Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-20-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
I've been using the '05 Byerly bindings since they came out and have always really liked them. I like the fact that I can lock myself in and the bindings are tight everywhere on my foot but I still have a good range of motion. They don't have any pressure points for me either. Most important for me though is when I crash hard I either stay in the bindings or they BOTH come off.

I have been looking for a closed toe replacement for them so I can ride longer in the colder water but can't find anything that works for me. I've tried Shanes and Watsons but neither bindings lean far enough forward for me. I really like how the old Byerlys have a forward lean to them so I can get a hard heelside edge. I thought the Zues bindings would be answer but they have a terrible hard spot on the bottom of my foot where the mounting plate is.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something with a closed toe and forward lean.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
'09 BYERLY maybe...i believe they have adjustable forward lean (BOA)
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-20-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
I had the same boots and they fit me awesome, finally they just started falling apart so had to get something new. I ended up with the LF Vantage boots, so far I love them. I don't think they have quite as much forward lean built into them but they are super comfy and have a ton more cushion under foot.
Old     (matteoh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-20-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
09 byerly for sure. its crazy how they have both this year. (the boa and the regular byerlys)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-20-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Any idea on when I can buy a pair? Anyone have pictures?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-20-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
shops should be getting all their stock in within the next month i believe. i put one on a month ago and its pretty cool. heres a link to a pictures but its just a sketch. they look identical to the sketch though.

http://www.boardm.com.au/boots/listing194.php
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-20-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
except they changed the baseplate and it doesnt have those "shock" pads on them anymore
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-20-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
I currently have the 05' byerly's as well and am thinking of upgrading fairly soon. One thing I noticed is that the 05's have significantly less forward lean than the prior models and it took me awhile to get used to. I was going to check out a couple of LF models but I guess I could always mix it up with different brands like I've been doing in the past.

The BOA system sure is nice but it would be nice if it didn't take so long to put on your bindings!
Old     (matteoh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-21-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
i know boardersmall.com has the 09 byerlys
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-22-2008, 6:13 AM Reply   
On the 09 the boa isn't what tightens the boot. There are laces to tighten and the boa is just a couple turns depending on how much lean you wants