Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
I have been on this roller coaster trying to get a sweet boat for a good price. Well i was supposed to buy a 01 mastercraft 205v for 10k less than blue book. Sweet deal but the person who owned the boat decided not to buy a new boat and he was going to trade it in and that was how i was getting hooked up. Anyways i have decided to say screw buying a used boat when i am getting such a screming deal that i should only be considering colors. I saw Atlis all red x1 which was sick but i wanted to see others out there too. I was thinking about all red with black x1 stickers or black bottom with red interior and red sticker or black bottom with orange interior with orange sticker. How do those sound? I tried to used the mastercraft design a boat but it keep freezes up and wont allow me to use it. Anyways thanks ahead of time.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Attila's boat is sick!! Like you I like it or a red one with the black lettering. Here is a red one with black lettering but it has a white deck.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
Pics
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Ok, try againUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
few moreUpload
Upload
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
moreUpload

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1641
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
red/whiteUpload
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
That red / black x1 is hot.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
wow. Something about the white with the red deck is kinda sexy and unique.
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Yeah NAW i agree. Something about it just looks damn good and i know it isn't that galvanized trailer.

You are the man MAC. Thanks for all the pics. If you have more please post!!!!!!!!!!
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Does anyone know how hard it is to keep an all black boat looking beautiful? I really like that all black with the white strip just don't want to be washing it every day and burning my hands everytime i touch it.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-14-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
They all look good... and the wake is rediculous!!! Thanks for the compliments!

Upload

(Message edited by attila916 on July 14, 2006)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-14-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
hey atilla, can you email me the some more pics of your boat please? you happy you went with teak deck? have they solved the black coming off of the glass one's yet? trouble free season so far? anything major warranty wise? did you order, or get lucky with inventory? brucemac@gmail.com
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Nice pic ATTILA!! Do you have a pic of a side angle in the water. My friend likes the ride and white, and i thought i like red and black but after seeing yours i'm thinking different. So if you have another pic of you boat from the side in the water would be much appreciated!
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
Hey Bruce are you thinking about buying an X1 also?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-14-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Attila, Josh, Mac,

Depending on how things go today, there may be some pics taken.

However, you won't be able to tell how loud the stereo is, by looking at pics. (It's really loud and clean!)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-14-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
josh, yeah, either that or an 05 X2.

can you stow the pilon? and lastly, does the carpet snap out or is it perm?

(Message edited by brucemac on July 14, 2006)

(Message edited by brucemac on July 14, 2006)
Old    thug_hunter            07-14-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Josh,

I've had the same problem w/MC site in designing an X-1. Here's how I got it to work:
1)Click on "X-SERIES" under Introducing the 2006 boats on their home page
2)Click on "X-1" link
3)Click on "Features"
4)Click on "Design-A-Boat" link in the same row
Not sure why this makes it work, but it does the job for me.
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
I finally got it to work. I let it do its thing and when it froze up i right click and select the rewind button. Thats how i got mine to work.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
When building a boat make sure the link takes you to the part were you put in your zipcode. Nothing will work if you don't.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
Here is one like Attilas but on a single axle.
http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=894&cat=6
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
black and whiteUpload
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
Here's our X1; someone above posted one pic of it from Wakesiderides. It really is an awesome boat, and besides a few minor problems here and there all has been going well. Already 65 hours on it thus far since Memorial Day!

I liked the looks of a black hull, but had concerns about keeping it clean and looking good. We keep the boat in a slip for about 3 weeks at a time over the summer, and when its out of the water the white gelcoat stripe is what takes the longest to get the grime off and looking new. No waterspots whatsoever on the black gel after just a simple water/vinegar wipedown. Also, you have to love the classic look of a teak deck, and it really isn't that big of a deal to oil once in a while.

