Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    scooter3            08-06-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
i wanna kno what you think of them?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-06-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
I love the ultra's Very comfortable, light weight, and durable. I've read some people have a hard time getting out of them, but I never do. Easy to slip on and very snug... Great bindings!
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-06-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
I like them. I prefer the exo's, but ultra's are great too.
Old    reefhunter            08-07-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
Love mine!! easy and comfy.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-08-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
This is what I think of them:

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/~jon/pics/voltron.gif
Old    scooter3            08-08-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
i dont wanna sound mean, but what the hell is that?
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-08-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
I just though "Liquid Force Ultra Suction" sounded like something a retro 1980's Japanese cartoon dude would yell out in his spaceship or whatever...followed by "ENGAGE!" of course.
Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
I love my Ultras. I just rode a pair of Exo's and they weren't bad, easy entry and exit but I just get a tighter feel from the Ultras.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-11-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Ultras a cool but a very hard entry. I could see how someone owuld have a hard time exiting also. Light and mobile
Old    ffejtable            08-16-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
I love my ultras! I have a size 8.5-9 mens shoe so I got the mediums to get a nice snug feel... Everybody complains how tight they are, even with people as small as size 6 mens! Girl I ride with just got a pair of Ultra smalls and said mine were tighter than hers, so I checked hers out and sure enough they felt much better.. Maybe the pressure points are in a more tolerable location... I picked her 2000 Smalls for $45, so I am picking up myself a spare pair...

I did adjust her small bindings so they are as loose/large as they can possibly get. The front of my mediums are loosened up, I didnt do the back as much, but I dont think thats going to help with where the pressure point is on my toes...

Go figure...
Old    absolutofft            08-17-2003, 12:01 AM Reply   
wow 2 other Aarons with ultras in one thread, i guess I should make it a third. Yes ULTRAS do rule but they take a lot of wearing or stretching with bottles to get them to the right size. They do seem to be a lot lighter than other bindings. My 143 option with XL ultras feels significantly lighter than my cousins 137 DNA byerly with large byerly bindings.
Old    wakeboardjo            08-17-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
I have an XL pair of ultras, ridden in them 4 or 5 times and they are kinda tricky gettin into without some soap. The ultras are really good bindings though, and the customizable(at least to some extent) overlays is really convenient.

I rode in my friends Medium Hyperlite Highbacks and they felt great, and were easier to get into/out of actually although if you aren't one for heavy support in the toe region you probably wouldn't like them(why do people always show me something I really like when I dont need it!). I think that is partially because its 2 different companies.