Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-17-2005, 11:42 PM Reply   
I just had to tell you all what a great day I had Sunday. I started out my day by getting pulled over by a CHP doing 83 in a 65. It just just so happened that he was a wakeboarding cop. No kidding! he told me that he should write me up for having a Hyperlite sticker in my window, and a Liquid Force board & bindings. He let me off with a warning since I was on my way to the lake, and said he would get in contact with me so maybe he could get a pull behind Richards new v215. We arrived at the lake a lot later than normal, but you know Lake Mendo + October = 88 degrees & Butta! We loaded up the Sanger, and I got my first ride on my new Substance, and loved it. We finally have the wake dialed, and with the new board I'm sure I was going bigger than ever. The only downside was when I tore my new LF Team bindings. This was only the second time I've ever rode them! Oh well, I didn't really like them anyway. I was happy to see Sparky Jay and his crew out there this weekend too, even if he was too...busy??? to stop and say hi. We were going to let you know that the good water was at the other end of the lake. I tried to get some pics of Jr. riding, but my camera sucks.

A rare sight at Mendo at 1:00pm

Sparky & crew

Jr.

At least they were on clearance, $200 well spent
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2005, 1:27 AM Reply   
I <heart> Nor Cal too :-) hooray!
Old    mendo247            10-18-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
nice pics.. i had a killer time too (as always), definetly glad you didnt score a ticket.. yeah those backrols were bigger than ever! chase shots are some pretty cool angles.. what was sparky doin down in the wind chop.. hopefully it was nicer than that when he got there...
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-18-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
Nick;
Looks like you got great conditions. I haven't made it to Mendo. yet but it is on my list of lakes to hit. To bad on the bindings hope it happened at the end of the day. One of these days I hope to run across richard and his 215.

Nor Cal in Sept and October is the best riding gotta have love for it. Our crew is heading up to Rollins for the weekend. Hope to find the same butter conditions and time to break out the drysuit.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-18-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Great story about the cop. Very cool
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Nick you seemed so suprised that a cop boards? You'd be shocked at how many badges are on the boats in the Delta. Glad he cut you some slack, especially from a CHP - they seem to never cut many breaks.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
I had just put J.R in so I could'nt stop when you guys came by. When you guys left I was clearing rope from my propshaft some moron left in the water. Great day all in all tho.

P.S. Nick, maybe u shoulda bought a better camera instead of cheap boots.

(Message edited by wake upppp on October 18, 2005)
Old    mendo247            10-18-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
hey gary we definetly need to hook up, were always looking for a third or fourth..you could teach me how to weight my boat(your wake pics always look sweet)..just let me know when you want a pull.. i havent even broke out my shorty yet its been in the eighties for the last few weeks...we pretty much own mendo this time of year good conditions are easy to come by..
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-18-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
the same thig happened to my teams...just take 'em back tothe shop or call liquid, they'll get you new ones or actually...one option they gave me was to wait and get 06 bindings of equal value.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-18-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
the same thig happened to my teams...just take 'em back tothe shop or call liquid, they'll get you new ones or actually...one option they gave me was to wait and get 06 bindings of equal value.
Old    walt            10-18-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Last Friday I went up to Pillsbury to pick up my boat and Medo was butter on the way in with no boats.
I got up to Pillsbury and it was a mirror and not a soul around.

Mendo was still rideable on my way out. It really sucked to look at all the butter and not be able to ride.
I think last week was the first time I've gone a week without riding since late spring and thats not right !
Old    walt            10-18-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
By the way nice pics Nick !
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
Good news on the bindings, I called LF today, it sounds like they are going to replace them with some 06 Transits.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-18-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
see, they're good guys!! and you got hooked up fat too!!
Old    walt            10-19-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
Hey Richard,
I can't E-mail you for some reason but I PM'ed you. Did you get it ?

Sorry for the thread high jack.
Old    mendo247            10-19-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
yeah i sent one back to you about a 1/2 hour ago..
Old    walt            10-19-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
I just got it....Thanks.
Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-19-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Hey my teams did the same thing 2nd ride out. Whats the LF # you guys are calling? I plan on getting this takin care of this in the winter. Does anybody have any pics of the 06 Team / LE's or Transits / LE's?
Old    walt            10-19-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
Hopefully the water looks like that this Saturday !
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-19-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
The LF # is 760-943-8364. I don't think Teams are available for 06.

Walt, I think Saturday should be good, I'm looking foward to it.