Here are some more photos; I personally think the boat looks sick from shore!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
Thanks MAC!!! I love all the colors but i think i am going to go with the all red with white stickers. It is class yet still flashy. If you find any more please post just to make sure i don't find a better combo of colors.
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
Yeah UPNORTH that is a gorgeous boat. You mentioned that you have had a few minor problems. What did you mean by that? Are you happy with your decision? How hot does the black get during the day? How many people have you had in the boat at a time and still be comfortable? Thanks Josh
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-14-2006, 11:41 PM Reply   
mac that all black and white graphics one is exactly what i want. that's a beauty.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2006, 2:30 AM Reply   
the black and white one looks suh-WEEEEEEEEEET!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Josh-
I wouldn't necessarily call all of these 'problems', but for one the trailer that came in did not meet our specs (that white one is a loaner, ours just came in to the dealer), we had a leak in the port side rear ballast tank, and we had the dealer send the cover to a canvas shop to cut out holes for the cleats.

The decision made was between this and a V-Ride, and after demoing the Malibu and then setting one foot in the MC I could tell which was the better boat.

The black doesn't get that hot, but since its on the hull and not the deck you don't really notice it even if it did. Black is the way to go if you ask me.

Once you get more than 5 people in the boat, it becomes a bit crowded; the most we've had in it at once is 10. Even though nobody could move around, the wake was sick, and thats all that matters...
Old    abadsvt            07-15-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Thanks UpNorth! I am excited to get mine. I am ordering it tuesday morning since the dealership is closed mondays. I am not excited for the month+ worth of time i have to wait but time goes fast. Have you been in a Direct Drive boat with 10 people? Is it more crowded than that? I would imagine that it would be a little but nice because everyone can talk to each other. I am not sure if there is enough room for 10 people plus coolers? You know for water. I just went down today and looked at an orange/white x1. First time seeing in person the x1. I was happy with the boat. I just want mine!!!!!! Thanks Josh
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-15-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
hey, i'm sure it's small, but is there a "built-in" cooler below the decking on the X1? how big is it?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-15-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Under the rear seat. It's actually not bad. You can fit a few "waters" in it.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Just a pain in the arse to get to...
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-15-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
will one of those square igloo's fit behind the driver seat, or is there not enough room?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-15-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
I am able to fit and open a medim size coleman behind the driver's seat. It alo works in the rear locker, that is when the lockers aren't full of "fun bags"!
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-15-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
How many "waters"?

Josh, congrats on the decision!
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-15-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
The Igloo 'cube' works nicely behind the drivers seat or strapped to the back corner of the swim platform.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-15-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
ahhhh, didn't think of that! will it stay put underway? you just using those black rubber bungies?
Old    abadsvt            07-15-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Hey Mac ALOT of water!!! You always want to be hydrated while on the lake. Is there really a ice chest built in or are you yanking my leg? I will definately post some pics when i pick it up, when i take it home, when i first put it on the lake, when i have 5 strippers dancing on the back of the boat, when i load the boat, when i take it home, when my wife finds out that i spend a grip load of money, when i am sleeping in the boat, when i am living in the boat. I think i might want to get an extra memory card for my camera.. Jumping around. How is the factory perfect pass? Is it close to the wakeboard pro one? This coming month or so is going to seem like forever.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-17-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (bigbird1031)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
i had a black truck years ago, and swore i would never buy a black truck. now i have a yellow/white/black 06 x2. i swear i will never buy a black boat
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-17-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
darren

how come? same reasons as the truck i suppose, but is there something else you can share? i've owned a black jeep, black explorer and now a black denali xl. i've said the same thing, but keep coming back. there's nothing better looking than a black rig/boat. (clean of course!)

(Message edited by brucemac on July 17, 2006)
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Someone already posted a pic of mine but here is a better picture.

http://www.theharveystudio.com/gallery/d/70-3/DSC_0503.JPG
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Jason, your X1 is GORGEOUS
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
wats the with all the different boat choices in the build a boat configurator? there is a regular x-star then an x-star switch and with some of the other models they have one called a backside and a slider. wats the deal with this?
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-24-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Probably different graphics?
Old     (rmitchell242)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-24-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
ok damnit where do the beers go in this boat is what the people want to know! haha
Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
i really like the white with red top it looks clean