Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    jayh            01-12-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
I have recently ordered and new off season training board first used by snow boarders. Its called the Tierney board. It is a type of modified skateboard used more for downhill. This board gives you the feel of carving as you bank and carve down the hill. I found it most usefull for crosstraining riding switch. Even more than the balance boards, this board will strangthen you ankles and calves. After just a few minutes I could feel it in my legs. I workout daily but am going to add this creative board as a weekly routine. I would like to know if anyone else has used this board and how do they like it? Here is the link.
Old    jayh            01-12-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Here is the link if you want to check them out.

http://www.tierneyrides.com
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-12-2005, 8:44 AM Reply   
They just sent me one, but it hasn't been dry enough to try it out since then. Plus, I'm still recovering from 50 and sledding injuries. Looks like an really interesting idea. I just hope I don't hurt myself again. The guy in the video makes it look a lot easier than I'm sure it is.

I'll put a review up when I get the hang of it. Here is the link: http://www.tierneyrides.com/.
Old    jayh            01-12-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
It takes some getting used to but you will really feel it in your legs. If you need some work on you switch stance, try riding this board that way.
Old    turfsk8r            01-12-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
I've been riding the T-board for the last 3 years. It is the best. When I lived in the midwest we would take it to parking garages and bomb down the ramps. Their new truck design is some much better. They are lighter, more responsive, and give an even better feel. Plus they are less expensive so Tierney Rides was able to lower the price of the board.

We were riding the boards up in whistler and a cop clocked us at 35 MPH(55KPH). You can't get speed wobbles on this board. It gets more stable the faster you go. BTW we were all wearing full pads, Helmet, knee, elbow, and wrist.

If you are stuck in a flat area the board works great for skitching. We used to got to big parking lots early in the morning and take turns skitching behind my truck. We used about a 30ft rope with a handle.

Check it out http://www.tierneyrides.com.

(Message edited by turfsk8r on January 12, 2005)
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-12-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
what they don't come up with...i've seen millions of different skateboards.