Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden this board and does anyone have any reviews?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
just watch the video here http://www.ronixwake.com/default_men.../ParksThruster

his description of the board is sad. He talks more about the way it looks than the way it rides. And what he said about the fins, yikes.

Im sure a ton of people will buy this board. But if you know anything about wakesurf shapes and fins than you can tell that it is a $679.99 joke.

You can get a Shred Stixx for $599 and even the Hazen Quad for $699. Those boards are proven by real wakesurfers in tons of videos and comps.
There are so many better options for that price.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
It's actually for my wife, I do really want to push her elsewhere. i've ridden the koal and don't really like ronix surfboards. We just need a faster board, currently have the grindwater muaka. Great all aorund board, any size can ride it, easy to teach on, but doesn't have the speed. I'm 230lbs, so I need to find a fast board that can float me too
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-13-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Funny how in the video the board he is riding has a fish tail, and the pics are of a board with a square tail LOL
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-13-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
Why don't you look at Phase 5 and Shred Stixx?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
I did a custom soulcraft for my wife and she loves it
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
I like that soul craft. Anyone ever ride the inland swallow?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-17-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
i have a swallow, great boat board, really fast down the line, but you can ride it at 250lbs so who will it be for?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
Always try to go wiht a good board for everyone on the boat. My wife wants a faster board, but if everyone can ride it all the better
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-17-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
the swallow is a great board for you and the ladies will be able to ride it as well. i have a bunch of different boards and its been a staple board for our boat. I think it would serve you well. Its uber stable, super fast, maybe one of the fastest boards you will find, really strong construction and you have some fin options from inland. I am not sure if there new v2 design uses there fins or a more standard surf fin box, but the big boy fins work well. it is not a board you have to pump, some boards require a ton of pumping, (i have a custom stixx hazen that you really have to pump for drive) also check out the phase5 line,, they have 2 new boards that are surf/skim style with 3 fin setup and a large carbon trident for us big buys. hope this helps
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
the swallow is a great board for you and the ladies will be able to ride it as well. i have a bunch of different boards and its been a staple board for our boat. I think it would serve you well. Its uber stable, super fast, maybe one of the fastest boards you will find, really strong construction and you have some fin options from inland. I am not sure if there new v2 design uses there fins or a more standard surf fin box, but the big boy fins work well. it is not a board you have to pump, some boards require a ton of pumping, (i have a custom stixx hazen that you really have to pump for drive) also check out the phase5 line,, they have 2 new boards that are surf/skim style with 3 fin setup and a large carbon trident for us big buys. hope this helps
i need to look into phase 5. Have you tried the shred stixx piranha?