Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    ibizaboarder            01-21-2005, 5:21 AM Reply   
I am looking for a 20' boat that I can convert for wake boarding. Has anyone done that here?
-Can I simply put some plates with hydrolics on the stern? Or is Just Ballast enough?
-Do monster or someone make towers that I can really put on any boat?
-Has anyone got any advice?
help!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-21-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
Please post a picture of a Sea Boat?

Inboard, outboard, prop, jet, give us some clues and we might be able to help.
Old    ibizaboarder            01-21-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Well. I am trying to find more information, so that I can decide these things (ie in/out board, which prop etc.............)
Heres a couple of pics though.
boat
n
Old    ibizaboarder            01-21-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
and
w
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
I've been in a couple outboard fishing boats and most of them have complete washy wakes, id find it very difficuilt to get a wake out of something that your looking at.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-21-2005, 7:19 PM Reply   
It's very hard to control the speed with an outboard expecially if it's a traditional two-stroke motor. You should be able to get a decent wake if you put a few fat sacs in the right placek, trim the motor and you go the right speed.

I went boarding behind an outboard in Mexico on vacation last summer. He ran two big plastic drums (like 40 gallons) in the back. When we were done boarding he just dumped the drums in the bilge and pulled the plug and let it drain out the back (obviously while we were moving). Pretty crude but fairly effective. He also had a pole rigged with cables in the center which was a little sketchy.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
yes but you were also in mexico everything is a little sketchy down there. =)
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-23-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
have to comment, my ex-wakeboarding boat 210 proline center console with a 225 yamaha on the back. we took some exhast pipe, bent it to connect in the center and stuck it in the out riggers for a tower. but the girls loaded up only because of the big deck on the front you can lay out on.