Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
wiht this summer coming up me and a buddy came up wiht an idea. For taking people out we only charge 10 dollars and they know this is the fee before hand. so this way we arent always having to pay the bulk. we are hoping to get 9 people out most times so 60 boat for gas and 30 dollars for food does this seem fair or unreasonable. Just dont want it to come off rude telling people they have to pay
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
9 people each time out would suck for ride time! your costs with that many people arent very accurate either..try doubling the gas cost
Old     (waterlog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-11-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
is the first time free? J/K
People should chip in for gas and stuff if they wanna go.
Old    murrayair            03-11-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Sounds fine to me. I don't have a set donation amount when taking people for a ride on my boat, but it is generally understood by the people i ride with that $10-15 is a good amount, $20 for the all day trips that require filling up the boat more than once.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
yeah...
we pretty much have it to to $10 a set....
You will quickly find out who really wants to ride..
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Sounds good to me. bbut have them bring there beverage of choice.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-11-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
I don't understand this! Are you talking about taking strangers out or your friends? If you take strangers and your providing a service then ten dollars is fair but if you are taking your friends out then I don't feel that it is fair for them to be obligated to pay you for their companionship! I'm not bashing you but your friends should realize that taking a boat out cost money, not to mention the fact that you have a boat payment!
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-11-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
strike that, your 17 maybe your parents have a boat payment
Old    malibu73            03-11-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Last year I was asking 10 for help with gas, im thinking this year im going to up it to $15 - $20. I can only put about 5 people on my boat though.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
sounds fair to me, If you were my friend (or total stranger?) I would be willing to pay/bring my on money for food in addition to that. It's not rude to tell them they have to pay if they really want to go they will and it prevents people from taking advantage. There are kids in my school that will charge you that much if they give you a ride home in their car.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
yeah see well we are both 17 and it is gonna be mainly friends/people we know. But most of the people our age dont understand how much gas cost. We are just trying to make it so its not such a burden on us and we want to be able to go a lot and so do a lot of people. We are just trying to find most convienent way. Yes acuttaly the boat coast 60 dollars to fill up done it numerous times. As for riding time when youre out on the lake for a while some people dont always feel like riding just want to watch more weight in the boat im fine wiht it.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Maybe just say, the gas bill was $60 dollars for today, everyone who rode can split the cost. I don't think people just riding in the boat should pay for gas. As far as food and drink, split it with everyone or have people bring stuff to contribute. If people aren't willing to pitch in, don't invite them back. As far as whether or not its fair, I would love to be able to go out on the boat for a day, food and drink provided for only $10!
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-11-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
my boat doesn't run off thank yous
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
My rule is usually if your getting pulled your helping with gas, and if your just there to hang out, all I ask is that you bring snacks and beer. I won't charge anyone to sit on my boat, I see it as free ballast. I'm lucky I have a few good boat friends (that help clean and always throw in for gas) they will always have a spot on the boat.