Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-14-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Just my personal prediction here, God, or Karma or Mother Nature or whatever you believe in is gonna do something like that just to remind us that we don't know jack. As a matter of principle when you try to tell what nature is doing you usually loose.

Secondly, if there is such a thing as global warming then I'm all for it! Winter is way too long. Global warming means more warm. Warm mean more wakeboarding.

Lastly, lets say we accomplish Gore's goal of reversing global warming, now we get global cooling. If it gets cold people freeze, plants don't grow, and to me the air always seems dirtier when its cold outside.

People of the world unite. Support global warming.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Dude, in Kansas all winter long I was absolutely down for global warming to continue. Now that I'm in California, I don't really know about that idea - Kansas might get a longer season, but we might be under water.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ignorant.
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Pave the rainforest!

But I'm seriously for nuking somebody in the name of saving the planet.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-14-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
they say it has warmed up an average of 1 degree in the last 100 years. in fact the 1 degree could be the fact that our measurements arn't precise. and it might have been warming up 1 degree every 100 years for the last 1000 years. no one knows. al gore is just trying to get some publicity imo.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-14-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
Nuke the whales.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
legalize gay whales for Jesus!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Bubb Rubb would like to add:
Upload
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Ignorant. Global warming is much more complicated than every place on earth getting hotter. It involves changing weather patterns, more violent storms, and changing of the ocean currents. If you want to talk about a politician who sucks, look at the man who is waging an illegal war, putting our country so far in debt, and pissing of the whole world. All politicians are pretty lame, but illegal war is much worse than trying to help change the world for the better. I hope Dave shuts this thread down cause it has no where to go, but down.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
way way too hot,
Upload
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Tony, you're right about the illegal war. I just realized that every war that was waged without the president going in front of all of congress was lost, while wars that were taken in front of congress were all won... I wonder how that works out?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-14-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Bush's top ten solutions for global warming

10. NASA mission to turn down the sun's thermostat

9. Federal subsidies to boost production of Cool Ranch Doritos

8. Fast track Rumsfeld's "Colonize Neptune" proposal

7. Convene Blue-Ribbon Committee to explore innovative ways of ignoring the problem

6. Let Hillary worry about it when she takes over

5. I dunno -- tax cuts for the rich?

4. Give the boys at Halliburton $90 billion dollar contract to patch hole in ozone

3. Switch to Celsius so scorching 98 becomes frosty 37

2. Keep plenty of Bud on ice

1. Invade Antarctica
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
The weather has only been being recorded for the last 100 years or so. So how do they know what is going on and if they are right or not?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-14-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
scientists can use ice cores from glaciers (water frozen with air trapped in it from long ago) to determine a lot about the atmosphere and amount of co2 present at times long before recorded weather. Like him or not watch "An Inconvenient Truth" Disregard Gore and take in the facts. I wish Gore would have presented that movie with out himself tied to it, because of him many reject the movie and the ideas presented.
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Becoming a pirate definately helps too. Argh! Has anyone seen my eye patch? I think that damn parrot took it! Global warming has him going crazy!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-14-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
history shows we have had ice ages come and go, remember they say it was tropical here in the time of the dinosaurs, heating up and cooling down of the earths surface and atmospere is a natural cycle...glaciers carved Yosemite, there are still 50-60 remnant glaciers in the sierra nevada, but nothing like the giant ones that carved the valley, they have been receeding for thousands of years now...long before we were ever burning fuels like there is no tomorrow. how much co2 can a volcano put out? how much heat? what about 10-20 or 50 volcanos?
we are fooling ourselves that we can impact a huge system driven by a planet with a molten subsurface, we still can't even predict the weather correctly. The sun has more to do with global warming than any other factor. Maybe we sould spend your tax dollars on a dimmer switch for the sun. Figures don't lie but liars figure. It will be all about getting your money and raising your taxes.
Old     (todd_everton)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Kind of hard to take Gore serious when he has a $2500 a month electric bill for his home for Him and good ol' Tipper
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
^do as I say, not as I do...good ol' politicians watching out for the good of everyone

How's that bird flu coming along? Maybe it was eradicated by Y2K...
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
Watch out for this guy too!!!!
Upload
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-14-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Seriously, global warming hysteria would just be funny if it weren't for the suckers trying to take away my boat, snowmobile, motorcycles and anything that runs on gas.

There have always been violent storms. There has always been climate change.

I am a boy scout, actually an eagle scout. I love the outdoors. I believe in keeping it cleaner than you found it.

I don't agree with GB on a lot of stuff, but IMHO the leaders of other side are doing their best to fight for victory of the people who want to kill us because they believe it will help put them in office. Just my opinion but the whole global warming thing is to try and change the debate from who will stop the people trying to kill us, to who will save the planet from global warming.

(Message edited by robandrus on April 14, 2007)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-14-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   

quote:

If it gets cold people freeze, plants don't grow, and to me the air always seems dirtier when its cold outside.

I'm not going to touch any other comment you made b/c you are obviously ignorant like doc said but it's dirtier when cold?????

Dude you are completely out of your mind!

You don't think the rain and the wind clear the air?
Old    stillstandin            04-14-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
^^^Depends on where you live. Where I live, if it is not windy, you get the fog, and it feels dirtier in the winter...."Feels" , may not actually be the case, but the chimney's and what not make it feel that way.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-14-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Nicely put bftskir.

