Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    ride_awake            05-05-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
I want to get an Accuski system for my Toyota Epic. The only problem is Accuski does not offer the paddle wheel option for my boat. Does anyone have it with the rpm or venturi? Does it work well? Perfect Pass does not make a system for the Toyota, so my only option is Accuski.

Thanks
Old    ride_awake            05-07-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
I'm sure someone has Accuski on their Toyota. Im just wondering if its worth it without the paddlewheel.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       05-07-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
I don't have it, but I'm ordering for my toyota
I have had lengthy discussions with Guy at accuski.
If they don't make a paddle wheel for your boat
you can get a new harness that will allow you
to place the computer module in the rear
of the boat very close to the venturi.

I understand from Guy that this option is equal to the paddlewheel and will give you very reliable
results. Talk to Guy, he's as straight- up as they come.
guy@accuski.com

(Message edited by sandbag on May 07, 2003)
Old    ride_awake            05-07-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. Let me know how it works once installed.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
I have accuski wakeboard edition on my boat> I installed it last summer. The RPM based works o.k. at wakeboard speeds(21mph) but you need to adjust during the run. The speed based does not work on my 2001 SX. It will not lock on and hold. I think this is due to the lag in the venturi. I moved the computer close to the pickup with the harness and this did nothing. It is too bad a paddle wheel isn't available. It beats no speed control but not as good as the rave reviews I see on PP
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2003, 6:58 AM Reply   
This is very bad news David.
I am about to order.
Accuski assured me last year
the paddlewheel version will be better
than PP. Apparantly its not ready
or maybe never will be.
Crap.
I may have to opt for PP and rip the
accuski out and use it as an anchor.
I DO NOT WANT AN RPM BASED SYSTEM!!!!
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-11-2003, 7:09 AM Reply   
Moving the computer closer to the venturi didn't help for speed control at wakeboard speeds. See if Guy will guarantee product satisfaction (money back). Maybe you will have better luck then me. Will a paddle wheel be available soon?
I hear the gps won't control the speed well either but I thought I would try when that module was up for sale. How much is PP for a Toyota?
Old    ride_awake            05-11-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Perfect Pass wont work on a Toyota. I have asked them a couple of times and its not compatible with Toyota. Guy told me that he will not guarantee satisfaction. He said once the system was installed it was considered used and he would not accept it back for a refund. I wanted to order it anyway but only with a paddlewheel.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-11-2003, 6:25 PM Reply   
why won't pp work on a Toyota? Accuski on RPM is better then nothing.