Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (fig)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-04-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hi guys, it took forever to get this larger cup, mold it and then we had a few issues with release. But, here is the first sample. I will be sending this out to Grant to verify fitment, but the mold and part came out great. We will need to work on the trim, but it should not be an issue in production. Also, the addition of HB LED's in the near future.
The hole in the hole in the base will obviously be centered, this was a quick drill to air pop the part.
Thanks,
Fig

Upload
Upload
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-20-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
i like a heavy boat...
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
By malibu (malibuboats4) on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 12:40 pm:
i like a heavy boat...

me2 can you make me some cupholders out of 1/4" steel?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
Hey Mike: Any updates on these. I would like to get 6 of them
Old     (fig)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2008, 11:34 PM Reply   
Pics of it trimmed and cleaned up.

I got your 6 on the way grant.

Fig

Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-01-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
Mike: The cup holders look great. When are they shipping out? Cant wait to have a LED lit up Brew-ski out of the new Carbon cup holders
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-01-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Andy, I can make you the cupholders out of stainless.

Mike, the carbon fiber looks pretty cool. I'ld like to see some pictures of it in a boat. To get a good trim on the outside you should clamp that up on a machine lathe or old wood lathe. Should clean up nicely.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-01-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
fig, what are those going for?
Old     (fig)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-02-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
yeap, these were turned on a metal lathe already, carbon does not "machine well" but I was able to get it true, then go back and hand touch the edges with wetsanding.
Because of the autoclave process and the hand touching, these are going to have to be around $50 per. I am trying to bring the cost down so I will let you know once I get through this run.

Thanks guys, Hopefully Grant will takes some good pics in the boat, my boat is old school ;)