Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-22-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
Looking for a new mirror mount...

What do you have? Do you like it? Why/why not?

Thanks
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-22-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm in the market for one as well.....curious to hear the input.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-22-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
I have an airboom one. It works well. I like the fact that you can mount it higher than the windshield mounts. But if you have a bimini thats low you may have to have it at almost the same place as a window mount. And if your tower shakes it will shake with the tower. I have mine mounted up a little higher so that at night I can look over the window to see better. With a window mount you wouldn't be able to do that.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
NAW's tower never shakes it's a beast. But NAW I can have one made for ya call me.
ITCH
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-22-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
sampson makes a good tower mount. Have it on my titan. No complaints.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-22-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I use the mount from air boom. I like it 100 times better than the mirror mounted to the windshield. Not only does the mirror mount no longer scratch the windshield, but my walk through windown doesn't have the mirror as additional weight when opening and closing.

Upload
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-22-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Is that a "shocker" cup?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
NAW- I am using the Boss tower mount on my SAN, one on each side of the tower.They are pretty clean and basic and they will send you the shims to fit your tower. It looks to me like all of the ones out there are basically the same design so it would just be personal preference really.
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-22-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
My girlfriend bought me a monster tower mirror. They come with fittings to fit all sizes of towers. Very sturdy an easy to remove.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-22-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
I like my Monster mirror mount because it's removable and it's solid. We had some trouble getting the bent arm to work well on his Malibu but it works well on my FCT.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
I do like the Boss mirror mount.

There's no question a tower mount is the way to go. Both of my last boats had one and I'll never go back to the windshield mount.

I forgot to mention that it needs to fit the angle of the front leg of the tower....just like this(my old boat).

Will the boss mount accommodate this angle?Upload
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
NAW- I think it should since it is a two piece unit and adjusts in the middle. Here is a pic of their mount.Upload
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
ijust got my tower mirror from wakeair.com-they sell their stuff on ebay and it looks pretty good, ill get pics sometime soon
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-23-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
I am with Sam on this one. Wakeair.com makes a dope mirror set up! I have one and love it. I know Tim W. is rockin one as well. Here is a like to the site.http://wakeair.com/index/accessories.html. I will also try to get a pic of my setup. Brian is the man to talk to at Wakeair, He knows his stuff and will take good care of ya.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
yea they have great customer service, just call them up and ask any questions, i think i paid around 200 for it, including the clamp, mirror, and mirror arm. the mirror looks sick and its huge compared to the one i had connected on my windshield. i think the tower mirrors make the tower/boat look a little better too!
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-28-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Titan's new mirror is SWEEEET!! Should take a look. Really clean look.

(Message edited by BuGuru on February 28, 2006)