Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-05-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   

Old    walt            10-05-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Thats really UGLY !
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-05-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
That can't be real. Even if its real, the design is bad because it is forcing the bow of the boat back down which kind of defeats the purpose of having a tower in the first place unless they are just trying to get more people in the boat and don't care how it effects the wake.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-05-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
it was taken from a hydrofoil tournament in Texas. It is real
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-05-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
That's too cool. I'd love to have a tower with some extra seating. I wonder what the legalities are with having people sitting up there. I'm sure there is some law against it.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
Dave,

Probably just a "made-up" or "adapted" law, e.g. reckless operation or some crap like that.

I think it looks cool. Unless the boat flips over, that seating looks about as safe as any other seating. They need foot rests though so they don't kick the driver in the head.
Old    awiggy33            10-05-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
that looks really safe...haha until he goes over one of my waves from my centurion and the tower people fly off into the water
Old    walt            10-05-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Having that much weight up that high can't be safe on a small boat.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-05-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
is that a sunsport? beast?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
Tacos, if the driver puts a tower like that on his boat he needs a kick in the head.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
Haha! Come on, you know you want one!

walt,

True, but I think 300 lbs. up there vs. 3000+ lbs. of boat would still leave it pretty stable. I probably wouldn't throw one of those on...say...a bass boat or a Ski Tique though.
Old    walt            10-05-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
You might be surprised at how weight will affect the center of gravity plus add the pull of a wakeboarder. I could tell You a little story about how My friend flipped a brand new wakeboard boat but He wouldn't appreciate it . It really doesn't take that much.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-05-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
Do tell! Do tell!

Anyway, the center of gravity would only be shifted up about 7" by my estimate. It would certainly shift up less than a foot. That's not negligible but I think it's still safe as long as you use common sense. Of course, that's true of just about any boat.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-05-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Looks like something from monster garage
Looks like a rack for an air chair on the starboard side.
Old     (lakeaustinrider)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-06-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
I have seen this boat on Lake Austin many times. I think you have to give them created for "thinking outside the box". I don't think I would want a tower like that but it looks very well built.

I have also seen a Tige' that had a photographers "cage" on the top of the tower. It was taking for taking pictures of the 2004 Tige's for their 2004 advertising brochure.
Old    buttskimmer            10-06-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
The only thing I see missing is the drink holders !!!
~S~
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-06-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
I like how all of those home made towers (remember the yellow boat with the wooden tower)are from Texas.
Old    zboomer            10-06-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
I also saw this boat on the lake, so it's definitely real, and it will get your attention, lol. Yes, they were riding an air-chair behind it!

Pierce, I'll admit, you see it all down here in TX, lol.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-06-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
THAT IS AWESOME, and for those of you worried about the balance of the boat and center of gravity, just think about the tower extension that was offered a few years ago... still is???? That boat is a beast anyways and pretty wide. That is the pimpest and probably one of the strongest towers ever built, look at that tubing, I want one, put me down for 1!
Old    ag4ever            10-06-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
I really think it is something (not bad, but not good, just can't find a good way to describe the feeling, but I think it has merit).

Now since when is the purpose of a tower to pull the bow of the boat up?

How is their tower pushing the bow down?

Also what kind of boat is that?
Old    markb            10-06-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
definately supra...is it the beast?
Old    aircox            10-06-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
Add a Spring board and a Waterslide and you will have the Ultimate Tower..
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-06-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
A springboard would be sweet! It really needs a rocketlauncher too.
Old    tattoobling            10-06-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Is that now ZZ Top sitting "in" the tower? I heard those hombres are from Texas.