Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-19-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
ok who has the best system in their boat? show everyone what youve got. put as many pictures as possible.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
Grant or Doug Hansen's stereo wins hands down. No one else need to apply
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-20-2004, 5:07 AM Reply   
what about the guy with that offshore centurion boat?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-20-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
Dude no way mine is so much better.
I have a Kraco deck it is awesome.
Then for amps I am running Jensen. Trust me they have been around for a long time and they know there amps.
For speakers I wanted to take a different approach. I went to a junk yard and purchased 25 factory OEM Speakers out of various cars. I tried to go with all GM because they use Bose and from my experience with home audio Bose is the best.
Plus 5 X 7's really crank out the sound.
I'm not the best with my hands but after a few tries I made some kickin boxes. I used plywood because that's what they roof with and it can get wet unlike particle board. Those shop installers use really cheap wood. I'm almost finished with my tower setup. It is completely different than anyone else. Can you say one piece wood tower and box assembly. It took a few bottles of Elmer's and a whole bunch of nails but it is coming along great.
Sorry no pictures yet but I do have one from when I picked up the lumber.

Old    whitechocolate            03-20-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
You guys think you have seen some nice stuff from Doug Tom and Myself. I bet there is people out there that have way bigger systems than us they just either dont post or dont know about this place or care. That's the evil down side to super high end systems as soon as you think your done, Theres new equipment out there and it's time to re-do your entire system with all new stuff. Im waiting for some company or someone to turn their talents building show systems to do a boat,Theme boat like the Alpine team car, that will make our systems look like stock stereo's, It will happen trust me. The photo of the white Toyota Epic below is a good example as crazy as that boat was/is it seemed like only a handfull of people knew about it the system is like 4 years old, and to this day its the crazyest sub box I have seen in a boat. If I wouldnt have snaped thoes photos and seen it that day @ Berryessa. Who know's

Old    bigd            03-20-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
From another site:
8- 15" subs, 8- 4 way 7x10s and around 10,000 watts

Old    bigd            03-20-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
This one's kinda weird. He's got the "ball o' speaks' moulded into the dash...

Old     (mx21)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-20-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Phaeton -

Kraco is nice but you should really step up to high quality!!!

Sony all the way

It'll knock your hat off (if I swing it hard enough!!)
Old    tabiggs            03-22-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
I agree with Grant, just when you drop some coin into your system, you think that its bad ass and will BOOM the lake but there is always someone that has that got it beat.. I have learned that all these systems are one giant continues projects that never ends. You always want more power, more batteries, more efficiencies, and better sound.. Its a disease... just fun stuff that tells me that i will never grow up :-)
Old    tabiggs            03-22-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
heres one from a 2002 Typhoon Centurion

200 Typhoon
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-26-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
grant-

on your website, i saw that you didn't know what kind of subs were the white toyota epic. there are eight IDMAX's in the back and one up under the dash, powered by 3 xtant 1001's
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
Eh!!! When up yer thees way in Canada eh... try the local Canadian Tire stereo stuff out...

SPARKOMATIC ALL THE WAY!!!

That is if they stillmake it... I dont know if it would have been able to be top notch enough to hit the WalMart or K-Mart stores...

But it would kick Phaeton's Ripped 5x7 papercone bling bling chick magnet system powered by the high end Jenson!!!!

For all of those looking for affordable audio...

Take a Jensen that has 100x2 plastered all over it.. and load it down to 1/2 ohm.... it will power 10 subs and 20 pairs of satellites with no problem... trust me...

Have you heard Phaeton's system? That is what he has...

Jenson's loaded down....

Nice crisp and clean sound...

For those that try it.. send me pics and your feedback... no no no... not the feedback distortion your speakers are spitting out...

feedback on this message board!!!!
Old    whitechocolate            03-26-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
Shawn; What do yo know aout the Epic?. I see on you profile that your from San Deigo and thats where I heard the Epic moved to. I would like to know more about it. Thank's G
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-28-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
grant-

8-idmax 12's in the rear
1-idmax 12 under the dash
3-xtant 1001 amps running subs
2-xtant 604 amps running inside and tower
4-8" mb quart q series components on the tower
2-5.25" compoments in the dash (mb quart q series)
6-6.5" components in side (mb quart q series
2-blue optima batteries for system
1-yellow top batery for boat
1-wrangler high output altenator (175 cold cranking amps)
9-custom machined grills with image dynamics engraved on each one
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
has anyone tried building a box with the subs firing down? if so, how did they sound, pros and cons...
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
That Sony boom box is a classic, I swear I used one on our first outing in our boat. The stereo was to be installed a few days later. LOL
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-31-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
and people on this site complain about the price of a new X-Star.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
Anyone ever see the Nautique called "Thunder Dome"?
Old    whitechocolate            03-31-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
Yes
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-01-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
any pictures?