Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
I am looking for a board with good pop and speed. I have read all reviews and know the products but I would like to know some first hand advice from people who have ridden these boards. Which board has the most pop? Which board is the fastest?

Thanks in advance
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-09-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/421854.html?1173414398

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/419188.html?1172740871

I am not trying to be rude, but Demo the boards, that will be way more helpful than peoples opinions. You have done enough research to narrow your choices down, which is good. On a side note, unless there is a deal or your starting to ride soon, I would wait till the weather warms up and more people are riding and able to compare the new models.

just my .02
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
I am starting to ride soon. I would like to narrow my choice down to 2 boards.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-09-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
the LF shane gets lots of good reviews around here for speed and pop, plus the matte black is sweet lookin. Thats the board I was going to buy
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-09-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
the shane is amazing...but dont take it from me....go try it...NOW
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Anybody try the RON1X One or LF Watson?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
I've ridden all of those boards the watson isn't that fast it rides like the substance IMO. the one is fast, but it tends to slip out a little when you're taking a really hard cut. The shane locks in and hauls ass...it's probably my favorite board out there next to the natural
Old    dabigkahuna            03-10-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
I've now ride the 142 One, it's a sick board. Compared to my '07 135 Absolute Platy, it edges way harder. It also has really soft landing and is super forgiving cause the rails are rounded through the mid-section, so it minimizes the diggers. The board also has mad flex, and if you use the one bindings, the combo feels really more like a snowboard than a wakeboard (you can flex and twist the board and bindings as one unit, which really makes you feel like you fully connected to the board). I think if you are having dificulties edging the One, it's probably your technique more than the board. It's easy to get lazy and rely on the fins to track vs. the rail of the board. Just my .02 cents.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
ya. guess it's my technique...
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-10-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
I just got off the one today for my first ride on it. Initial impression is that it is fast, faster than the Nelson shape that I have been riding for the past 2 1/2 years. Rides real high in the water similar to the marius without all the drag, and has a good amount of straight up pop which is what I like. It is going to take some time getting the timing down as it has a different realease off the wake than what I was used to. There is no bucking pop like my Nelson before, instead it releases without effort yet your'e way up there. It does get a bit squirly but the Nelson was far worse at that and I love to play around once in a while anyways.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2007, 12:01 AM Reply   
are you guys riding the one with fins or without?we recently had one but it was the complete opposite of fast and loose.

that just goes to show that different riding styles are tailored to different boards.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-11-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
I was riding with the stock 1" fins. I was skeptical at first with that big of fins, but I really didn't notice them at all. In the future I may play with it and go down to .7s. And when I say squirly I mean when you got it on its belly. When on edge the thing tracked like crazy.

And it is funny how riding styles will change a board's characteristics from rider to rider.

Well hopefully I am off to get a second set on it today.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
i currently ride a watson and love it with no fins on it, i think it tracks great.but then again i can make a sheet of plywood track well too! we currently are getting an 06 shane and an 07.

i wanted to try the One without fins but didnt get a chance