Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-15-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Want to send my son to a Wakeboarding camp this summer. He started last year and just turned 15 - doing pretty good. Any advice on camps in my area? We live in Louisiana and was hoping something in Houston area or closer. Thanks in advance for the input.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey Bob, since you're already in the Baton Rouge area, why don't you send him to Bennett's? they're a great waterski school, and also have some really good wakeboarding coaches. They're in Zachary, so its only like 20 minutes away from, if that. The ULM and ULL ski teams train there a lot, and they have pretty good rates compared to sending him to Florida AND paying like 1K for a weeks worth of wakeboarding.
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-15-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
David:

Thanks for the reply. Let's just say that Bennetts is not an option and we will leave it at that. Any other camps that you know of then I would appreciate it. Thanks again for the reply.

See that you are a LA Tech guy. I graduated from there but probably before you were born.

(Message edited by bob_l on March 15, 2007)
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
Other than Bennetts thats close to BR... Houston Watersports Complex? I haven't heard much about them, but know that they are home to the M2 ski school, and the offer wakeboard lessons. Other than that, TSR is in New Braunfels and to the east, you might as well go to Florida, I think.
Old     (mspearr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-15-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
There is also Freeride wake school in Austin. Billy Garcia runs it. WWW.FREERIDEWAKE.COM
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       03-15-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
I have Cathy Williams at my house on Lewis Smith Lake in Jasper AL June 11th - 15th. I can send you info if you are interested, at least two of my days are sold out already.
Thanks,
Karen Nelems
Nelems Marine
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-16-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Karen:

Please send me the info. Will have to check the dates with my wife. How far is Jasper from Mobile or Birmingham? Thanks...
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-16-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Like David was saying M2 ski school.. It's a Pro shop/boat dealership with their own private lake

check it out http://m2ski.com