Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old    Ben Kerran            03-12-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Thinking about getting a new set up for this season. I am trying to make the time to get out and ride a lot more this year. I am looking at the Absolute w/Faction vs. Faction w/Faction and have a couple of questions.

1. Is the Absolute 141 OK for me size wise or would the faction 144 be better? (I am 6'-1" about 230lbs)
2. I am strictly a beginner and don't want a board that feels really loose.
3. I also want a board that will allow me to progress without having to buy a new board next summer.

Thoughts?

THX
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
The thing many forget is that any "beginner" board is a pro model from 2-3 years ago. The Pure, Faze & Kink are all based on an older Absolute shape & will not hold you back in the least, plus save you some $. Of the two options given, I'd get the Faction, its a great board, very smooth and with the dual fins will be very sable. The new Absolute is an aggressive popping boards & not great for a beginner.
Old    DRA            03-12-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Lots to consider. Biggest thing is to ride them both and see witch feels the best for you. Both ride a lot different. One is a 3 stage rocker and the other is continues rocker. Another choice to consider is the Transcend. Best board in CWB line in my opinion (for what that’s worth). Just demo demo demo demo. 141 is a good size and you might feel better on a 144 or you could hate it, just remember everyone has an idea of what’s best for you but you can only decide what is.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
I'm 6'2 220 and I think the 144 faction would be too big. I had a team 143 and it seemed big so I was using a friends 140 Marius. And am now going to get a platinum Marius. Once you get past the mental hangup of how wide the tip and tail are it is a fun ride.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2007, 12:04 AM Reply   
Oh and I got an 05 Absolute platty I'll sell to you! I rode it for a year and after a few people pointed a couple things out to me realised it was really slow and I was not consistent enough for it's pop. But it had alot of pop for sure.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
I ride an 05 Absolute Plat, and I got to demo the new Faction board for a few weeks. For sure you need to demo and see what you like better. As for my opinion, the Absolute is a great board with a lot of pop, but you have to have pretty good technique, or it will buck you. If I was starting out as a beginner, the continous rocker will be a lot more forgiving than the 3 stage. IMO, you will progress faster with the FAction than with the Absolute as a beginner, but when you have your technique dialed in, the Absolute will take you to a higher level literally.
Old    Ben Kerran            03-13-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback guys. My good buddy picked up a Transcend at the end of the summer last year, so I will have access to that also. I will demo both, but sounds like the faction may be a better fit for now. THX again
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-13-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Ya I would say the Faction 144cm or the 07 Transcend 142cm. Demo them all and see what ya like, they are all great boards.