Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
a friend of mine has just bought a new x 15 and is needing more ballast in it. he doesn't know how much the stock ballast is so i need to know that before i add other sacs to it. what are all you other MC guys putting in your x 15's to get a really good wake out of it. also what weight percentage does the boat like in the front and rear. i was also thinking that i might be able to get the added sacs to gravity fill and grain. any suggestions would be great. thanks.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-04-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
I don't know from personal experience but I would put in that Fly high system that they use on the X-2. It is rear sacks and a bow integrated sack. This way all his ballast is hidden. You might want to check if you can get bigger bags in the rear than the X-2 system. I think you would want the biggest possible bags in the rear that way he won't need a bunch of other sacks for surfing.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2008, 10:20 PM Reply   
they're not going to be doin much if any surfing. they will also have about 5 or 6 people in the boat each time out. i was thinking about the integated sac for the front and then the fly high wedge sacs for the rear. the wedge sacs would add another 800 pounds in the rear. my friend would still like to have a littel storage in the rear so they could have room for jackets and all the extra stuff you carry on your boats.
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-05-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
I may be wrong but I think the stock ballast tank on the X15 is 600lbs. I think it's all in the rear too.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-05-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
nope, it is closer to 900. Not sure on exact numbers but I believe it is about 250 in each rear and around 400 in the front tank.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
the MC dealer over here didnt' have a for sure answer for me on the size of the tanks. he had said everything he saw on the ballast in his books had said 1000 pounds. 300 each rear tank and 400 in the center tanks.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-05-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
2nd on the the Fly High X Series sacks. Love mine. At least 500 extra in each rear locker and the under-the-seat nose sack up front. Prolly want to throw one on the floor too if you get greedy like us. :-) Then buy a few lead 40lb bags My X-2 is 250 on each rear and 4 in the middle = 9. I run the fly high 370 tube (its really a rectangle) on the floor, then put a 400 wideways on top of it. A 400 in the back width-wise on the floor, then the 155lb brick to move around. Prolly 2300ish plus bodies. Love It. I choose to leave my storage open because I'd rather walk on sacks than ice chests, vests, the garbage can, etc
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       06-11-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Not sure about the amount of ballast either. I was told by my MC dealer that it is about 1000. 250ish each side then around 400 in the middle.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-11-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Whatever it is, it's not enough.... I'd start with 3 sacks. One for each rear compartment and one for the nose in the walkthrough. You might also want to pick up some lead to move around and optimize the wake from there.

I'm thinking that boat will want to be sunk pretty evenly (as opposed to a star that needs all the weight in the rear). Try to keep it balanced and the wake should shape up nicely.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-11-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
I have an 08 and we are running 350's in the rear lockers and 250 under each bow seat, plus another 300#s of lead that we move around, but usually just in the bow. That brings the total to 2500 with stock and I must say the wake is great.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Dan, you have any pics? There is no pics anywhere of the X15 with extra weight.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-11-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
do the flyhigh sacks have a burp valve on the top of them? i know the supra sacks the make dont and it blows. always get air in them
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-12-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
06 x2 fly high install with pics

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/579077.html
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Brett,
Here are a few shots for you!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       06-17-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Couldn't I take the existing overflow hose for each of the rear ballast tanks and the KGB (middle tank) and use them for the new respective rear sacs and bow filler line. Then run a line from the new sacs to the existing drain ports on the sides of the boat? Wouldn't this then fill the stock ballast first then the new sacs? Some of the other installs appear to be filling the stock and new sacs at the same time with the use of "T" fittings off of the pumps? It seems simplier and would have more control over which fills first if you just take the existing drain hose and use it as the sac fill hose. Can this not be done? Will the pump drain out the sacs? It seems like the rear sacs would just because of gravity, the sacs being on top of the stock ballast. How about the bow sacs?