any way. Where is your cabin at?? Thanks again to all of you. Fred
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
Nick, are you going to make it up to the Cape Fair area?
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
Ya Fred there are 3 or 4 resorts/hotels in cape fair. Its not a big place but they are nice. Cow creek is the new party cove of Table Rock. There are some decent coves to ride in but it will be you and 5 other boats, where as cape fair you ride in the main channel but there are not as many boats. The best place to ride by cape fair is by Virgin Bluff. Here is a pic of it on Sunday afternoon.

Upload
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
I've always stayed at Bridgeport resort. www.bridgeportresort.com They usually fill up very fast so I'd call ASAP. Virgin bluff is only a few min. from the resort. It also has covered docks, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I have been going to Table Rock Lake for 24 years now every summer. We have recently moved from Shell Knob down to the Branson area. Shell Knob was the perfect spot! We had great water all day long. The Branson area is really crowded and we have to drive 30 mins to Kimberling City to get decent water. If you can spend a few extra days in Missouri I highly recommend Shell Knob. Kings River is in that area and is very quiet all day long!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-22-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
Shell Knob sucks. Stay away!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-22-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I agree! Stay away from Shell Knob. Especially when I am there on the holidays. My wife is horrible about power turns & you definitely don't want to be around that.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-22-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Yes. Everyone please stay away from Shell Knob!!! I will be boarding all week and it would be great if no one screwed with my butter.

On the serious side, its hard to go wrong anywhere on tablerock. My family is from ok and my parents built a lake house around the aurora area and it is just an unbelievable place. Ride and enjoy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-22-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
Why aurora? Thats 30minutes away.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Jaubrey, I looked at your profile and noticed you had an X-30. What do you think of it? We are looking at buying one next year. What are the pros and cons? I love Table Rock Lake, Kings River is the spot!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-25-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
Just to clarify the "cow creek" thing... BIG Cow Creek is the party place - NOT Little Cow Creek... So go one cove left (or east) of Mile Marker 6 NOT right... Stop plowing down the slalom course, then figuring out you are in the wrong cove making a big power turn and leaving! thanks

Kings river has great water - also Cape Fair area is desolate... Lots of empty water there!
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the advice I found a cabin at Double Oak resort (everyone else was booked)which is around the 11 mile marker. I'll check out the area and maybe run on up to Virgin Bluff from there. I'll post back on how it was after the weekend. I found them thru www.tablerockfun.com which was recomended to me by the guy at Bridgeport Resort.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2007, 1:28 AM Reply   
august 4-11 i will be at bittersweet resort in kimberling city with my nautique... i freakin love table rock...
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-26-2007, 5:49 AM Reply   
Allison,

We really like it. THe main reason we went with it at the time is because we always have a full boat and the size is good. Now they produce the X45 which is huge and maybe our next boat (Im dreaming). But I love the wake and it has been a good boat. About 600 hours on it now.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Question.....Whats the deal with drinking out on the water on Table Rock, what are the rules? And like I've said I'm always up by cape fair but will drive down towards shell knob, i'm not real sure where I'm at but we'll drive to the big cliff where a ton of boats are and there is like rope swing thing that the people use where is that? and whats it called? and then we'll drive even further and go eat at that pizza hut that has a dock, where is that? Thanks guys
Old     (jdarnold)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Not sure about the rope but the Pizza Hut with the dock is at Shell Knob bridge. We usually go to shell Knob and then head towards Cape Fair or Big M... Would like to find some good boarders for my son to watch, maybe ride with, and definitely learn from... We'll be at Aunt's Creek the week of 7-18...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-26-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
You can drink, but the driver must be sober(as any other lake). The rope swing is party cove(I guess the old p. cove now). Its located where the James river arm meets the main lake(accross from Aunts Creek). Pizza hut is in Shell knob at the Hwy 39 bridge.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
Not sure where Aunts Creek is but I'll be there 14-21...I'm not good tho.haha A grab here and there is the best I can do.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
The "Swings" are about half way between Cape Fair and Kimberling City. As for drinking goes, you can drink on the boat but the driver cant. Other than that its pretty stright forward. J Arnold sorry I have not got back with you. You guys can come up towards cape fair and come meet us. We are usually in a red/black malibu or a green malibu.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-26-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Actually, the driver can, but must be under the .08 BAC. So basically, you can have A beer.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-26-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Just got back from Tablerock on Sunday...water was crap over the weekend. We had to get up at 6:30 to find good water anywhere.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Where were you at Garret?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-26-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
Then you weren't in the right place Garret. If you don't mind driving, Holiday Island, AR.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
The Shell Knob Bridge by the Pizza Hut has a rope swing under it. Don't jump off the bridge because it is really shallow and people have died.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-26-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
Allison, it is not really shallow, unless you count 150 feet deep as shallow. I have jumped off that bridge 100 times. The reason people have gotten hurt(I have never heard of anyone dying) is because it is a long way down, and if you land wrong, it can really mess you up. The summer of 1996 when I lived down there, we had to drag a fat chick accross the lake to the boat ramp with a pontoon boat because she broke her back on impact.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-26-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
That's what I was about to say. I thought I remembered seeing 200 feet just past the bridge.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-26-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
dennis: Our resort was over by the dam, we were right behind that smaller island. Not sure what it's called...
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Ya garret if you were by the dam then it was probably pretty busy. You would have to head down to the MO/AR border to find good water (further south past Big Cedar, under the brdige) I used to think there was good water around there until I started riding alot at Cape Fair.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
Yea, I've only been down to the dam once and it was crazy busy!! and the drive to cape fair seemed to be 2 hours or so on the lake (it was years ago so that might be way off). But like Jay says I've never seen Cape Fair even a little busy.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-27-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
I am still exploring the lake and we go to the cliffs with the rope swing for breaks during the day since its somewhat close to the house. Is there a new area that is nice for hanging out, entertaining friends, and nice scenery? Where is the NEW party cove if it exists and how far is it from the cliffs? Thanks guys.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
There is a place called cow creek that is the new party cove. Its right around mile marker 6. About halfway between Kimberling and Indian Point.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-27-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
We just got back from table rock. Down in MO/Ar is def. busy these days. We started getting up at 6 and had perfect butter until 9:30 or 10. Next time I go there I am going to stay up where everyone else is at. It really is busy down in the big cedar area.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-27-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
The MO/AR area I am talking about is by Eureka Springs, and is at the opposite end of the lake. You can boat almost to the base of Beaver Dam. Its fun to take noobs there and watch them jump into the water when they are letting water out of the dam. Its really cold.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
jaubrey, where are "the cliffs with the rope swing" ?? What mile marker ?? Cause I'm staying @ marker 11 this weekend.