I dislike Gore very much but I did watch the "An Inconvenient Truth" like everything else it had good points but also was kind of one sided. Gore took into account what would best support his beliefs. He is defiantly a great speaker and if you didn't know any better I could see his movie being very persuade many people. I have done much research on this and have taken some classes in geology in college and have some understanding about ice core and measuring co2. I'm no expert but I did my own research and made my own opinion. The best thing for anyone to do is there own research then you decide what you believe and don't believe. I'll end with one very interesting thing I cam across while researching this subject. Research has found that earth is not the only planet where the temperature is rising, over the past 10 years or so there has been a steady temperature increase on mars and venus. So my question is why the increase of temperature on those planets if there are no people on them polluting the atmosphere...maybe the sun is actually changing and producing more heat. I mean it is a star and they are always changing. Just one thought.

You decide for yourselves.
Old    murrayair            04-14-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
Sinko- Hilarious!

I'm super duper serial!
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-14-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
WE will destroy the Earth way before global warming does! }
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-14-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
The thing about this global warning stuff is that you're not being allowed to hear both sides of the issue. There are many climatologist who disagree with the almighty Dr. Heidi and the Gore followers. I know of one who has tried to get a debate with her and she has refused or has been conveniently unavailable for such. I'm keeping a neutral stance until debates and opposing views are allowed into the mainstream media.
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
70% of the worlds fresh water supply is trapped frozen on the polar ice caps. This is fresh water we could all enjoy for wakeboarding! On with global warming!

(Message edited by Thedangcorn on April 14, 2007)
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-14-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Al Gore is ignorant...and the same can be said about the people who think they are solely right. Global warming is a pattern the world sees. It warms up, it cools down, it warms up...Pollution doesnt help but shutting down everything and anything that gives off exhaust isnt what needs to be done...its all about reduction and technological advancement ie: ETX Cat....and of course piratism would definately help....
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-14-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
who really cares.......
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-14-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
Allen, you are correct my friend... Gores "facts" in his "movie" are not backed up by MOST of the science community, Liberal or Conservative. Al Gore is just mad cuz he sucks at wakeboarding, so he is trying to get boats off of our waterways so that there will be no more SS TS BS 180's. word.
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-14-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
i dont want to be mean, but ya we need to get rid of about 2 billion people on this planet then everything could go back to normal
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-14-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
Brad - You are retarded. Go back to normal? What the heck is normal? That is the same bass-ackwards logic that led to folks getting freaked out over global warming in the first place. They think that the eart is some kind of un-changing steady-state device and somehow anytime it changes it must be someones fault and they have to figure out how to blame them and tax them. I say we start with getting rid of the folks that think we need to get rid of people. Seems fair, right?
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-14-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
wasn't it just 20 years ago or so that the same hippies were screaming that we were in the beginning of another ice age or some BS like that? the media is nothing more than lies and a pathetic attempt to brainwash Americans. The sad part about that is the majority of Americans are too stupid to read between the lines and see what is really going on.
Old     (chevboy171)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
mofreestyle pretty much nailed it. Also, everyone should watch Inconvenient Truth AND another documentary that just got released called "The Great Global Warming Swindle"...you can watch it on youtube or download it if you just search Google. Both of these movies are very one sided and have a lot of political crap in them but they both have lots of good scientific information that may help you form your own opinion. Unlike what Gore would like you to think, this IS a debate.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-15-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
"Warming" aside, coal burning power plants, especially the dirtiest ones in China are a huge contributor to water pollution/acid rain-which affects us!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-15-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Man you guys are so smart about global warming and claim they are just "brainwashing Americans"Why can't you guys be so smart when it came to invading different nations,September 11 and so on and so on.

This is what the media is there for,to confuse the public so the government can do whatever the F@#K they want.

That being said,I think if those charts are right that Al Gore shows in his new movie(the inconvenient truth)I have to say that it is pretty alarming.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-15-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
ooh, charts. It must be true. And they were in color.
Old     (todd_everton)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-15-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
LAMINATED!!!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-15-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
Yeah and charts are always right kind of like statistics are always 100% true. LOL
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
you know that if global warming is true, it will melt the iceburgs, into the ocean, dropping the salinity[sp?] and stopping the [forgot the name,... yea........] current, causeing an ice age. frozen water=no wakeboarding.

all that and i dont believe in global warming...
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
ayy, Allen Sasser (bamacpa), high five! haha,
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
rising sea level and declining ice caps. that's what you're looking for, right? i believe they've been reported already.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
yea, but i forgot what the name of the current is. i want to say N.A.T.O.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
Sea level isn't rising, sorry. Sucks for those that would like more waterfront for wakeboarding in Nevada and Arizona, but unfortunately the hype of New York and LA going under water is just hype.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-15-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
Your talking about the North Atlantic Gulf Stream or sometimes referred to as the North Atlantic Gyre.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
to hell with al gore and all the liberal idiots and everything they say... the earth goes through climate changes every so many years.... 30 years ago... they were fearing a global cooling... they have no idea what their talkin bout.... Jesus will come back before the world ever "burns up"... so i aint worried
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
Uh, I think the world will burn up first. Then Jesus will come. That's how the story goes, right?

Maybe you should be more worried about global warming if that is what you think.