Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brent44)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-03-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
I might be selling my baby, forgoing the pain involved in making this decision I might be selling my her. Looking for some advice as to what would be a fair price. 2003 Sanger V230, Black Scorpion with 142 original hours. I bought the boat last year with 52 on it and it is gorgeous. It does have a couple areas that don't make it mint but they are very minor. The vinyl is as close to perfect as you would expect from a 2 year old boat much less a 11 year old. This boat throws a monster wake the way I have it weighted and is solid as a rock. PP, 911 acme, 2600 lbs of bags, 2 pumps, plus the built in center ballest of 500. Teak swim deck. It is the one pictured in my profile. I know what I paid, but I've done a lot to it... Any idea of what would be fair, and I don't have to sell so I'm not looking for bottom dollar prices? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-03-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
comparable boats are listed at 18-23K depending on time of year and condition.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
My advice.... Don't sell. A piece of your soul will go with it
Old     (Brent44)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-03-2014, 9:56 AM Reply   
You're so right Jason, it was all I could do to even hit the post button when I was finished typing. That even took a piece of my soul, but you know how life throws us curve balls. Hoping I can weather the storm or in this case the rain cloud. Thanks
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-03-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Yeah I would say around 23k would be a good starting point
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-03-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
23K is going to be tops from the look of it. Like Beleza above said that might be a starting point, but doubt it will go that high.

If it is so painful to sell it than don't. I just don't get the mind frame….its a boat not a child. From what you are saying I wouldn't even bother. All your going to do is waste your time showing the boat to people you aren't willing to sell to. No use to try (especially this time of year) if your not realistic in your pricing and expectations. Like I said, if you don't want to sell it…don't!!!! End of story.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
see if you can get a couple of buddies to pitch in a couple of grand each and share riding. Even if it is a loan for a year until you can pay them back.

Heck you could probably even work a ride share program on here to be able to keep it
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-04-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Do you own it outright or making payments? If its outright i'd try to find cash from other sources and hang onto it. Any time i've ever sold something to get cash i've regretted it... Sold a dirtbike for dirt cheap and 10 years later the damn cr125's STILL sell for more than i got and i couldn't even tell you where that money went, but if i had the bike at least it'd be in my garage! If you make payments i'd say dump it and save that cash.